X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcruise86
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Third option: Put Depp and Murphy in WDW, and leave our HM and Pirates alone.
    OR since the Studios park at Disneyland Paris is the only truly bad Disney park (in my opinion, of course),
    put both characters in a new & mostly unimproved Superstar Limo in that park.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    I am big Eddie Murphy Fan and really enjoy his movies The HM movie was not the greatest but it was entertaining enough not to walk out. We have the HM board game which is based on the Movie but I think adding him would be too jarring. Jack is not something I look forward to on POTC but it is something that not take me out of the rides Depp's Jack Sparrow is more Sparrow than Depp. I voted leave Jack in PTC to keep Eddie out of HM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

Lol. That is probably the most damning statement of the movie.
    "Do you know , what they charge - to see a disney Movie""
    And all I did is sit there ,eating butter popcorn and drinking coke-
    asking my self-------Why I'm watching this Movie?

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    I personally like the addition of Jack in Pirate, not as big a fan of the story line and dialog being about finding him, but I don't feel his presence ruins the ride, Haunted Mansion however is a perfect ride the addition of an Eddie Murphy AA would ruin perfection.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    I would rather have Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie in the Haunted Mansion full time than Eddie Murphy.

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I just know.........I DID NOT ENJOY THE MOVIE.........
    I would put it side by side with the movie Country Bear Jamboree

I want my money back
    Lol. That is probably the most damning statement of the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

It should have never been a comedy I think that is where the movie went wrong.
    I just know.........I DID NOT ENJOY THE MOVIE.........
    I would put it side by side with the movie Country Bear Jamboree

I want my money back

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post

Somewhat disagree. A comedy in the vein of some of the 1960s and 1970s Vincent Price AIP films might have made for a great film. Take a look at The Raven and the Dr. Phibes films and you'll find the atmosphere that would have worked great with the HM. The "family comedy" approach is what should have been avoided. However, a humorless horror-centric approach would have also missed the mark. The HM has a dual nature - part spooky and part comedy (some of it goofy and some of it black/macabre), and for any film to capture the spirt of the attraction, it will have to convey that dual nature.
    Beat me to the punch, the duality of the attraction was something that needed to be represented.

It isn't even that "family comedy" as a goal was bad but it was a literal genre stencil the studio traced over while using the Mansion setting as a garnishing.

There needed to be a clear focus on the emotions that both the ride as well as the haunted house concept stir in people. A sense of mystery and exploration along with the whimsy and playfullness.

I don't think the studio was looking for too much creativity and I can kinda see the film being done more correctly now but only because of things like Stranger Things proving a different model is possible.

It's kinda impressive that they'd just sketch over a basic storyline but I just can't see Disney taking a risk with a big budget movie despite the fact that the risk is somewhat subdued by appealing to a known brand.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied

Somewhat disagree. A comedy in the vein of some of the 1960s and 1970s Vincent Price AIP films might have made for a great film. Take a look at The Raven and the Dr. Phibes films and you'll find the atmosphere that would have worked great with the HM. The "family comedy" approach is what should have been avoided. However, a humorless horror-centric approach would have also missed the mark. The HM has a dual nature - part spooky and part comedy (some of it goofy and some of it black/macabre), and for any film to capture the spirt of the attraction, it will have to convey that dual nature.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Fourth option: putting Eddie Murphy in Star Wars Land so we can get started on that Pluto Nash reskin.

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jspider View Post
    Fun idea but Haunted Mansion was a flop as a film so I don't know that it's even a tough call. Basically something terrible vs something mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    replied
    I know this is slightly (very much) off-topic, but I always hoped for this kind of Haunted Mansion reboot where it would go to series:

Though I would never want anything from modern media added to the Mansion itself. It would take away from its classic charm.

I voted to keep Jack. He's not all that bad. I just.... wish they would fix his mouth when he's in the treasure room, lol. Lip sync has been broken for quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Fun idea but Haunted Mansion was a flop as a film so I don't know that it's even a tough call. Basically something terrible vs something mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
    I don't need Jack Sparrow in the ride, but I at least like the movies. The first one is great.

I can't say the same about Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion.
    Jack Sparrow
    LOL .....First film was great ......2nd one so-so-
    after that ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imo

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Third option: Put Depp and Murphy in WDW, and leave our HM and Pirates alone.

Leave a comment:

• Co Foo
    replied
    I don't need Jack Sparrow in the ride, but I at least like the movies. The first one is great.

I can't say the same about Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    No IP aa stars - Johnny nor Edimo

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    I have gotten used to seeing Jack in the ride even if I think it's a terrible fit. Reverting back to the old way not would not assuage my visceral hatred for hearing "Twenty minutes tops," as an Eddie Murphy AA looks on at Madame Leota.

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    started a poll [Fun] Would You Rather: HM or Pirates

Would You Rather: HM or Pirates

Sorry Pirates, but HM must be saved. Jack stays.
    92.31%
    Sorry HM, but Pirates has suffered long enough. Eddie it is.
    7.69%
    Inspired by monster heck’s joke in another thread:
    Would you place an Eddie Murphy Animatronic in HM to restore Pirates (and remove the Johnny Depp animatronics) or leave Johnny Depp in Pirates to keep Eddie out of HM?

I am sure for most (on this board at least) it would be neither, but just thought it would be fun to see which beloved attraction would get the “save” if it existed.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X