• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mightyduck
    New MiceChatter

• mightyduck
    replied
    Actually, some establishments are using QR codes to avoid long queues. However, I noticed some faking it like they are just going to scan but will not input information details.

Leave a comment:

• Sukie Norman
    MiceChatter

• Sukie Norman
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHappyCM View Post

No. They do temperature screenings and ask a set of questions at the security checkpoint, but no Covid test results are needed.
    That's good to know because taking the COVID test is quite expensive. Also, It would be nice if they have QR code so you can fill out the health declaration form easily.

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    Banned User

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    So just got back from our Touch of Disney event on 4/12.
    I truly believe that 80% of the people there...are just there to be on Disney Property (like I was) :-)
    My wife and I had 2 reservations for that day lined up at (LampLight Lounge for lunch and then Ralph Breenans Jazz Kitchen @ 4 in DTD)
    We went about this way, as we wanted to exclude any annoyances that we read about the wait times to order food and not dealing with the M&F parking lot)
    All in all it was pretty...meh. Now we stayed at the event for about 4hrs. As we spent a lot of time just walking around and envisioning what it would be like to actually be there w/rides and more entertainment. I definitely think the price for this is a complete rip off...but considering that this is the first major outdoor mass public gathering we have been to in over a year...it worked (for that reason alone). Also the lunch we had at LLL was awful!! The lobster nachos smelled super fishy and the lobster was cold...gross. I had the "potato skins". Which were nothing like Potato skins, but an over oily potato pancake...gross. Anyways...all in all it was nice seeing all the CM's there re-training and everyone seemed to be in that Disney - Happy type of mood...including myself :-)

Leave a comment:

• egomaniac
    Southern California Dad

• egomaniac
    replied
    Went to Touch of Disney yesterday.

Parked at the Anaheim Hotel, used the Micechat parking deal - that was great! Thanks for arranging the discount guys!

The walk from the Anaheim Hotel seemed shorter than what would've been the walk from Mickey Parking. We'll likely use the Anaheim Hotel parking again on future visits.

We parked at 11:00. We're at the security screening around 11:20 and got to the DCA gate about 11:40. Security at Harbor was a bit slow as they said they were understaffed with only 1 canine sniffer. Entrance at DCA gate was fast, only a couple people in front of us. They were letting people in before the 12:00 noon posted opening time.

Figuring out all the online ordering was a bit chaotic at first. I grabbed a CM and had her explain everything. The paper brochure/map didn't have enough menu info - more of highlights document. The app required lots of clicking in deep to each food location, and picking an order window before being able to see the menus. There are probably other links as well... maybe on the disneyland blog. But the app could've been better.

App worked well with Apple Pay. And buying drinks on your own Credit Card was fine once we figured out how to separate all the purchases.

Getting in line to order everything for the day upfront might be the way to go, IF you study ahead, or know the menus well enough to know what you want to do. We weren't in that mindset. So we did mobile orders.

Smokejumpers was pretty easy at the beginning. Got a monte cristo. Then the queue for Smokejumpers kept getting longer. I added a second order a bit later for a cocktail. Had to wait a half hour just for the pickup window time. Later mid-afternoon, I wanted try to one of the frozen coke cocktails they had, but at that point the pickup window was an hour and half out. So I passed on trying those. The pickup window delay time is by restaurant/marketplace/food station. And you select your pickup window time before you order. So if one item is high demand at a food station, then all the pickup window times are a longer wait. You can't just order a lower demand item and get a better pickup time.

The Berry Mule was good. The Bourbon Lemonade was good.

The Asian Barbacoa tacos were the other thing l liked in addition to the monte cristo. The Banh Mi was a disappointment.

Finished up the afternoon with the Carthay Circle. That was nice - they have real bartenders making real cocktails there. All the other drinks at the regular food stations are pre-mix.

Overall we had a great time. All of us we're happy to spend a day at Disney.

Leave a comment:

• vroomichael
    New MiceChatter

• vroomichael
    replied
    I don't think you have to arrive too early. I parked at DTD at around 11 and walked inside DCA at 11:50. I would only arrive early if you are trying to make walk in reservations to Lampllight/Carthay. As some have mentioned, if you go to a Touch of Disney cashier and pre-order everything you want for the day, you can just walk up to the pick up lines for each item whenever you want.

