Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Ticketed Event $75

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News DCA Ticketed Event $75

    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...2wo0218210019A

  • #2
    Cannot say I see this as an “event”, but I guess it’s just not for me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Would it be wrong to say that I think $45 would be reasonable to get in for a reservation at Lamplight Lounge, a meal that usually has a high bill...?

      I didn't expect a low price coming from Disney, but... 😅 It's getting close to the price of a park ticket. Maybe others feel differently.


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
        Cannot say I see this as an “event”, but I guess it’s just not for me.
        Ditto...I mean we all miss being at the parks and all but this just seems like a big waste of time and money :-)
        Whats next...a ticketed event to see how many people can spot the most cats in the park?!

        Comment


        • #5
          The $75 includes parking ($10-15 value) and a $25 credit for dining. So the cost for entrance to the park is $35-40.

          That's more than I'd be willing to pay, but maybe not crazy.

          I could possibly be tempted to do it at Disneyland, but probably not DCA.

          Comment


          • #6
            At least the 75 dollars does include a 25 dollar card to the booths. I still think 50 dollars would be a good price point if it included the card as well. paying 3/4 of the regular park ticket for a few food booths seems very high.
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
              The $75 includes parking ($10-15 value) and a $25 credit for dining. So the cost for entrance to the park is $35-40.

              That's more than I'd be willing to pay, but maybe not crazy.

              I could possibly be tempted to do it at Disneyland, but probably not DCA.
              True, and I'm sure in Disney's mind they're letting you park at Mickey and Friends, which is $25, so that brings admission and all other non-food opportunities to $25. Whether that's worth it remains to be seen, so I'll wait and see exactly what the offerings look like to make the determination of whether it's worth my time. I certainly don't view it as unsafe anymore.

              Frankly, I think this is just them testing the waters for pent-up demand. I can't see most APs going to this more than once, or maybe twice if you're a blogger.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

                True, and I'm sure in Disney's mind they're letting you park at Mickey and Friends, which is $25, so that brings admission and all other non-food opportunities to $25. Whether that's worth it remains to be seen, so I'll wait and see exactly what the offerings look like to make the determination of whether it's worth my time. I certainly don't view it as unsafe anymore.
                I'm now realizing that it's been a long time since I've paid for parking at the resort. Wow.

                The trick is that if were to bring my family, then we'd all be in one car and wouldn't be able to discount the $25 for parking per person. My personal admission would be $25, but for my wife and kids would be $50 each.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It seems really steep for a food festival. I especially don't like that they're only offering a $25 gift card instead of vouchers/tabs like before, because the price point of each "snack-sized" sampler will greatly affect how much food you actually get out of it. If each item is $7-8, you're only getting 3 samples. And there's probably tax on top of that, so it could be less.

                  And for the rest of the non-food value (characters, photo ops, shopping opportunities[!]): Knott's incorporated it into the ticket/food cost, so it seems weird that you can see the definitive cost of that entertainment.

                  Whether it's a value to people will probably vary, and I'm sure they will still sell out. Not sure if it's for me either.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The initial onsale will have only 15 dates available. It will probably be extended, but I imagine those first 3 weekends will sell out within hours, if not minutes. Will depend upon how many tickets are actually available.

                    The 18th will sell out right away, then all the Saturdays, followed by Sundays & Fridays. The Mondays & Thursdays might take longer, but those too will also sell out. Then they may just wait until after the 1st weekend word of mouth gets around, before adding weekends in April.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vroomichael View Post
                      It seems really steep for a food festival. I especially don't like that they're only offering a $25 gift card instead of vouchers/tabs like before, because the price point of each "snack-sized" sampler will greatly affect how much food you actually get out of it. If each item is $7-8, you're only getting 3 samples. And there's probably tax on top of that, so it could be less.
                      The upcoming Knott's Taste of Boysenberry (March to May) is $45 for 5 "tastes." So, yeah, it's easier to at least estimate what you're getting.

                      And I think $75 (of which only $25 is food) is steep simply since being in DCA only feels marginally different than Downtown Disney to me, and that's strictly due to the rides.

