Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News California To Allow Reopening Of Disneyland on April 1st

https://deadline.com/2021/03/california-reopen-theme-parks-disneyland-stadiums-1234708201/

California
    health officials announced on Friday that the state will allow reopening of outdoor stadiums, ball parks and theme parks beginning April 1st.

The Department of Health says events and venues are for California residents only.

Live performances/sports with fans can begin in all tiers of the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Theme parks open in Red tier, which for Los Angeles, could be as soon as mid April. L.A. County is expected to enter the red tier next Tuesday, and needs to stay there for three consecutive weeks to qualify.

When the counties reach the red tier, theme parks can open at 15% of overall capacity. When they advance to the orange tier, capacity will be increased to 25%. In the least-restrictive yellow tier, a capacity of 35% will be allowed.

(Released at 3:10PM) Statement from Ken Potrock, President of Disneyland Resort: "We are encouraged that theme parks now have a path towards reopening this spring, getting thousands of people back to work and greatly helping neighboring businesses and our entire community. With responsible Disney safety protools already implemented around the world, we can't wait to welcome our guests back and look forward to sharing an opening date soon."

Micehat's article on the matter with a breakdown on the most recent Blueprint updates: https://www.micechat.com/284100-brea...lans-revealed/
    • No indoor dining
    • Limits on indoor rides
    • Theme parks should only be accepting visitors from inside the state of California
    Also... reminder to keep conversation civil and be kind to one another!
    Last edited by Captain Andy; 03-05-2021, 02:39 PM.

So is Taste of Disney going to be cancelled?

Comment

This is great news! Also, I expect the vaccine distribution will start to really ramp up exponentially in the next few months, and hopefully we can start to see that light from the other side of the tunnel.

This has gone on way too long at this point, and it's good that things are starting to improve. WDW has shown that they can open in a safe and responsible way.

Comment

I would be shocked if they opened on April 1st at 15% capacity. I bet they lose money staffing all areas with so few guests....

The Disneyland statement was rather vague too......

Comment

15% capacity is chump change. They're better off opening the parks to shopping and dining only because they could get more people through the gates. Even in the yellow tier, it's only 35%. That whole tier system needs to be canned.
          Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 03-05-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
            So is Taste of Disney going to be cancelled?
            Originally posted by Captain Quantum View Post
            I would be shocked if they opened on April 1st at 15% capacity. I bet they lose money staffing all areas with so few guests....

As the thread on retraining CM has pointed out, Disney may have to retrain all ride CMs due to OSHA rules. Add in the time to prepare for reopening procedures, I don't think it will reopen on April 1st, but shortly after.

Taste of Disney can still happen while the parks prepare to reopen.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Quantum View Post

Would they lose money if they charged $300 a person?
              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

No, and it's about time to prepare for some major sticker shock on new admission fees!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                  I believe it still happen !
                  it is still money in Disney pocket.......IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

As the thread on retraining CM has pointed out, Disney may have to retrain all ride CMs due to OSHA rules. Add in the time to prepare for reopening procedures, I don't think it will reopen on April 1st, but shortly after.

Won't lie, my brain keeps telling me it's the beginning of February, so the idea of April being around the corner is still quite jarring! That aside, this makes perfect sense.

Comment

$20 says outdoor rides are gonna be REALLY popular. Expect very long lines for:

* Disneyland Railroad
                      * Autopia
                      * Jungle Cruise
                      * Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                      * Anything on the Rivers of America
                      * Matterhorn
                      * Astro Orbiter
                      * Dumbo
                      * Mad Tea Party
                      * Casey Jr.
                      * Gadget's Go-Coaster
                      * King Arthur's Carousel
                      * Pixar Pal-A-Round
                      * Jumpin' Jellyfish
                      * Golden Zephyr
                      * Silly Symphony Swings
                      * Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind
                      * Incredicoaster
                      * Jessie's Critter Carousel
                      * Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
                      * Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
                      * Grizzly River Run
                      Disney visits over the years:
                      • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
                      • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
                      • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
                      • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
                      • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
                      • Disneyland, August 2007
                      • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
                      • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
                      • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
                      • Disneyland, June 2013
                      • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
                      • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
                      • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
                      • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

I hope it opens for you guys! Good luck! Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post

* Disneyland Railroad
                          * Autopia
                          * Jungle Cruise
                          * Matterhorn
                          * Astro Orbiter
                          * Dumbo
                          * Mad Tea Party
                          * Casey Jr.
                          * Gadget's Go-Coaster
                          * King Arthur's Carousel
                          * Pixar Pal-A-Round
                          * Jumpin' Jellyfish
                          * Golden Zephyr
                          * Silly Symphony Swings
                          * Incredicoaster
                          * Grizzly River Run
                          I believe the announcement stated capacity is limited to 15%. Say the park can hold 40,000, the ruling would limit it to 6,000 at any given time (I didn't check the actual capacity numbers, just giving an example).

Comment

I’m curious how subjective “capacity” is. I’ve read that Disneyland capacity is somewhere around 85,000 people or so, but is that really the capacity or just where it gets uncomfortable for people? Could they argue that their capacity is really 200,000 people and therefore open with 30,000 people per day?

ive seen relatively small stores with a 450 person capacity sign.

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

That might work. I think people would freak out if they did that as only the very well off would pay. But you're right, my statement was based on the original pass prices. Charge more and who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by BNSF1995 View Post

* Disneyland Railroad
                                * Autopia
                                * Jungle Cruise
                                * Matterhorn
                                * Astro Orbiter
                                * Dumbo
                                * Mad Tea Party
                                * Casey Jr.
                                * Gadget's Go-Coaster
                                * King Arthur's Carousel
                                * Pixar Pal-A-Round
                                * Jumpin' Jellyfish
                                * Golden Zephyr
                                * Silly Symphony Swings
                                * Incredicoaster
                                * Grizzly River Run
                                And add to the List:
                                Main Street Vehicles
                                Red Car Trolley
                                Tom Sawyer Island
                                Goofys Sky School
                                Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
                                Storybook Canal Boats
                                Radiator Springs Racers
                                Tarzan's Treehouse

Maybe
                                Splash Mountain
                                Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey114 View Post
                                  I’m curious how subjective “capacity” is. I’ve read that Disneyland capacity is somewhere around 85,000 people or so, but is that really the capacity or just where it gets uncomfortable for people? Could they argue that their capacity is really 200,000 people and therefore open with 30,000 people per day?

I understand what you are saying, but for Disney to say their capacity 200,000 would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey114 View Post

I believe that capacity is set by the Orange County Chief Fire Marshal. It's definitely NOT set by DL itself.
                                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

This volte-face really surprised me! I'm glad, but I'm not rushing anywhere until I get the 'lay of the land'. Restrictions on indoor rides could mean putting up plexiglass on vehicles with more than one row, allowing only 'single groups' in a vehicle, sending through empty vehicles to create space between ride parties, and frequent disinfecting (I think they're doing all those at WDW). Or it could mean 'NO!'.

As far as an opening date, I don't see DL opening until they can have 25% capacity.

I was a bit surprised by the 'California Residents Only', but then I figured that it's because we've all pretty much been living under the same restrictions and DL would have access to all California's data to monitor safety. 'Out of Staters' would be an 'unknown' as far as their exposure risk to others. And there are too many states with differing rules for DL to keep track of all of them.
                                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

'California Residents Only'....this is surprising to me too..................
                                        and this is for all Theme Parks in California......
                                        I do have agree with a upper post = there are too many states with differing rules
                                        IMO
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X