Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeopleMover feature on Walt Disney Family Museum Blog

https://www.waltdisney.org/blog/walt...ys-peoplemover

I love this! Though slightly off-topic, I hope one day soon once things are slightly back to normal I'll be able to visit this museum.

Also hopelessly hope that they'll bring back the PeopleMover. It's unfortunate I never got to experience it at Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
      I love this! Though slightly off-topic, I hope one day soon once things are slightly back to normal I'll be able to visit this museum.

Also hopelessly hope that they'll bring back the PeopleMover. It's unfortunate I never got to experience it at Disneyland.
      The last time I visited, I was there for about four hours. I got to go by myself because I was picking up my family at SFO afterwards, so I could spend as much time as I wanted. They had a great exhibit on the nine old men.

Comment

They really do need to figure out some way to bring back this ride in some capacity. I know the cost and issues with the pillars etc. are huge but really it seems to be the most missed attraction by a mile and the current YA generation I think would be way into it based on many of trends that they are into. Plus Gen-X and older would now appreciate it not only for the nostalgia but also for the relaxation and duration of the ride. I am sure they could mate it to a IP no problem WALLE comes to mind since they seem to only consider Tron for the coaster.

I have often dreamed of a Tomorrowland 2025 where Space Mtn is kept but the rest of the land is refurbed to include a People Mover returning but based out of Buzz, the Rockets back up top using the old ramp from PM, Star Tours retimed to a new ATIS, Autopia turned into E-topia with electric vehicles and sensor based guide rather then the rail, and the Tron Coaster brought into the COP building and heading out over the submarine lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
          They really do need to figure out some way to bring back this ride in some capacity. I know the cost and issues with the pillars etc. are huge but really it seems to be the most missed attraction by a mile and the current YA generation I think would be way into it based on many of trends that they are into. Plus Gen-X and older would now appreciate it not only for the nostalgia but also for the relaxation and duration of the ride.
          I really like the PeopleMover and it's one of the highlights of my infrequent Disney World trips, but I'm not sure it would be such a big deal for the majority of Disneyland guests. I like going on it at WDW because we don't have it in Disneyland, but I doubt it would be a game changer if I had access to it all the time. It's enjoyable and pleasant, but I have my doubts that it would be that big of a draw.

To me, the best reason to do something with the elevated PeopleMover track is that you don't have to take away any other attraction to put it in. Space in Disneyland is at such a premium, they should repurpose it to take advantage of the space they already have.

Comment

PeopleMover
            Fortunate I got to experience it at Disneyland ,as well the one that have in WDW Magic Kingdom......
            I really miss Disneyland-TomorrowLand - PeopleMover
            Thanks Co Foo
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

I really like the PeopleMover and it's one of the highlights of my infrequent Disney World trips, but I'm not sure it would be such a big deal for the majority of Disneyland guests. I like going on it at WDW because we don't have it in Disneyland, but I doubt it would be a game changer if I had access to it all the time. It's enjoyable and pleasant, but I have my doubts that it would be that big of a draw.

To me, the best reason to do something with the elevated PeopleMover track is that you don't have to take away any other attraction to put it in. Space in Disneyland is at such a premium, they should repurpose it to take advantage of the space they already have.
              Only because people can't sit and take in things these days. You HAVE to be staring at your phone or entertained continuously. One cannot just sit, look, breathe, and take in your surroundings and appreciate them. UGH.
              Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X