Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Images leak of Spiderman Loading Zone

So, apparently, someone leaked images of the Spiderman Loading Area and Vehicles to Google Images.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-12 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	8633690
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-01-12 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	8633691

Source: WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure - Google Maps

Also, Andy had a bunch of really good images of the exterior of the building in Monday Update this week as well. Disneyland Gets Ready to Reopen as California Adventure's Food Festival Kicks Off (micechat.com)

Last edited by brianpinsky; 03-22-2021, 11:01 AM. Reason: Fixing Attachments and URL links
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

That might be the biggest moving ride vehicle in the parks! Interesting.

Comment

I cant tell if you load the vehicle from the back or the sides in those pictures. I also agree those look very big, I guess to seat 4 adults side by side they would have to be.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
        I cant tell if you load the vehicle from the back or the sides in those pictures. I also agree those look very big, I guess to seat 4 adults side by side they would have to be.
        The openings for each vehicle are double-sided, so I'm guessing you slide in from the side like your typical Toy Story Midway Mania ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

The openings for each vehicle are double-sided, so I'm guessing you slide in from the side like your typical Toy Story Midway Mania ride.
          Would make sense, the first picture looked like it was opening from the back.
          BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

That loading vehicle is what the kids call "thicc."

Comment

Disney usually frowns on this sort of thing, don't they? I wonder if someone stands to lose their job over this.

Comment

Looks exactly like Midway Mania on steroids. Center truck with a rotating top four facing each side and side loading. Makes perfect sense. Curious to see how effective the scanner interaction is in regards to registering your gestures. Not very excited about this ride as it's more of a moving arcade game and I am less and less excited about playing games and prefer a more passive experience. I will let my kids judge this one as it appears more geared toward their demo.

I unfortunately see a lot of riders accidentally smacking each other with these rides mechanics though. Wonder how many stubbed and dislocated fingers and wrist injuries are in peoples future with this one.
                Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
                  Disney usually frowns on this sort of thing, don't they? I wonder if someone stands to lose their job over this.
                  In this case, I don't think so. Or if so, it probably already would have already happened as these images are hardly "new". They are actually stills taken from a video released by the company back in November around the time of the (virtual) IAAPA Convention.
                  This is from "Mickey Blog" from November 16, 2020:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1328356168322994176
                  I think it was originally tweeted by @DLPReport back in November.

Comment

You may start seeing more "illegal" images from inside because today they began "Test and Adjust" for the ride allowing Cast Members to get a sneak peek. And if past incidents have shown us, there will always be a CM who just has to bust open the plastic bag their cellphone was put in and take videos or snap photos. I will probably get a chance for a test run later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDisneyFan View Post
                      They get canned, but even worse...they stop letting Cast Members test the ride. It happened with Guardians of The Galaxy. They were allowing CMs to give it a test ride, but one idiot decided to rip open the plastic bag we had to put our cellphones in, and shoot video. Luckily, this was after I rode it.
                      Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 03-22-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I'm actually excited to see that these vehicles move both indoors and outdoors, even if briefly. The kinetic energy should feel nice and give a Peoplemover-type of vibe to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                          I'm actually excited to see that these vehicles move both indoors and outdoors, even if briefly. The kinetic energy should feel nice and give a Peoplemover-type of vibe to that area.
                          From what I've heard, you won't be able to see the ride vehicles from any point outside the attraction.

Comment

It looks like when the vehicles go outside they will still be flanked by walls on both sides so unfortunately the view of the vehicles moving by will likely not be seen from the ground. It's unfortunate because the park needs more kinetic energy as people forget just how much it adds to the environment.
                            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by _Bluebird View Post

From what I've heard, you won't be able to see the ride vehicles from any point outside the attraction.
                              This. Where did people get the impression the ride vehicles go outside? The blueprints were filed in France years ago and it was all just switchbacks of screens indoors like TSMM.

Comment

I know it me....imo
                                But sure do not like the colors , of the Loading Area .......
                                UGLY
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 03-24-2021, 06:25 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

This. Where did people get the impression the ride vehicles go outside? The blueprints were filed in France years ago and it was all just switchbacks of screens indoors like TSMM.

The concept art made it appear that the vehicle went outside for a portion of the ride.

Comment

Duplicating shooter screen rides in a park massively lacking in darkrides is an incredible fail.
                                    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

The concept art made it appear that the vehicle went outside for a portion of the ride.
                                      Which concept art?

Comment

Presumably this image in particular which seems to show sky
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Spider-Man-Ride-Concept-Art.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	8633866
                                        Restore Walt's Disneyland: bring back the Aluminum Hall of Fame!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X