Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Reopens April 30

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...1210317210037C

Just saw this on the news. I'm super happy but not making any plans right away. Plus, we'll be at WDW when DL reopens.

I'll wait until the dust settles, especially until they announce how they're handling the 'indoor' rides. The blog indicates they'll be operating*, but no word as to what accommodations to Covid will look like. I'm still looking at Fall, personally, unless all the stars align regarding lines/wait times and (lack of) crowds for an earlier date.

*"Get ready to once again experience favorite attractions at both parks, from thrilling adventures like the new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and the Incredicoaster to family-friendly experiences like Peter Pan’s Flight and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. New magic will be unveiled, too, as the reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish opens to guests for the very first time."
    Last edited by Stormy; 03-17-2021, 08:13 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

This piece of news makes my day. However, there will be a mad dash for park passes. That's where the excitement really begins.

Comment

I wonder how the reservation process will work to obtain tickets. App? Website?

Obviously, nobody knows, but I am already anticipating grabbing my passes for opening day.

Comment

Glad to hear this. Curious to see what the new normal will be at the park .
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Just curious...Is the Toy Story lot still serving as a mass vaccination site? If so, will it remain open once the parks are open on April 30? I would assume that Disney would have plenty of capacity in the M&F structure and the new one (can't remember the theme of that one) so they wouldn't need the extra parking in the Toy Story lot, at least until park capacity can be increased.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappyland View Post
              I wonder how the reservation process will work to obtain tickets. App? Website?

Obviously, nobody knows, but I am already anticipating grabbing my passes for opening day.
              Also, we'll have to wait and see how park hopping works, or if it's even allowed. I think I'm going to wait. It sounds like the only "new" thing will be "Snow White's Enchanted Wish", so I'll wait for Avengers Campus. Also, the last time I visited a Disney park with anything other than an AP would have been back in the 90s. I'll wait for whatever "membership" offering they present.

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

It sounds like the only "new" thing will be "Snow White's Enchanted Wish", so I'll wait for Avengers Campus.
                The D23 article also mentioned "new magic" coming to the Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post

intriguing and frightening at the same time.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I think the question most of us are waiting for is when the new Membership options will be available. I know I am.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post

Eddie Murphy animatronics confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Gibson View Post
                        Just curious...Is the Toy Story lot still serving as a mass vaccination site? If so, will it remain open once the parks are open on April 30? I would assume that Disney would have plenty of capacity in the M&F structure and the new one (can't remember the theme of that one) so they wouldn't need the extra parking in the Toy Story lot, at least until park capacity can be increased.
                        They won't use Toy Story because it's too far a walk. You see, busses won't be running. So parking will be at Mickey and Friends BUT guests will walk the tram route to the parks. The tram route is already set up with benches, trash cans, sanitizing stations, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
                          I think the question most of us are waiting for is when the new Membership options will be available. I know I am.
                          They will not be needing any sort of membership program for quite some time. Reservations will run out quickly with the limited capacity Disney has to abide by. Even if Orange County enters the yellow tier, capacity will only be 35%. There will be no need for local passholders for revenue. And if Touch of Disney is any indication, they'll be making plenty of money with ticket sales.

Comment

Disney can get there money easy, with One-Day/One Park concept of high Admission.......
                            for long time .....IMO
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 03-17-2021, 05:32 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHappyCM View Post

They will not be needing any sort of membership program for quite some time. Reservations will run out quickly with the limited capacity Disney has to abide by. Even if Orange County enters the yellow tier, capacity will only be 35%. There will be no need for local passholders for revenue. And if Touch of Disney is any indication, they'll be making plenty of money with ticket sales.
                              How do you know? Filling both parks at 35% 7 days a week will require quite a few more people than the number coming in for a food festival in just one park that's only happening 5 days a week. Also, again, you can't determine what's going to happen a year from now just based on what happened over the last few weeks. And why are they promising to extend our "Legacy Passholder" discount "until new membership offerings are announced"? They clearly don't want us to stray to far from the fold, so to speak.
                              Why not offer another type of AP, but with the caveat that what you're paying for is access to a reservation system, through which you might get into the parks. I mean, before, you kept claiming that there were a million APs. The average daily attendance for both parks in 2019 was far less than 100,000. Which means that every day, over 900,000 passholders were not in the parks. But the company still had their money, was getting monthly payments from roughly one in thirty of those people, and renewals from roughly 1 in 365.
                              I think passholders represented a bigger revenue stream than you thought, and you can't really see how big it was just by watching passholders in the park and observing how often they go in to shops and restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

How do you know? Filling both parks at 35% 7 days a week will require quite a few more people than the number coming in for a food festival in just one park that's only happening 5 days a week. Also, again, you can't determine what's going to happen a year from now just based on what happened over the last few weeks. And why are they promising to extend our "Legacy Passholder" discount "until new membership offerings are announced"? They clearly don't want us to stray to far from the fold, so to speak.
                                Why not offer another type of AP, but with the caveat that what you're paying for is access to a reservation system, through which you might get into the parks. I mean, before, you kept claiming that there were a million APs. The average daily attendance for both parks in 2019 was far less than 100,000. Which means that every day, over 900,000 passholders were not in the parks. But the company still had their money, was getting monthly payments from roughly one in thirty of those people, and renewals from roughly 1 in 365.
                                I think passholders represented a bigger revenue stream than you thought, and you can't really see how big it was just by watching passholders in the park and observing how often they go in to shops and restaurants.
                                https://www.investopedia.com/disney-...passes-5096843

Comment

Decades of passholders proves otherwise. The repeated linking does as much a bolding your own text. Nothing.

Comment

Moving away from sock puppets, does anyone know why Snow White will open when it is an indoor attraction?

Comment

Can't wait!! It has been way too long out here!! With the safety protocols in place, I'm sure Disneyland will be one of the safest places to be!! I hear they do deep cleaning of the attractions in Disney World every 30 minutes. I really hope this marks the lonest they will ever be closed, and if they ever half to close again, it goes back to being a one-day event-hopefully NOT a year-long again.

**FOR THOSE OF YOU READING IN 2121, please, be careful, and I hope the technology is good enough where the word "pandemic" is never brought up once!!**
                                      2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
                                      Soarin' Over California
                                      Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
                                      Radiator Springs Racers
                                      Grizzly River Run
                                      California Screamin'
                                      Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
                                      Grizzly River Run
                                      Radiator Springs Racers
                                      Incredicoaster

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                                        ...does anyone know why Snow White will open when it is an indoor attraction?
                                        1. By the time Disneyland reopens, OC is predicted to move into the Orange Tier, where some indoor rides are allowed.

2. The ride works with additional measures. The ride is only about 5 minutes long, which could fit the "time parameters" for the Orange tier. Also, the loading zone already has open air windows.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X