Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch of Disney - your impressions?

Hi everyone! Touch of Disney started today - if you were one of the lucky people to go today, please share what you thought of the experience. Are there any things you would do differently, lines to avoid, favorite dishes or dishes you didn't like? Anything I should know before I go next week? Thanks!

I didn't go, and also don't plan to, but I just watched the review of someone I know on instagram who went today with her husband.

The spent each of their $25 vouchers and then an additional $42 on top, so just under $100. From the looks of the food she showed, the portions are small. So they went thru about 7-8 different samplings. All good has to be ordered via the app - you cannot walk up to the stands and order. The wait time for some food was 2 hours. They ordered at 2pm and their return time for the food was 4pm. The wait to get in was over 45min.

She said all of DCA, except Avengers Campus, was open to meander. The boardwalk games were available to play at no additional cost (not sure if that was today only or it will be on all days).

The verdict was:

Him - under covid circumstances, worth it since people are itching to get out and do things. If not for Covid, the separate ticketed event would not be worth the price. She summarized by saying Disney can charge the fee because people essentially have Disney- withdrawal.

Her - without the free parking, $25 voucher and free boardwalk games, it wouldn't be worth it to her.

Comment

Some tips I would like to share from my experience at the 3/18 event.

1. If you park at M&F you will put yourself at a major disadvantage right from the start. There were reliable reports of it taking 80 minutes to park, go through the screening process, and then get through the turnstile. Most people in my group who originally planned to park at M&F abandoned it quickly once they saw how packed it was.

2. You can park at the Anaheim Hotel for $10 if you mention MiceChat.

3. Pick the item you want the most and go there first. If you want a Monte Cristo and you don't get it right away you are going to have to wait up to an hour to get one.

4. During the early afternoon the lines are pretty long pretty much everywhere, but they die down later in the day. The wait time for mobile order for the Adorable Snowman was 50 minutes around 3pm. The mobile order wait time for Smokejumpers was around an hour every time we checked.

5. When you scan your ticket they will give you another printed ticket and take your picture. The machine will then generate yet another code that the CM will scan and then attach the $25 dining card to that code. They have to scan that, too. The process is time consuming, so the line to get in the park moves VERY slowly.

6. Don't expect the park to be empty. There were lots and lots of people in the park. In fact, it seemed like a regular day when you looked around at the crowds. It was still very enjoyable, but there were definitely a lot of people.

7. There are characters, but they are far away. Donald could be found greeting guests from a Grand California balcony. Chip and Dale were in the wooded area right across from Grizzly River Run. Goofy and Max could be found fishing from the wharf. I don't know what it's officially called. Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy could be found on the Silly Symphony Swings.

8. Oh, this is important. It's true. I'm not making it up. The Midway games are free AND the prizes are free. We couldn't believe this when we heard it so we went to see for ourselves. It's true. They let you play the games and if you win a prize it's free. The games are very socially distanced, and they clean between each guest, so expect a long wait if you want to play.

9. Reservations at Carthay and Lamplight are great, but you probably won't be able to eat anything else. So, if you want to taste as many foods as possible, skipping either of the sit-down restaurants is my recommendation. You can get walk-up reservations through the Disneyland app. They are only seating the upper areas of LL. The entire bottom half is empty.

That's all I can think of now. What I enjoyed most was just being in the park after so long. They could have charged $75 just to walk around the park and hang out, and I would still recommend it for the mental health benefits. Normalcy is so close, and the feeling is liberating.

Comment

Thank you, those are all great observations and tips! I was thinking about alternative parking before, and reading your post made up my mind for sure.

Comment

A strong request from me...PLEASE, PLEASE don't take your mask off to take a selfie/photo. The parks have been closed for more than a year. Your photo posted on social media could shut everything down again. And I'm not exaggerating. It's what they stressed to us in training.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
            Some tips I would like to share from my experience at the 3/18 event.

1. If you park at M&F you will put yourself at a major disadvantage right from the start. There were reliable reports of it taking 80 minutes to park, go through the screening process, and then get through the turnstile. Most people in my group who originally planned to park at M&F abandoned it quickly once they saw how packed it was.

2. You can park at the Anaheim Hotel for $10 if you mention MiceChat.

3. Pick the item you want the most and go there first. If you want a Monte Cristo and you don't get it right away you are going to have to wait up to an hour to get one.

4. During the early afternoon the lines are pretty long pretty much everywhere, but they die down later in the day. The wait time for mobile order for the Adorable Snowman was 50 minutes around 3pm. The mobile order wait time for Smokejumpers was around an hour every time we checked.

5. When you scan your ticket they will give you another printed ticket and take your picture. The machine will then generate yet another code that the CM will scan and then attach the $25 dining card to that code. They have to scan that, too. The process is time consuming, so the line to get in the park moves VERY slowly.

6. Don't expect the park to be empty. There were lots and lots of people in the park. In fact, it seemed like a regular day when you looked around at the crowds. It was still very enjoyable, but there were definitely a lot of people.

7. There are characters, but they are far away. Donald could be found greeting guests from a Grand California balcony. Chip and Dale were in the wooded area right across from Grizzly River Run. Goofy and Max could be found fishing from the wharf. I don't know what it's officially called. Mickey, Minnie, and Daisy could be found on the Silly Symphony Swings.

8. Oh, this is important. It's true. I'm not making it up. The Midway games are free AND the prizes are free. We couldn't believe this when we heard it so we went to see for ourselves. It's true. They let you play the games and if you win a prize it's free. The games are very socially distanced, and they clean between each guest, so expect a long wait if you want to play.

