Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Resort Passholders Now Known As Legacy Passholders

BREAKING: Disneyland Resort Passholders Now Known As Legacy Passholders; Discounts Will Continue, Other Perks To Be Announced
    https:///2021/01/breaking-disneyland...-be-announced/

Pairs well with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48Fp0-1xAY

It made me wonder if the Legacy APs would be grandfathered in, in some way, when new membership options are announced?

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post
      It made me wonder if the Legacy APs would be grandfathered in, in some way, when new membership options are announced?
      It's that, or putting a bandaid on a pretty severe burn. 😬

Comment

It doesn't mean anything. Being "Legacy Passholders" doesn't change the status of Annual Passports. They're gone. Cancelled. Eliminated. Canned. Off to Yesterdland.
        It's just a new name for the card you have in your wallet. You'll get special merchandise, food, etc. but the card in your wallet will not get you into the parks when they open. It's just a piece of plastic now.
        Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 01-27-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

It's most likely going to be once the aps return, if you had an ap up to the day the parks closed, you'll be grandfathered into your plan. This is something cellphone companies do to try and keep as many customers as possible. This also means that Disney's going to tweak the ap program to make it more appealing to more people (because aps are guaranteed yearly revenue making up over $300 mill a year, where without the ap, that revenue goes down drastically, where Disney would lose $100+ mill a year, and that would also mean less food and merch sales, which are all things Disney relies on to make the parks successful). Disney wants more people on aps so as to get that guaranteed revenue, even if you don't go often, because it means you still payed the price of around 8-10 day tickets, or you're guaranteed to pay monthly, which is far more reliable than sticking to only selling 1-6 day tickets that wont' guarantee enough people will show up each day.

Comment

Looks like "here enjoy spending more money on these items and food"

Which enjoy, as long as they come back with way more limits on AP and even have some days where either not many or NO Ap's can come in without a normal ticket I will be happy. Let us normal folks have a none crowded day to ride the rides and see the shows AP see weekly.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
              Looks like "here enjoy spending more money on these items and food"

Which enjoy, as long as they come back with way more limits on AP and even have some days where either not many or NO Ap's can come in without a normal ticket I will be happy. Let us normal folks have a none crowded day to ride the rides and see the shows AP see weekly.
              An even playing field for everyone. That's why they canned the Annual Passports.

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                It's most likely going to be once the aps return, if you had an ap up to the day the parks closed, you'll be grandfathered into your plan. This is something cellphone companies do to try and keep as many customers as possible. This also means that Disney's going to tweak the ap program to make it more appealing to more people (because aps are guaranteed yearly revenue making up over $300 mill a year, where without the ap, that revenue goes down drastically, where Disney would lose $100+ mill a year, and that would also mean less food and merch sales, which are all things Disney relies on to make the parks successful). Disney wants more people on aps so as to get that guaranteed revenue, even if you don't go often, because it means you still payed the price of around 8-10 day tickets, or you're guaranteed to pay monthly, which is far more reliable than sticking to only selling 1-6 day tickets that wont' guarantee enough people will show up each day.
                Monthly payments are gone. They were the source of all the problems with APs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHappyCM View Post

they'll be back because that's again another source of constant revenue for Disney, and whenever it comes to any decision Disney makes, it's what will bring in more money. Disney wants APs, they want more people on ap's because it means more constant revenue that's a better guarantee. Monthly payments is a great way to get those who can't afford a one time payment where Disney can still have that revenue come in from yet another source and in turn have the potential to get more bodies into the parks regularly that can in turn have a higher probability of selling food and merchandise, because Disney makes more money off food and merch sales than they do off ticket prices (every day the parks run, Disney spends about $12k on park maintenance yet $356k on merch and food while park cleaning makes up $67k). This means that they need to sell less tickets but sell more food and merchandise to make up the costs, which means they need more people, and in turn means as many options as possible to get as many people through the gates each day as possible, and aps make up the majority of bodies.

