Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Screaming Allowed on Roller Coasters

"Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott’s Berry Farm and Disneyland may need to add new warning signs at the entrances to their roller coasters and thrill rides when the California theme parks finally reopen: No screaming."

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/1...on-recommends/

California smh...

Or just require that they keep masks on that will trap any water droplets produced during the scream.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
      Or just require that they keep masks on that will trap any water droplets produced during the scream.
      This is in addition to wearing a mask. I would not be surprised if this measure unsurprisingly fails and Roller Coasters are forced to shutdown.

Comment

Good thing they don't still have Superstar Limo!

Comment

This should be interesting

Comment

I'm tempted to share all my Disney photos where I appear on the Incredicoaster / Splash Mountain hill, looking straight at the camera dead-faced with sunglasses, but I'll refrain.

Comment

Please scream inside your heart.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/reopene...ng-11594222278

Comment

No "Screaming " .....then No Coasters .........
                Going be very interesting.....
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Read carefully. From the article:

CAPA proposes that California theme parks can “mitigate the effects of shouting” through the use of mandatory face coverings and modified seat loading patterns on amusement park rides.

“California’s amusement parks are excited to responsibly reopen under the recently released state guidance,” CAPA executive director Erin Guerrero said in a statement. “These guidelines do not require parks to prohibit screaming.”
                  CAPA said that masks will mitigate screaming's negative effects, with screaming only minimized if there are no masks. And CAPA actually has no regulatory authority whatsoever, so even if they did recommend it, the requirement itself would be toothless.

But the headline "don't scream if you break the rules and don't wear a mask," doesn't sell clicks. So once one outlet ran with it, all the others did. This is such grave misinformation and poor reporting by the media.

Comment

Only thing I know.........
                    "Coasters" and "Screaming " goes hand to hand........
                    IMO
                    like I said it going get interesting............
                    Knott's and Six Flags have mostly Scream rides!
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

CAPA said that masks will mitigate screaming's negative effects, with screaming only minimized if there are no masks. And CAPA actually has no regulatory authority whatsoever, so even if they did recommend it, the requirement itself would be toothless.

But the headline "don't scream if you break the rules and don't wear a mask," doesn't sell clicks. So once one outlet ran with it, all the others did. This is such grave misinformation and poor reporting by the media.
                      This is the kind of reporting that I'd expect from some random blog. Not one of the major papers in the area.

Comment

Bingo. Of course, actually reading the entire article wouldn't give the kneejerk CA-bashers and guv'mint-haters a reason to get their panties in a bunch.

Originally posted by Sun Bonnet
                        Maybe Texas is more your speed?
                        Another bingo.
                        Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-17-2021, 05:25 PM.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Not going find me soon, at any theme parks....
                          There more to see, and do in California to minimized risk ......imo
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Basically people jumped the gun and this article is clickbait
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I read my NEWS
                              I do have say...there has been a lot....."Catch on Title's"
                              to get one "Attention"......... many not even worth /waste of click

*Also......one needs be careful ,what you click on as well !
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

This is in addition to wearing a mask. I would not be surprised if this measure unsurprisingly fails and Roller Coasters are forced to shutdown.
                                I realize this, I was pointing out the fact that the restrictions continually do not make sense. I am a major proponent of keeping us all safe, I wear a mask all day as a teacher and so do my students we sanitize everything but the powers that be still make head scratching policy like this. For instance I am a football coach as well as a teacher I can work with my players in school during class time but if I hold a practice before or after school with the same athletes we all have to be tested. Head scratching policy.
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Literally and factually impossible.
                                  My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

The one thing that baffles me most is all the plexiglass barriers. I've taken a fair amount of chemistry and physics to know how air/molecules flow and it doesn't always make sense to me. For cashiers, totally - it prevents me breathing directly towards you when I am basically in your personal space.

In lines though? Without knowing the AC/ventilation systems for each specific ride, I feel like it actually restricts airflow from circulating. I imagine if you and I are in an artificially created tunnel (thanks to plexiglass barriers) and you step forward to the next 6 foot marker, I step up behind you and am now directly engulfed in your former "airspace". Without investigating further, I feel like that has to be an equal or greater risk than co-mingling airspace with the person in the switchback alongside me.

Comment

Thx for posting this. I couldn't research at this very moment. So this is much appreciated.

...otherwise I was just going to call out an Onion style article.
                                      As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                                      Guardians Of The Galaxy
                                      Mission: Breakout
                                      ...is abbreviated like this
                                      GOTG M:B
                                      The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                                      That is all. 😉

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X