Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your ideal fully customized pass?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your ideal fully customized pass?

Getting this idea off of the recent article, thought it would be interesting to hear what people want the most. I'll go first
    30% off dinning, free parking, 0% off merchandise, blockouts during the Christmas/New Year's season.

Free Lifetime Club 33 membership, basically free everything...
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
      Getting this idea off of the recent article, thought it would be interesting to hear what people want the most. I'll go first
      30% off dinning, free parking, 0% off merchandise, blockouts during the Christmas/New Year's season.
      Depends on what the cost is. The more you pay, the more perks you should expect.

Comment

I want it all -- no blackouts, parking, MaxPass, and Photopass included, 30% off dining and merchandise, discounted passes for friends and family, and a dedicated entry gate (or expedited entry) for the top tier passes. I'd even love to see expedited security lines for the top tier. Honestly, at this stage in the game I'm considering getting on the Club 33 waitlist. We've spend our lives working to get to a place where we can enjoy retirement, and I know without a doubt that regular Disneyland visits will be part of my retirement. Without knowing how long the list is, I suppose maybe we should start making plans.

Comment

I want a family pass. Two weeks no blackout during summer, one week no blackout in October and one week no blackout during the holidays. Would expect blackouts heavy elsewhere but give us some time in the spring, whenever is fine. Parking and 15% discount on food and merch with maxpass and photopass as a la carte add ons.
          You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
          It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Honestly, the Flex was perfection for me! I never paid a dime for parking because I would always use public transit, and Saturdays / Sundays are the only times I could go during the work week, and they were easy to reserve out. If they were blocked out, that's a sign that it was going to be a crowded day, so it was somewhat of a blessing in disguise.

I always opted for single rider lines, so never had to purchase a max-pass.

Maybe if they added a buy one, get one free off of any cocktail at the Lamplight Lounge, consider me sold for life.

If there were ever a pass catered for my anti-social soul, it was the Flex.

Comment

I generally go for the cheapest pass. Free parking is the biggest deal for me. 30% off food. At least one blackout day ticket. I had a Flex and I hated having to reserve ahead, so a few reservation-free days would be important. I also like the idea of discount family tickets.
              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Honestly, I'm fine with anything as long as it included free parking.

- Never used Photopass or MaxPass
                - I hate going around summer/holidays
                - If it's a blackout day, it's probably too crowded anyway
                - A dedicated entrance sounds a little too entitled to me
                - Food discounts would be nice, but not a dealbreaker
                - I wouldn't mind reservations as I can space out visits and they'd in turn become more special

The less it feels like a status symbol and/or a country club membership, the better
                Last edited by jacob555; 01-27-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

2 passes for daughter and I
                  Well:
                  free parking, parks and hotels
                  30% off food and merchandise and hotel rooms with concierge service
                  Max passes
                  no black out days
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                    2 passes for daughter and I
                    Well:
                    free parking, parks and hotels
                    30% off food and merchandise and hotel rooms with concierge service
                    Max passes
                    no black out days
                    Go all the WAY !
                    FREE FOOD and MERCHANDISE as well
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Currently, parking is the most important thing. I live 45 minutes away so I'm driving in. I like MaxPass and my husband LOVES MaxPass (and it took me at least 3 months to talk him into it - ha!) so having that as an affordable add-on is great. Discounts on food/merch are nice but not the most important thing. I could not care less about popcorn buckets or other AP "exclusives".

I'll take a stab at passes for those traveling in. I'd like to see some kind of short-term park hopper (3 days?) that includes like a 10% dining discount that expires within a week of first entry. ? There should be no reservations required for short term passes if used within a one week window. Go over the window and you're getting in the queue with everyone else. No reservations required is for post 25% max occupancy world. Obviously when they first open everyone will have to reserve due to greatly reduced capacity.
                      "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I think Disney might do well with an a la carte approach to memberships. They already did an add-on for parking and MaxPass for some passes, so it's logical that the future membership program might start with a few different base plans that cover just admission on certain days. You could then add-on parking, MaxPass, PhotoPass, merch discount percentages, food discount percentages, and block-out day passes. They might even go further and have the reservation window an add-on. For example, each type of pass includes the ability to hold 2 reservations at once and you can reserve 30 days out. You could then pay more for 3, 4, 5, or 6 reservations at one time and then pay for another add-on to increase the length of your reservation window.

Let's consider two opposite ends of the spectrum. There could be a pass with admission days similar to the old SoCal pass. It would allow 2 reservations at once and you can reserve 30 days out. That's all it would include, and it would be relatively cheap. There could then be a pass with no blackout days, but it also would allow 2 reservations at one time and you can reserve within 30 days. Then, you could add-on whatever a la carte items you wanted to each pass. If you wanted a longer reservation window, or the ability to hold more reservations at once you pay more for it.

I'm just brainstorming, but a huge marketing ploy could be the ability to create a membership that works just for you, with only the options you want. They might even consider beverage and food add-ons, but that's a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Go all the WAY !
                          FREE FOOD and MERCHANDISE as well
                          OPPS...how a comma can cause so much trouble...so thank your English teachers for the comma lesson...
                          "free parking for the parks and for all 3 hotels"...that comma made me look greedy...
                          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post

OPPS...how a comma can cause so much trouble...so thank your English teachers for the comma lesson...
                            "free parking for the parks and for all 3 hotels"...that comma made me look greedy...
                            I not English teacher....as you can tell ,
                            (I not great in spelling/nor English)
                            I just do my best in chatting.......................

I just saying Joking........Go all the WAY ! lol
                            I enjoy the way you spend time ,with your daughter.
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 01-29-2021, 07:19 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I am going to try an be realistic and avoid my first instinct to ask for the moon, I propose this pass which I think is fair and doable, while also solving Disney's "sudden" apparent issues with AP's.

Membership Pass Cost $1000 for the year per person, $1800 per couple or $3500 for a family of four

Includes:
                              - 20 days of reserved admission (All Holidays and last 2 weeks of the year blacked out)
                              - Ability to reserve up to 5 days simultaneously and up to 3 months in advance.
                              - Free Parking
                              - 20% off food and merchandise
                              - 50 Free Photopass images
                              - Up to 5 nights a year 20% discount on on site room rates.
                              - 5 Max Passes per visit
                              - 3 Magic Morning/extra magic hours
                              - One Annual member night where park closes early but re-opens for 4 hours for a members only event. This will be divided up amongst members to certain times of the year. ( remember when they used to do this? )

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                I am going to try an be realistic and avoid my first instinct to ask for the moon, I propose this pass which I think is fair and doable, while also solving Disney's "sudden" apparent issues with AP's.

Membership Pass Cost $1000 for the year per person, $1800 per couple or $3500 for a family of four

Includes:
                                - 20 days of reserved admission (All Holidays and last 2 weeks of the year blacked out)
                                - Ability to reserve up to 5 days simultaneously and up to 3 months in advance.
                                - Free Parking
                                - 20% off food and merchandise
                                - 50 Free Photopass images
                                - Up to 5 nights a year 20% discount on on site room rates.
                                - 5 Max Passes per visit
                                - 3 Magic Morning/extra magic hours
                                - One Annual member night where park closes early but re-opens for 4 hours for a members only event. This will be divided up amongst members to certain times of the year. ( remember when they used to do this? )
                                If the 20% applied to Signature Suites, that'd be AMAZING.
                                Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X