Comment

they'll be back because that's again another source of constant revenue for Disney, and whenever it comes to any decision Disney makes, it's what will bring in more money. Disney wants APs, they want more people on ap's because it means more constant revenue that's a better guarantee. Monthly payments is a great way to get those who can't afford a one time payment where Disney can still have that revenue come in from yet another source and in turn have the potential to get more bodies into the parks regularly that can in turn have a higher probability of selling food and merchandise, because Disney makes more money off food and merch sales than they do off ticket prices (every day the parks run, Disney spends about $12k on park maintenance yet $356k on merch and food while park cleaning makes up $67k). This means that they need to sell less tickets but sell more food and merchandise to make up the costs, which means they need more people, and in turn means as many options as possible to get as many people through the gates each day as possible, and aps make up the majority of bodies.
                    Everything you're saying is incorrect. Read this for the real reasons why Disney eliminated the AP program...
                    https://www.investopedia.com/disney-...passes-5096843
                    Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 01-28-2021, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I don't think Disney wants the revenue when it's unprofitable. AP's (for the most part) does not buy merchandise, food and lodging on a typical park visit to keep them in the black....Think of how many cast members they need to keep on the clock while they have a park with a majority of passholders not buying things like a regular "tourist" would....I don't think monthly payments will ever comeback and the passholder will be drastically different than in the past.
                      Last edited by Daboltz; 01-28-2021, 07:35 AM.
                      "Raiders Suck"
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

Disney is not going to implement payment plans for a long time. With the shape the economy is in and the many years it will take to recover, the risk of guests defaulting on their payments will just be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Disney is not going to implement payment plans for a long time. With the shape the economy is in and the many years it will take to recover, the risk of guests defaulting on their payments will just be too high.
                          Day one...i agree

But think at some point they will be back and they should not be but Disney can't refuse easy money
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

An even playing field for everyone. That's why they canned the Annual Passports.
                            No it isn't. I wonder if you really are a CM if you think Disney cares about a "level playing field". They care about money. And they want to open, which requires attendance limits.
                            "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

So you want a level playing field for all guests AND no monthly payments for those who can't afford a lump sum. Sounds to me like you're a wealthy tourist who wants special perks for those with money instead of something fair for all. I mean, just be honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post

No it isn't. I wonder if you really are a CM if you think Disney cares about a "level playing field". They care about money. And they want to open, which requires attendance limits.
                                https://www.investopedia.com/disney-...passes-5096843

Comment

Yes, I saw that yesterday. It cites a speculative article from the LA Times, an opinion piece from the OC Register, and something about Disney World (I only read the first two) as its sources while it states the kind of opinions found on any Disney board as facts. I don't think the author of that article knows any more than we do about how much APs spend versus tourists. However, I agree with the obvious statement that if Disney can only have 25% attendance, of course they want the maximum dollar for each entry and that means Disney hotel guests are "preferred", as the "business expert" quoted in the Times article stated.

You are the one who said that passes were done away with to level the playing field. That is not what is being described in that article or the articles it cites.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet View Post
                                    Yes, I saw that yesterday. It cites a speculative article from the LA Times, an opinion piece from the OC Register, and something about Disney World (I only read the first two) as its sources while it states the kind of opinions found on any Disney board as facts. I don't think the author of that article knows any more than we do about how much APs spend versus tourists. However, I agree with the obvious statement that if Disney can only have 25% attendance, of course they want the maximum dollar for each entry and that means Disney hotel guests are "preferred", as the "business expert" quoted in the Times article stated.
                                    You are correct. One of the reasons Disney did away with APs is because of the attendance cap. The whole premise of AP type program is to monetize likely unsold capacity each day as a block (a presale) based on statistical modeling and predictive analysis. APs have bought an option to use some of that capacity, but in reality most don't. That's the bet, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Every day there is unsold capacity, that capacity spoils and has no value. If you can sell a portion of that excess capacity, then you make profit with little added cost. How much of that unsold capacity each day gets used is variable, but priced accordingly (that's if you can plan). Note that every theme park in the world had an AP type program, it wasn't just Disney, because the economics are similar.

All that is out the window with capacity limitations.

Plus Disney has no idea how long the capacity caps will last or if there will be future limitations based on COVID. They can not plan for future crowds like they did in the past, so how can you sell possible access and try and honor your commitments. In short, you can't, thus Disney has dropped the program. 40 years of statistical data essentially irrelevant for planning in the next couple of years.

No one knows when life will return to normal, or what a new "normal" would look like, including Disney.
                                    Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 01-29-2021, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

No one knows when life will return to normal, or what a new "normal" would look like, including Disney.
                                      My Friend....only "normal" Disney knows today , is ""$ $ $ $ $""lol
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I opened up the Disneyland App today out of the blue and noticed that my pass became the "Legacy Passholder Discount B," and it expires on April 30th, 2021. Does everyone else have the same expiration date, or is it different for each person?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X