• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rld275501
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2019

NERD OUT question-MONORAIL and it's FUTURE

PART A: So, I have been watching monorail videos through the Resort. I find them fascinating. I noticed the following dialogue they have as they described DCA:

2004: "Just ahead is Disney's California Adventure. This 55-acre theme park celebrates the spirit, innovations, and natural wonders of our golden state."

2012: "Just ahead is Disney California Adventure, where you'll find Disney stories told in unique and exciting ways."

The 2012 version was soon altered to include Pixar.

Now the 2021 version: Marvel will is added.

Do you think they will add MARVEL by saying, "Just ahead, is Disney California Adventure, where you'll find Disney, Pixar, and Marvel stories told in unique and exciting ways." Or are they restricted from using the MARVEL name there due to Marvel's contract with Universal? Or will they do an entirely different spiel?

PART B: How would you feel about seeing the Monorail Traveling through Avengers Campus. Let's assume Avengers Campus eventually tales up the Hollywood Studios Backlot area as well and the Animation Building acts as the berm between Hollywoodland and Avengers Campus.
    The Never Spoken Dedication at the Opening of Pixar Pier:

The world you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to California—not a place on a map, but a
    state of mind that exists whenever people seek nostalgia and wonder and imagine, a place where the original California Adventure vision and atmosphere are brought back to life by Pixar's vibrant color palette. We invite you to travel to a bygone era of the early 2000s at California Adventure and explore a land that never was, and always will be.
    -(Maybe) Paul Chapek

• mickeyfan42
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2010

It already specifically talks about the Collector's Fortress and Guardians of the Galaxy rather than Marvel. I expect that they might say something about like "Just ahead is Disney California Adventure, where you'll find Disney, Pixar, and Avengers stories told in unique and exciting ways. That looming tower up ahead is the Collector's Fortress and Avengers Campus"
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

• JayRomy
      A bouquet of Churros plz!
      • Jan 2017

I thought as long as they were using it in that region of the world, they had absolute rights to use it as they see fit. From what I can remember, as long as it's not in Florida (or possibly east of the Mississippi - not sure how far the Universal bubble extends for their leasing rights), that it's fair game for Disney to use as they wish.

If they can write it in a brochure or promo material, they can certainly say it in a recording. Unless I'm missing something... And that is possible too. lol.
      As part of a Public Service Announcement...
      Guardians Of The Galaxy
      Mission: Breakout
      ...is abbreviated like this
      GOTG M:B
      The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
      That is all. 😉

Comment

• jchamb268
        Monorail Junkie
        • Jan 2005

I think on the track record of Disney they wont update the narration anytime soon. I have found it does take them a while. But that is just my opinion, either way the Monorail is my favorite ride.

Comment

• Starcade
          Old Skateboarder

• May 2017

I agree with the thought that the audio will likely just stay as is. I think a lot of the narration is going to be changing in about 2-3 years as right now there lacks the cohesion all the audio once had when there was a single voice of the park. I would love for them to get back to that feel.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

• Eagleman
            Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

I still love the >MONORAIL.................>
            But ,I never got into the narration ..............
            By time the narration share any thing , you already by-pass the area !
            IMO
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Lighthope
              Multi-decade CM
              • Mar 2007

"Just ahead is Disney California Adventure, where you'll find Disney stories told in unique and exciting ways. Additionally, you'll be able to enjoy rides, stores, and lands that reflect Pixar and Marvel come to life for you and your family.

"To your right is Downtown Disney, where you can find merchandise from all over the DIsney world, featuring Mickey, Thor, and even Homer Simpson and Peter Girffin.

"Past the trees you can see Star Wars Land, where you can travel to a galaxy far, far away and engage in light saber battles and fly the Millennium Falcon."

"Oh, and there's Disneyland.

"Up ahead are the Disney Hotels, including Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian, where you can actually spend the night in a Disney Park, wake up, and have breakfast with your favourite Disney characters....."

Comment

• Starcade
                Old Skateboarder

• May 2017

Originally posted by lighthope View Post
                "just ahead is disney california adventure, where you'll find disney stories told in unique and exciting ways. Additionally, you'll be able to enjoy rides, stores, and lands that reflect pixar and marvel come to life for you and your family.

"to your right is downtown disney, where you can find merchandise from all over the disney world, featuring mickey, thor, and even homer simpson and peter girffin.

"past the trees you can see star wars land, where you can travel to a galaxy far, far away and engage in light saber battles and fly the millennium falcon."

"oh, and there's disneyland.

"up ahead are the disney hotels, including disneyland hotel and the grand californian, where you can actually spend the night in a disney park, wake up, and have breakfast with your favourite disney characters....."
                lol!
                Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X