Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you spend 1 hour in the parks with no guests?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] How would you spend 1 hour in the parks with no guests?

I enjoy thinking about hypothetical questions that require making tradeoffs. With Covid, I’ve been imagining how I could have as much fun as possible under a lot of constraints. That imagination has gone in some weird directions.

Here is the Disney version.

Let’s say that Disney was going to open up for you, for just one hour. There are no other guests allowed, so you have free rein of the parks to do whatever you want.

How do you spend your time?

For me, this question is all about getting the biggest bang for your buck. With such limited time, I have to get as much in as I can.

Even though my favorite ride is Pirates, it is too long and I don't want to spend that much time on any one attraction. That logic basically cancels out Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Rise of the Resistance, the Disneyland Railroad, Jungle Cruise, and the Mark Twain.

I'd probably go to Fantasyland and knock out the four courtyard rides. You can hit all of those in probably 10-15 minutes. I could also hit Space Mountain, Indy, and Big Thunder. Closing out all of those in 30 minutes would be a pretty good haul.

I'd spend the remainder of my time grabbing snacks and exploring. Checking out windows on Main Street is a great way to spend additional time.

Comment

I'd make a TV commercial informing my friends Stan & Kyle of how much fun I was having and informing them that they couldn't come. Sweet!

Comment

Make sure the hour was at night, bring the 5DS R and tripod and take a terabyte or two of DL photos.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

I rather be going during the day ....enjoy the peace......of the park
          and take pictures......and sit relax near the ~River of American~
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would bring my camera and gimbal, and get a steady video of walking through an empty park. No attractions needed, because Disneyland is the best show of all.

Comment

I would want the hour at night as well. I would try to do one attraction per land. I am not sure how possible that is as some on my list are lengthy. I would start in tomorrowland with space mountain, Head to Fantasyland for peter pan (I was in grand debate between this and the Matterhorn but since I never ride Peter Pan because of the wait time vs. ride length I went with Pan) Then to Frontierland for BTMRR, Over to Adventure land for Indy, New Orleans square offers my biggest decision, Pirates or HM. I go with Haunted Mansion tough choice they are my top two rides. Finally I would end my time with Splash Mountain. Or the other option would be to grab a corn dog and just wander the park and take it all in there is nothing like Disneyland at night.
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I have never had the luxury of time in all the years that I’ve visited. We are always trying to take in as much as we can knowing that it may be years before we’re back again. So... I would love taking time to just soak in the ambiance, appreciate the landscaping and wander into the corners that

Comment

I haven't been on Rise yet so I think I'd wind up dedicating my hour to that.
                  "I wish they all could be California Bears!"

Comment

I'd go with the classics. Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn (Tomorrowland side), the five castle dark rides (order: Alice, Toad, Pan, Snow, Pinocchio), then a ride on the King Arthur Carousel on King Richard. If I could start at the Mansion and each attraction had a vehicle waiting then I'm confident I could zip around fast enough to get through all that. The Mansion is the only distant attraction, and Disneyland isn't all that big.

Comment

Id like it to be at night...most likely walk through the park and just enjoy it being quiet. Ride Matterhorn and Splash....and the rest of the time just enjoy the park...and then go to Rise right as they reopen and go on that.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

When I worked there I used to love walking through the park before it opened or at night after it closed.

Comment

I think of
                          One Hour on the "Disneyland Railroad " would be Enjoyable !

ALBOARD
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                            Make sure the hour was at night, bring the 5DS R and tripod and take a terabyte or two of DL photos.
                            Ditto. My time of day would be about 30 min before sunset.
                            “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                            WDW Trips: '81
                            EPCOT Trips: '93
                            Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

I would do ROR, do a lap in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, do a lap in the cab of the railroad.
                              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                You beat me to it.. Back in the late 70's I hauled a big bag of 35mm camera gear to Disneyland and spent most of the day taking pictures. I had a blast just being creative. To do it in an empty park would be epic.
                                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I couldn't do this unless my daughter would be with me...but anyways, I'd walk the back areas, just looking about, then fire up Indy and the Disneyland RR...
                                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

About a super slow Cruise into the Jungle........
                                    on the Jungle Cruise~~~~~<->~~~~~~~~~~~

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Bomb though the entire park and ride queues on my Onewheel electric skateboard!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X