Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The Blue Bayou will serve beer.....

“The Blue Bayou will serve beer, sparkling wine and Hurricane cocktails when the New Orleans Square restaurant returns after Disneyland reopens on April 30.”

https://www.ocregister.com/?returnUr...erState%3Dtrue

T'was only a matter of time. One more way for them to make up for that lost revenue.
    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

If they do it right, a hurricane would be a great reason to go.

Some of my best memories of New Orleans involve hurricanes from Pat O'Briens.

Comment

Finally!

Comment

oh yes...now, no longer a reason to hustle all the way over to DCA to relax and unwind with a frosty brew :-) Love it...cheers

Comment

But not alcoholic mint juleps?

Disney: We had to fudge it somehow. It’s on brand.

I wonder if the reason is to keep a clear distinction between soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.

Comment

CHAPEK HAD AN ITCH!

It was scratched.

Should have made a $20 bet in the other thread. 😂

Also want to add... I'm not against this change. I am one of those young adults who love a good sip on a hot summer day.

Comment

I've been known to close down the bar at the Cal Adventure hotel from time to time. Recognize me now? lol
              My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

End of an era. I'm sure other table service eateries will follow soon.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I'm guessing ticket prices will be so expensive that the parks will be filled with high rollers, willing to pay top dollar for booze.

Comment

And once again, Walt spins in his grave.

Not that it matters to the Disney Company... or to 99.9% of its customers.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Personally, i'm not looking forwward to this. Blue Bayou was already extremely hard to get a reservation at, I imagine that now it will be even worse.
                      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                      July 13th-18th
                      November 19th-25th

Comment

I hope they put some pretty sharp limitations in place on the number of drinks one person can have. We don't need folks getting sloshed and staggering around NOS tripping over kids.
                        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Not Surprisingalcoholic drinks in Disneyland Park
                          Disney have been talking doing it for years........
                          and there other area in the parks as well ,they will start selling.
                          test was SWL/GE
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wasn’t asking for this, but I also don’t care.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                              I hope they put some pretty sharp limitations in place on the number of drinks one person can have. We don't need folks getting sloshed and staggering around NOS tripping over kids.
                              They confirmed that Guests will only be allowed 2 drinks maximum. And that alcohol can not be consumed outside the restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

They confirmed that Guests will only be allowed 2 drinks maximum. And that alcohol can not be consumed outside the restaurant.
                                Yup, 2 at BB, then off to Oga's Cantina for 2 more.
                                Last edited by greenalfonzo; 03-31-2021, 09:18 PM.
                                "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

I guess the bean counters at corporate just couldn’t control their greed.
                                  Well good for the guests who can appreciate a drink or two with their meal.
                                  I don’t think it’s the end of the world, but I don’t think someone would have approved.

Comment

Disney going to make money , any way they can.........
                                    and selling alcohol - they make $MONEY$ -they going to-
                                    They are a business.

Most Theme Parks ,have been doing so , for years now.....even Knott's

What is surprise me is ,That they have not done so , before SWL/GE...........

IMO
                                    I do not like concept of it......but this is a New Disney Company......
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Bring it on! Love this idea.

Comment

Might give me a reason to go to Blue Bayou and spend $100 for a meal for one.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X