Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new or refurbed attraction do you go on first?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smitty
    replied
    I'm interested in the new rides like Mickey's runaway railroad and the Spiderman. Sometimes you find something you like and it's a shame when the recipe is changed.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    What is new with Sleeping Beauty? I haven't read any stories about it getting a refurb.
    That was a miss type on my part, I had meant to say Snow White I have since updated the original post.

Leave a comment:

• Blurr
    Fastest Bot in the Galaxy

• Blurr
    replied
    Assuming everything OP had listed was open at once and I had to pick one: Princess and the Frog. I'd be dying to see what they did with Splash and if it was generally successful. After scoring a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post

My bad I accidentally wrote Sleeping Beauty, I had meant Snow White and have since updated.
    Well
    In January 2019, renovations on Sleeping Beauty Castle was being done....
    Many has not seen it since........

Anyway no big deal...........now Sleeping Beauty and Snow White ,had a makeover

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    I don't see it on the list, but I'm actually really intrigued to see what Disney has done with Snow White's "Enchanted Wish"
    My bad I accidentally wrote Sleeping Beauty, I had meant Snow White and have since updated.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    The NEW Technology and Effects- should be interesting
    on the Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
    !
    But IMO -I do not like the looks of the concept of the new characters,
    But, I would like to check out Technology and Effects of this attraction.
    also Toon Town needs something New in that area !

Leave a comment:

• greenalfonzo
    MiceChatter

• greenalfonzo
    replied
    What is new with Sleeping Beauty? I haven't read any stories about it getting a refurb.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    Haunted Mansion - hopefully the original and not the Jack Skellington overlay
    I AGREE......Overlay IMO has gotten old.........

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    Disneyland Dreamer

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post

you are missing out on some nice, often pleasingly spacious, fun and atmosphere..

I'm interested to see what they've done with Snow White. The previous version had a great entry queue, with the Queen's dungeon, but shortly after the attraction begins, you stop following Snow White, and start following Queen, instead. And the most shocking part was, when you get to the Dwarf cottage, you opened the door, and the Queen had taken up residence there instead of Snow White.

It was a mess.

I agree. BVS is simply AMAZING. SOOOO well done. I need to finish my TR on the DCA tour I took because it was EXTREMELY thoughtful how they did it.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    Fox so cunning and free!

• Zorro
    replied
    Haunted Mansion - hopefully the original and not the Jack Skellington overlay

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    MiceChatter

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ChipmunkCheeks View Post
    I have never been to DCA other than the recent Buena Vista Street shopping expansion.
    you are missing out on some nice, often pleasingly spacious, fun and engaging atmospheres.

I'm interested to see what they've done with Snow White. The previous version had a great entry queue, with the Queen's dungeon. But, shortly after the attraction begins, you stop following Snow White and start following Queen, instead. And the most shocking part was, when you got to the Dwarf cottage, you opened the door, and the Queen had taken up residence there instead of Snow White.

It was a mess.

The Real McDuck
    MiceChatter
    Last edited by The Real McDuck; 02-13-2021, 11:00 AM. Reason: Word corrections

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    I agree. Ever since Marty Sklar took the helm of WDI, he'd placed their emphasis on a complete narrative throughline, and unfortunately Snow White never met that standard. The fait accompli leaves me curious to see if they pulled off that same feeling you describe while satisfying their story concerns, or spoon-feed us exactly what happens in the movie word for word....
    By way of historical side note, the philosophy that Park rides must force-feed the audience a story thruline became de rigueur under Eisner, when non-creative EVPs, VPs and executive wannabes jumped on the fad of taking screenwriting courses. The result was a corporate hierarchy of non-creative executives who gave the company's creatives massive quantities of notes on their creative work. It had an especially negative effect on animation and imagineering.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Jungle Cruise is first on my list

But would like to check out

~Snow White's Enchanted Wish~

Leave a comment:

• Mom kissed Walt

• Mom kissed Walt
    replied
    Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
    In order of preference:

1) Rise of the Resistance
    2) Mickey's Runaway Railway
    3) Princess and the Frog Splash Mountain
    4) New Sleeping Beauty Castle
    5) Snow White's Enchanted Wish
    6) New Jungle Cruise
    7) Spider-Man Web Slinger

I'm just not very intrigued by another "shoot things while riding in a vehicle" concept.
    This to a tee.

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    Happily Ridiculous

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Originally posted by Karalora View Post

I would make the case that it never needed to. The traditional dark rides don't follow a narrative in the usual sense, being more about atmosphere and impressionism. Even the name, "Snow White's Scary Adventures," doesn't line up with the ride, which includes material Snow White never experiences in the movie. It progresses naturally from cheerful scenes to mysterious ones to frights and jump-scares, leading up to a violent climax. The only issue is that the designers felt the need to then ham-handedly assure as that there was a happy ending (as if we couldn't infer that from the fact that it closed with the scary evil witch dying in a lightning strike).
    I agree. Ever since Marty Sklar took the helm of WDI, he'd placed their emphasis on a complete narrative throughline, and unfortunately Snow White never met that standard. The fait accompli leaves me curious to see if they pulled off that same feeling you describe while satisfying their story concerns, or spoon-feed us exactly what happens in the movie word for word.

The only reason this is my preferred first go compared to all the others is that (1) I've been on RotR, (2) I'm certain Disneyland will be open before they finish Runaway Railway and maybe even start the Princess and the Frog retheme, and (3) I've already ridden Midway Mania so I don't think I need to be first in line for Spiderman. Jungle Cruise, if it's finished, can be second.

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    Bayou Native

• bayouguy
    replied
    Runaway Railway...because it's a new attraction...and the refurb Snow White...to see how it now is...

Leave a comment:

• ChipmunkCheeks
    Chipmunk

• ChipmunkCheeks
    replied
    I'm most excited for Runaway Railway. I've watched ride through videos of the one at WDW and it looks so cute and fun like you're really in a cartoon.
    ROTR is my second place pick, though it was already open prior to the park closure.

I'm least interested in the Spider-man ride because I don't really like the Marvel stuff and to date I have never been to DCA other than the recent Buena Vista Street shopping expansion.

Leave a comment:

• Chief Leaky War Canoe
    MiceChatter

• Chief Leaky War Canoe
    replied
    For me it is DLRR, and then maybe Mark Twain Steamboat.

Leave a comment:

• JLee1226
    MiceChatter

• JLee1226
    replied
    Hmm, well, even though I think it's the least likely to actually be done when the park re-opens, it's Splash Mountain for me. I can't wait to see what the new overlay looks like. And then straight over to Rise of the Resistance.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    For me -It will be the New refresh ~Jungle Cruise~
    This one attraction , I believe will still be Enjoy !IMO
    Time will tell

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...