9. Reservations at Carthay and Lamplight are great, but you probably won't be able to eat anything else. So, if you want to taste as many foods as possible, skipping either of the sit-down restaurants is my recommendation. You can get walk-up reservations through the Disneyland app. They are only seating the upper areas of LL. The entire bottom half is empty.

That's all I can think of now. What I enjoyed most was just being in the park after so long. They could have charged $75 just to walk around the park and hang out, and I would still recommend it for the mental health benefits. Normalcy is so close, and the feeling is liberating.

And Joy is at her Inside Out ride at the boardwalk.

Comment

Following this thread to give me information, since international travel is still at risk due to Covid (even vaccines are continuously being rolled out). Do DL requires swabtest results?

Comment

Originally posted by Sukie Norman View Post
                Following this thread to give me information, since international travel is still at risk due to Covid (even vaccines are continuously being rolled out). Do DL requires swabtest results?
                No. They do temperature screenings and ask a set of questions at the security checkpoint, but no Covid test results are needed.

Comment

Wait....so can you just stand there all day playing the games? That's what I'd be doing....lol

Also insane it takes over an hour to get into the parks from M&F....took maybe 10 mins to do both security checks at Universal
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    Wait....so can you just stand there all day playing the games? That's what I'd be doing....lol

Also insane it takes over an hour to get into the parks from M&F....took maybe 10 mins to do both security checks at Universal
                    I've always thought the stuffed characters being offered as prizes are lame. I already have far too much clutter, if I'm going to create more for myself, I'd at least like it to be something of interest. What in the world am I going to do with a Wall-E doll, from a 2008 movie that most people never even saw?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

I've always thought the stuffed characters being offered as prizes are lame. I already have far too much clutter, if I'm going to create more for myself, I'd at least like it to be something of interest. What in the world am I going to do with a Wall-E doll, from a 2008 movie that most people never even saw?
                      I have a Robinhood Plush....

I mean it what it means to you not everyone else...thats why you bought it
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

So how long before people are waiting 45+ minutes to play a free carnival game?

Last edited by Starcade; 03-24-2021, 08:02 AM.
                        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

So I was able to score tix for this event for 4/12..and I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this event when I go.
                          I have also booked a room at a Good neighbor hotel as well.

1) I dont plan on going to the M&F Parking Structure as it sounds like a total cluster. So can I just walk to the Espalnade area of the parks?
                          2) What is the proper way of showing the CM's I have a ticket? As I have heard of multiple ways to do this and I would like a single (simplest way of doing this)?
                          3) Since I dont plan on utilizing the M&F's Parking structure. Does any vendor within Downtown Disney or anywhere offer a place to hold all of the stuff I plan on buying?
                          4) Can I really anticipate a 1-4 hr wait when ordering any food there at this event?

Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
                            1) I dont plan on going to the M&F Parking Structure as it sounds like a total cluster. So can I just walk to the Espalnade area of the parks?
                            It's best to enter from Harbor. If your hotel is not close enough to walk, park at the Anaheim Hotel. Mention MiceChat and parking is $10. I have done this. They know about MiceChat and they will give you a discount.

2) What is the proper way of showing the CM's I have a ticket? As I have heard of multiple ways to do this and I would like a single (simplest way of doing this)?
                            Add the ticket to your Disneyland app and show your phone at the turnstile.

3) Since I dont plan on utilizing the M&F's Parking structure. Does any vendor within Downtown Disney or anywhere offer a place to hold all of the stuff I plan on buying?
                            No. People were carrying around lots of bags. There are no lockers, either.

4) Can I really anticipate a 1-4 hr wait when ordering any food there at this event?
                            If you get in line at 11 you will be one of the first people to enter when they open the gates at 11:30. Get the stuff you really want right away and there won't be any wait. Around mid day you can expect to wait up to an hour for some things, but it's not horrible.

If you are tech savvy, and you are interested, Shazam the songs they play and post them here. If Shazam doesn't recognize the song, please record 30 seconds of it and post here.

That goes for anyone who has yet to go. There are some playlists circulating, but they are not accurate.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your advise and look forward to even being on Disney property for a day :-)

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
                                So I was able to score tix for this event for 4/12..and I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this event when I go.
                                I have also booked a room at a Good neighbor hotel as well.

Thank you in advance
                                There are also 2 kiosks near where the Radiotor Springs Racers fastpass distribution was/is (across from the waterfall on the backside of Grizzly Peak, on the walk to Cars Land from Carthay Circle). They can take your order for any and all food options for the event. They'll give you one receipt which you then use to "check in" at each spot.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

There are also 2 kiosks near where the Radiotor Springs Racers fastpass distribution was/is (across from the waterfall on the backside of Grizzly Peak, on the walk to Cars Land from Carthay Circle). They can take your order for any and all food options for the event. They'll give you one receipt which you then use to "check in" at each spot.
                                  Perfect..thank you for that

Comment

Does anyone have any photos to share from the event? Also, it brings me joy to see the colorful Mickey Ferris wheel lit up on the Mattercam in the evening!

I will also eat up pictures of food... 👀

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I will also eat up pictures of food... 👀
                                      LL
                                      I think how my Brother
                                      Lke to take picture..........of FOOD

I think to myself.......What I going to do, with a picture
                                      of a plate full of "F👀D" eat it
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Has anyone gone to both this event and the Knotts event? It would be interesting to hear the impression from somebody who has done both and can compare.
                                        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X