Leave a comment:

• egomaniac
    Southern California Dad

• egomaniac
    replied
    Whatโ€™s the better: arrive early and wait outside the gates for an hour or two? And get into the mobile food/drink queues early? Or go later and the queues maybe get shorter later in afternoon? Or is it just a lot of waiting however you do this event?

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by vroomichael View Post

I have been to many of the other iterations of Knotts' Taste of events, but skipped this one to go to Universal and Disney's.

While I enjoyed being able to walk around a Disney park and seeing Disney characters, the price point just didn't seem to justify the value. The $25 really didn't get very far. The rules about having to order a meal with alcohol made things more complicated, especially when you could not use your gift card on alcohol.

What I enjoyed about Knott's was that it felt like a "full" theme park experience, just without the rides. The craft fairs and the characters added a lot of atmosphere and each part of the park had their own background music. Disney was blasting a very short loop of pop-ified classic Disney hits, but the loop was so short I heard the same songs over and over, and I think it was just very noticeable because they were pop singers with distinct voices and they had lyrics as opposed to just atmospheric sounds.

I also hated the mobile ordering at Disney, and I'm a pretty tech-savvy person. As others have said, you have to input the card number every single time you order. You also had to be aware of when you would get hungry next, because the available pick-up times were usually an hour or more away. There were a lot of glitches with the app not notifying you exactly when your food was ready. We waited on an order that said it was still in progress, but when you actually click on the order it said it had been ready.

On food alone, Disney wins marginally. I generally enjoy Disney food. There were hits and misses, but I appreciate Disney trying new stuff. I really enjoy the food and portion sizes at Knott's, especially for the value of the price of each item. I also appreciate the sheer number of items at Knott's and their inventiveness. Because they have been doing this for so long now, they operated like a well-oiled machine.

But overall, I think each event has its pros and cons and presents a unique value. If Disney had been priced lower, I say Disney would have been the winner, but only by a little.
    Thank You for your Opinion and Information

Leave a comment:

• vroomichael
    New MiceChatter

• vroomichael
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    Has anyone gone to both this event and the Knotts event? It would be interesting to hear the impression from somebody who has done both and can compare.
    I have been to many of the other iterations of Knotts' Taste of events, but skipped this one to go to Universal and Disney's.

While I enjoyed being able to walk around a Disney park and seeing Disney characters, the price point just didn't seem to justify the value. The $25 really didn't get very far. The rules about having to order a meal with alcohol made things more complicated, especially when you could not use your gift card on alcohol.

What I enjoyed about Knott's was that it felt like a "full" theme park experience, just without the rides. The craft fairs and the characters added a lot of atmosphere and each part of the park had their own background music. Disney was blasting a very short loop of pop-ified classic Disney hits, but the loop was so short I heard the same songs over and over, and I think it was just very noticeable because they were pop singers with distinct voices and they had lyrics as opposed to just atmospheric sounds.

I also hated the mobile ordering at Disney, and I'm a pretty tech-savvy person. As others have said, you have to input the card number every single time you order. You also had to be aware of when you would get hungry next, because the available pick-up times were usually an hour or more away. There were a lot of glitches with the app not notifying you exactly when your food was ready. We waited on an order that said it was still in progress, but when you actually click on the order it said it had been ready.

On food alone, Disney wins marginally. I generally enjoy Disney food. There were hits and misses, but I appreciate Disney trying new stuff. I really enjoy the food and portion sizes at Knott's, especially for the value of the price of each item. I also appreciate the sheer number of items at Knott's and their inventiveness. Because they have been doing this for so long now, they operated like a well-oiled machine.

But overall, I think each event has its pros and cons and presents a unique value. If Disney had been priced lower, I say Disney would have been the winner, but only by a little.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    Has anyone gone to both this event and the Knotts event? It would be interesting to hear the impression from somebody who has done both and can compare.
    I would like to know answer too!
    Something tell me ....That I would enjoy Knott's event, much more ..........

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I will also eat up pictures of food... ๐Ÿ‘€
    LL
    I think how my Brother
    Lke to take picture..........of FOOD

I think to myself.......What I going to do, with a picture
    of a plate full of "F๐Ÿ‘€D" eat it

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Does anyone have any photos to share from the event? Also, it brings me joy to see the colorful Mickey Ferris wheel lit up on the Mattercam in the evening!

