Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Does anything like this exist?

There's a Youtuber called MetaBallStudios who does 3-D models of different things and then puts them together into videos to show off their relative sizes. Categories they have covered include things like fictional vehicles of land, water, air, and space, fictional buildings, real-world lakes and rivers, asteroids, even abstract things like population growth and plastic production--really anything you can think of that varies widely in size and looks dramatic when turned into a visual scale model.

So what I'm suddenly wondering is...has anyone done this with Disneyland stuff? How cool would it be to see a bunch of ride vehicles from around park the side-by-side, or compare the heights of the mountains directly, or see the lengths of ride tracks stretched out in linear form? I'd do it myself if I had the 3D modeling chops, but alas.
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Hm... while I wasn't able to find anything specific to comparing sizes, I did find Disneyland 3D models available for purchase.

If you don't model, but enjoy scouting through Maya, I think this would be a great place to start if you're itching to mess around and compare sizes.

Here's another site that's interesting to look at (though unfortunately I don't believe he sells his 3D files).
    http://modelingdisney.com/

More resources for those who like playing with SketchUp files (.skp file type + free program):

California Adventure by jjasper123
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection/5005dc0ebc1e9d52c3b3e623d8b00ecb/California-Adventure

Main Street USA by Koen J.
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...ess-Disneyland

You can find more in the 3D Warehouse search!
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Comment

Thanks, Ttgal4 ! It's a start!

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
          Thanks, Ttgal4 ! It's a start!
          I think I’ve seen a similar thing with the mountains, but I couldn’t find it.

Comment

I'm just giddy with wishing for a MetaBallStudios style video showing the sizes of everything in Disneyland from a small soda cup up to the Matterhorn itself.

Comment

could MetaBallStudios make a distance measure of how far a Disneyland ride vehicle has traveled...for instance, a Jungle Cruise boat, an idealized model, measuring how long one loop around would be multiplied by how many trips per day then per year, then how many times it would circle the Earth or far out in outer space it has traveled...just for knowledge's sake...
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X