                      If any amusement park around here could stand on its own as a "park" without its rides it would be Disneyland, so it's odd that it's not there. Still not sure that park-like experience would be worth $50 extra, though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                        The $75 includes parking ($10-15 value) and a $25 credit for dining. So the cost for entrance to the park is $35-40.

                        That's more than I'd be willing to pay, but maybe not crazy.

                        I could possibly be tempted to do it at Disneyland, but probably not DCA.
                        I know I'm a very very small exception, but I never park on Disney property. I prefer their bus service, which is far cheaper, and their schedules are very reasonable. I think parking could have been optional, thus bringing the admission down to $50... which is a nicer number on the eyes.

                        Again, maybe a lot of us aren't the types to slap money down for an event like this. I have no doubts many Disney bloggers will fill the demand, in which case, good for Disney and good for their employees.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

                          I'm now realizing that it's been a long time since I've paid for parking at the resort. Wow.

                          The trick is that if were to bring my family, then we'd all be in one car and wouldn't be able to discount the $25 for parking per person. My personal admission would be $25, but for my wife and kids would be $50 each.
                          Yeah, that's why I think Disney is targeting an older, less-likely-to-bring-kids-without-rides crowd here. Without full cars, they probably think they can get away by netting $25 per guest in their accounting books. Otherwise parking should have absolutely been a discounted add-on or something like that.

                          Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

                          The upcoming Knott's Taste of Boysenberry (March to May) is $45 for 5 "tastes." So, yeah, it's easier to at least estimate what you're getting.

                          And I think $75 (of which only $25 is food) is steep simply since being in DCA only feels marginally different than Downtown Disney to me, and that's strictly due to the rides.

                          If any amusement park around here could stand on its own as a "park" without its rides it would be Disneyland, so it's odd that it's not there. Still not sure that park-like experience would be worth $50 extra, though.
                          Your post made me think of something that I haven't seen reported anywhere. The parks shut down right in the middle of DCA's food and wine festival. They could attempt to coax "Legacy" passholders back to the parks by making the food vouchers transferrable at a Touch of Disney. That might leave just enough of an inkling for APs to go twice instead of once, but I wonder how many people have actually saved those things for a year and intend to use them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Disney's announcement should win an award for Most Repetition of the Word "Experience" in a Theme Park Promotion.
                            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                            designed to appeal to everyone."

                            - Walt Disney

                            "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                            - Michael Eisner

                            "It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

                              I'm now realizing that it's been a long time since I've paid for parking at the resort. Wow.

                              The trick is that if were to bring my family, then we'd all be in one car and wouldn't be able to discount the $25 for parking per person. My personal admission would be $25, but for my wife and kids would be $50 each.
                              Save some money. Leave your wife and kids at home and have your girlfriend meet you there instead.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                Frankly, I think this is just them testing the waters for pent-up demand. I can't see most APs going to this more than once, or maybe twice if you're a blogger.
                                I wonder how having let people into DCA, even just Buena Vista St., for free before the event will affect attendance. And are people really clamoring to see Ornament Valley -- repeatedly? Or the nozzles for World of Color?

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  I feel the worth is not there.......for this event -IMO

                                  Rather enjoy Knott's Boysenberry Food Taste event.....
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    It's at least nice, they are having characters in the park again. Though I do wonder, if they learned their mistakes of not needing live music performers.

                                    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                    Your post made me think of something that I haven't seen reported anywhere. The parks shut down right in the middle of DCA's food and wine festival. They could attempt to coax "Legacy" passholders back to the parks by making the food vouchers transferrable at a Touch of Disney. That might leave just enough of an inkling for APs to go twice instead of once, but I wonder how many people have actually saved those things for a year and intend to use them.
                                    They are already offering refunds for the unused vouchers, so there's isn't much of a necessity to make them transferable.

                                    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                                    Disney's announcement should win an award for Most Repetition of the Word "Experience" in a Theme Park Promotion.
                                    Did you forget that the official title for this division, is 'Disney Parks, Experiences and Products'?


                                    Granted I noticed the word, at least 9 times.

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      IMO - Disney Parks, Experiences ,got lost in the $MONEY$$
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X