Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matterhorn fun facts graphic

I got this from Imagineer Eddie Sotto's Twitter page.

Good stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Matterhorn.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	8631525

[QUOTE=Co Foo;n8631524]
    I got this from Imagineer Eddie Sotto's

Good stuff.

​​​​​​​^ ^ ^ ^ ^" THIS IS COOOOOL to SEE "^ ^ ^ ^ ^Matterhorn fun facts graphic
    Thanks
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I still miss the skyway!

Comment

It sure feels like you climb more than 80 feet on the initial lift!
        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

love it...still feel this ride could of been plushed so much more then it has been, but thats just my Personal Imageneer idea's kicking in :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

Good stuff.

I also saw this on Eddie Soto's twitter feed. I wanted to point out that the graphic originally was published by the Orange County Register and has been around for several years.

Just wanted to give credit to the proper source.

Comment

"Reporting by Adam Townsend; graphic by Scott Brown"

Name:	Mattehorn graphic OC Register.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	8631551

Comment

Good stuff.

He also has a Micechat account... if you know who to look for

Comment

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
                  "Reporting by Adam Townsend; graphic by Scott Brown"

Name:	Mattehorn graphic OC Register.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	8631551
                  Sounds like the article may be due for an update! Since then we've seen the paint scheme darkened and the bobsleds lost their "sweetheart" seating design.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

He also has a Micechat account... if you know who to look for
                    I can't quite decide if this is information I'd want or not. What if he's one of the people I've been yelling at for years? Lol.

Comment

I can't quite decide if this is information I'd want or not. What if he's one of the people I've been yelling at for years? Lol.
                      There have been a few moments where I've respected his privacy and bit my tongue. Like one time when fellow Micechatters seemed hell-bent on correcting him about something he was clearly the authority on. I worry sometimes if I've ever been guilty of doing the same.

Comment

a question: was the Matterhorn exterior skin built in such a way that it made assents by the climbers easier? that a pathway was sort of built for an assent...
                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                          a question: was the Matterhorn exterior skin built in such a way that it made assents by the climbers easier? that a pathway was sort of built for an assent...
                          I think I remember reading years ago that there were permanent rope-anchors installed, but I haven't been able to find any authoritative source to confirm it. A couple posts on the SuperTopo Climber's Forum mention it was "sport bolted" (rigged for climbing) and had "holds," but the Daveland article seems to suggest there were none. The former DL climbers mention there being multiple routes to the top.

Daveland: I Climbed the Matterhorn

SuperTopo Climber's Discussion Forum: Disneyland Climbers

LA Times: Weekend Treks Up Disneyland's Matterhorn Keep His Life in Balance

Disney History 101: Former Disneyland Matterhorn Climbers 'Climb the Mountain'

The Enchanted Archives: The Matterhorn
                          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

I know Frank Wells- Climb the Matterhood at Disneyland
                            Love of mountain climbing is honored with exploration equipment emblazoned with the words "Wells Expedition,"
                            (Disney's president and chief operating officer (1984–1994)
                            Sad Wells died in a helicopter crash on Easter 1994 while returning from a ski trip in Nevada's)
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 02-03-2021, 06:48 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Love the Tinker Bell break room. Not sure if it is accurate, but a bed, lamp & table, mini-fridge, and water closet. What more could a guy or gal ask for??

Location location location... I would move in and treat it as my weekend cabin in the mountains.
                              As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                              Guardians Of The Galaxy
                              Mission: Breakout
                              ...is abbreviated like this
                              GOTG M:B
                              The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                              That is all. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by JayRomy View Post
                                Love the Tinker Bell break room. Not sure if it is accurate, but a bed, lamp & table, mini-fridge, and water closet. What more could a guy or gal ask for??

Location location location... I would move in and treat it as my weekend cabin in the mountains.
                                Exactly! Disney should turn Tinker Bell's room into some sort of "fantasy lodging" thing. When she's not flying, that is. Or, if there's space (perhaps not), craft some other cool alpine cabin-ish place. I'm sure lots of people would line up to blow whatever price Disney came up with!

Comment

The drawing doesn't show the elevator that goes through the middle to ground level. I had to walk off the Matterhorn from right after the chain lift and they took us down in that very small elevator. Two guests plus a CM on each trip were all that would fit. I don't remember seeing a big open area at the top where we entered so maybe the elevator doesn't go past 80 feet high, or it makes a few stops at different levels, but there has to be a way not shown on the drawing to get to that upper 67 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post

Exactly! Disney should turn Tinker Bell's room into some sort of "fantasy lodging" thing. When she's not flying, that is. Or, if there's space (perhaps not), craft some other cool alpine cabin-ish place. I'm sure lots of people would line up to blow whatever price Disney came up with!
                                    being in a enclose ,small room , to long
                                    IMO is not for me ( there is no view )
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

I think I remember reading years ago that there were permanent rope-anchors installed, but I haven't been able to find any authoritative source to confirm it. A couple posts on the SuperTopo Climber's Forum mention it was "sport bolted" (rigged for climbing) and had "holds," but the Daveland article seems to suggest there were none. The former DL climbers mention there being multiple routes to the top.

Daveland: I Climbed the Matterhorn

SuperTopo Climber's Discussion Forum: Disneyland Climbers

LA Times: Weekend Treks Up Disneyland's Matterhorn Keep His Life in Balance

Disney History 101: Former Disneyland Matterhorn Climbers 'Climb the Mountain'

The Enchanted Archives: The Matterhorn
                                      Thank you, Mr. Wiggins...just shows there is so much history and background to the Disneyland attractions...
                                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                                        The drawing doesn't show the elevator that goes through the middle to ground level. I had to walk off the Matterhorn from right after the chain lift and they took us down in that very small elevator. Two guests plus a CM on each trip were all that would fit. I don't remember seeing a big open area at the top where we entered so maybe the elevator doesn't go past 80 feet high, or it makes a few stops at different levels, but there has to be a way not shown on the drawing to get to that upper 67 feet.
                                        What?
                                        There’s an elevator in the Matterhorn?
                                        I had no clue.
                                        Any pictures?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X