Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News April 12/15 Reservations/New Ticket Sales

More Details: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...1210407210022C

Those with existing tickets (whose expiration was extended due to COVID) can start make reservations on April 12.

Otherwise, new tickets sales and reservations can be made April 15.

This is good news. It's interesting that by opening reservations to existing ticket holders, they have excluded every former passholder from early reservation access. No passholder is going to have a valid ticket. It's also interesting that a hotel reservation does not guarantee a park reservation. Part of me thinks that they didn't think this through.

It's also interesting that most people who do have valid tickets aren't going to live in California.

I do admit that it's possible they are doing this to do a stress test on their system with a known small group of people before opening it up to the masses.

Anyone with a valid ticket truly has a Golden Ticket right now, if they want to return on opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
      This is good news. It's interesting that by opening reservations to existing ticket holders, they have excluded every former passholder from early reservation access. No passholder is going to have a valid ticket. It's also interesting that a hotel reservation does not guarantee a park reservation. Part of me thinks that they didn't think this through.

It's also interesting that most people who do have valid tickets aren't going to live in California.

I do admit that it's possible they are doing this to do a stress test on their system with a known small group of people before opening it up to the masses.

Anyone with a valid ticket truly has a Golden Ticket right now, if they want to return on opening day.
      Interesting.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I was really hoping to have a shot at opening day, but alas...

Comment

It is nice that they let us know that we do not have to wake up before 8am to buy tickets!

Comment

This is good news. It's interesting that by opening reservations to existing ticket holders, they have excluded every former passholder from early reservation access. No passholder is going to have a valid ticket.
            But...I thought we were "Legacy Passholders"! I thought we were going to be the first ones to get the information on new ticket offerings/memberships! That's what they promised about 3 months ago when they "sunsetted" the program. What gives? Did they just say that and then forgot about it, or hoped none of us would remember?
            Here's a quote from the letter from Ken Potrock:

"But we are also very excited about what’s ahead. We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans. Once we have more information to share about future membership offerings, our Passholders will be the first to hear from us as we embark on this next chapter."

Okay, so maybe they don't have the new "membership offerings" yet, so that's the excuse.
            Last edited by 9oldmen; 04-06-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Still leery that I have yet to see how this policy will work, If your able to get a reservation will you then be guaranteed a purchase of a ticket? I get if you have a ticket already you just need the reservation, but will there be instances where people will purchase a ticket and then still not get a reservation? Or will you need a reservation in order to purchase a ticket?

Just got an email...
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.10.08 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	637.9 KB ID:	8634361

Last edited by Starcade; 04-12-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                Still leery that I have yet to see how this policy will work, If your able to get a reservation will you then be guaranteed a purchase of a ticket? I get if you have a ticket already you just need the reservation, but will there be instances where people will purchase a ticket and then still not get a reservation? Or will you need a reservation in order to purchase a ticket?

Just got an email...
                Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.10.08 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	637.9 KB ID:	8634361

Note: info states "To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket, for the same park on the same date, " So it looks like no park hoping at this time.
                According to the infograph on the site (below), you can make the reservation only after you buy your ticket. I suppose this means you will have to pay for a ticket without guaranteeing that you’ll get the date you want. However, it looks like you can view what reservations are available without purchasing anything (see second image).

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                  But...I thought we were "Legacy Passholders"! I thought we were going to be the first ones to get the information on new ticket offerings/memberships! That's what they promised about 3 months ago when they "sunsetted" the program. What gives? Did they just say that and then forgot about it, or hoped none of us would remember?
                  Here's a quote from the letter from Ken Potrock:

"But we are also very excited about what’s ahead. We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans. Once we have more information to share about future membership offerings, our Passholders will be the first to hear from us as we embark on this next chapter."

Okay, so maybe they don't have the new "membership offerings" yet, so that's the excuse.
                  The title "Legacy Passholder" is short for "we're breaking up, but if I'm feeling lonely down the road and things aren't working out on my end, I'll reach out and maybe we can schedule a movie night."

They'll call when things aren't going well...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                    They'll call when things aren't going well...
                    They'll definitely call. We played this game before.

Comment

I have a unused 2 day, but I do worry that there are more CA residents like me with tickets......we'll have to see

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

Just got an email...
                        Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 11.10.08 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	637.9 KB ID:	8634361

Note: info states "To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket, for the same park on the same date, " So it looks like no park hoping at this time.
                        Park hoping will be allowed until 1pm per the article.

Comment

Yea..this is all going to be a little frustrating and confusing. So what comes first the reservation or blindly buying a ticket and not knowing what dates will be available to you??

Am I missing something here, but under the "Rides DL expects to be open come 4/30"...No Matterhorn?!?! What...its mostly outside, so what gives?? But their allowing Space Mtn to open thats fully indoors and a roller coaster...hmmm

Comment

I have two 3 day/1 park per day tickets linked to the Disneyland app on my phone. When I log into my Disneyland account on my desktop, they don't show up there, but when I try to link them, it says they are already linked. Hopefully I'll be able to get reservations!

Comment

Are they allowing other vendors to start ticket sales (like Ralphs or Vons)? It sure would make it easier to have a ticket in hand.

Comment

I am not a passholder. I just want to say that because I have no vested interest in how they treat passholders. That being said, consider this. Universal is having AP preview days when they open. Magic Mountain was open for two days just for passholders and members. I'm willing to bet Knott's will open first for passholders, too.

Disney could have done something for their passholders, or at least some. They could have had the first two days reserved just for AP's and allowed Premier passholders to make reservations first, then Sig + and so on. They could have done that, but they didn't.

Sometimes I wonder what Disney management is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyratgrrl View Post
                                  I have two 3 day/1 park per day tickets linked to the Disneyland app on my phone. When I log into my Disneyland account on my desktop, they don't show up there, but when I try to link them, it says they are already linked. Hopefully I'll be able to get reservations!
                                  Same here. Does anyone know if WDW had the same issue? Since they are linked to our account will they just show up once we enter the reservation system?

Comment

I had read that Matterhorn is still technically in the middle of getting some kind of refurbishment, which is why it'll be closed when the park re-opens. I can buy that, as I don't see any other reason for it to be closed versus other coasters. Maybe cleaning time for vehicles leading to back-up problems?

Speaking of that, attractions like Winnie the Pooh go down for station back up. If the honeycombs reach a certain point of back-up in the exit tunnel, the attraction shuts itself down. I wonder what the extent of vehicle cleaning will look like on this and other attractions, if any at all, or if frequent breakdowns for this should be expected as a result?

I do think the, "pay us for your ticket now then have fun finding a reservation day" seems a bit off. Maybe they just wanted one, universal way of doing things since there'll be folks buying tickets in line at the grocery store (you can't very well make a reservation there). But aside from that, assuming I told myself I wanted to visit two weeks from now, why would I want to pay for the tickets not knowing if that's even an option? Seems like a hot mess waiting to happen for a lot of folks. I'd hope Disney has a way to check reservation availability BEFORE purchasing. Ideally though, you'd just pick your day/reservation THEN pay. Ya know, like everywhere else and every other time. Prrrrretty sure I got to pick my Mickey's Halloween Party date BEFORE I checked out online.
                                    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what Disney management is thinking.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	drake is disneyland.png
Views:	2431
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	8634379

Comment

Seems December 16th ( Thursday ) maybe a date we could see AP's or something else being announced as most of the existing tickets still outstanding expire on that day. Seems an odd choice of date unless it coincided with something being announced ticket/pass wise?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X