I will also eat up pictures of food... ๐Ÿ‘€

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    Banned User

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

There are also 2 kiosks near where the Radiotor Springs Racers fastpass distribution was/is (across from the waterfall on the backside of Grizzly Peak, on the walk to Cars Land from Carthay Circle). They can take your order for any and all food options for the event. They'll give you one receipt which you then use to "check in" at each spot.
    Perfect..thank you for that

Leave a comment:

• lemuth0922
    MiceChatter

• lemuth0922
    replied
    Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
    So I was able to score tix for this event for 4/12..and I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this event when I go.
    I have also booked a room at a Good neighbor hotel as well.

1) I dont plan on going to the M&F Parking Structure as it sounds like a total cluster. So can I just walk to the Espalnade area of the parks?
    2) What is the proper way of showing the CM's I have a ticket? As I have heard of multiple ways to do this and I would like a single (simplest way of doing this)?
    3) Since I dont plan on utilizing the M&F's Parking structure. Does any vendor within Downtown Disney or anywhere offer a place to hold all of the stuff I plan on buying?
    4) Can I really anticipate a 1-4 hr wait when ordering any food there at this event?

Thank you in advance
    There are also 2 kiosks near where the Radiotor Springs Racers fastpass distribution was/is (across from the waterfall on the backside of Grizzly Peak, on the walk to Cars Land from Carthay Circle). They can take your order for any and all food options for the event. They'll give you one receipt which you then use to "check in" at each spot.

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    Banned User

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    Thank you everyone for your advise and look forward to even being on Disney property for a day :-)

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
    1) I dont plan on going to the M&F Parking Structure as it sounds like a total cluster. So can I just walk to the Espalnade area of the parks?
    It's best to enter from Harbor. If your hotel is not close enough to walk, park at the Anaheim Hotel. Mention MiceChat and parking is $10. I have done this. They know about MiceChat and they will give you a discount.

2) What is the proper way of showing the CM's I have a ticket? As I have heard of multiple ways to do this and I would like a single (simplest way of doing this)?
    Add the ticket to your Disneyland app and show your phone at the turnstile.

3) Since I dont plan on utilizing the M&F's Parking structure. Does any vendor within Downtown Disney or anywhere offer a place to hold all of the stuff I plan on buying?
    No. People were carrying around lots of bags. There are no lockers, either.

4) Can I really anticipate a 1-4 hr wait when ordering any food there at this event?
    If you get in line at 11 you will be one of the first people to enter when they open the gates at 11:30. Get the stuff you really want right away and there won't be any wait. Around mid day you can expect to wait up to an hour for some things, but it's not horrible.

If you are tech savvy, and you are interested, Shazam the songs they play and post them here. If Shazam doesn't recognize the song, please record 30 seconds of it and post here.

That goes for anyone who has yet to go. There are some playlists circulating, but they are not accurate.

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    Banned User

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    So I was able to score tix for this event for 4/12..and I was wondering if anyone had any additional information about this event when I go.
    I have also booked a room at a Good neighbor hotel as well.

Thank you in advance

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied
    So how long before people are waiting 45+ minutes to play a free carnival game?

Starcade
    Old Skateboarder
    Last edited by Starcade; 03-24-2021, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    Adventure First, Ad Last

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post

I've always thought the stuffed characters being offered as prizes are lame. I already have far too much clutter, if I'm going to create more for myself, I'd at least like it to be something of interest. What in the world am I going to do with a Wall-E doll, from a 2008 movie that most people never even saw?
    I have a Robinhood Plush....

I mean it what it means to you not everyone else...thats why you bought it

Leave a comment:

• SoCalDisneyFan

• SoCalDisneyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Wait....so can you just stand there all day playing the games? That's what I'd be doing....lol

Also insane it takes over an hour to get into the parks from M&F....took maybe 10 mins to do both security checks at Universal
    I've always thought the stuffed characters being offered as prizes are lame. I already have far too much clutter, if I'm going to create more for myself, I'd at least like it to be something of interest. What in the world am I going to do with a Wall-E doll, from a 2008 movie that most people never even saw?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X