Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A castle, a question, and a pass

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A castle, a question, and a pass

    Now that Disney has released the ticket pricing tiers, I’m curious to know how many people are still going to go. If you were a passholder (even Pre-legacy) will you go or wait until the new pass offerings are released? I’m torn because it’s so expensive and (I feel) too early to tell how people will respond until after the initial surge.

  • #2
    For those that are curious, here are the prices:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland-Ticket-Prices-2021.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	8634581

    It appears to be the same prices as early 2020, or am I wrong?

    Comment


    • #3
      It appears to be the same prices as early 2020, or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]


      You’re right, I just don’t understand how it works. I renewed my AP on NYE 2020, so I didn’t pay too much attention to the prices. Looking at the new system seems very confusing and expensive. Also, if a child’s ticket is only +/-8 dollars difference from an adults ticket, Then I legitimately don’t understand why they keep it.
      Last edited by Goldendreamer; 04-09-2021, 03:05 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Goldendreamer View Post
        Now that Disney has released the ticket pricing tiers, I’m curious to know how many people are still going to go. If you were a passholder (even Pre-legacy) will you go or wait until the new pass offerings are released? I’m torn because it’s so expensive and (I feel) too early to tell how people will respond until after the initial surge.
        I'm waiting. It looks like the only "new" thing will be "Snow White's Enchanted Wish" and the "new magic" for the Haunted Mansion, which I'm not expecting will be anything that major. Also, I've always had a pass that includes parking and don't like the idea of having to pay for that separately. Meanwhile, i was able to renew my Premiere Pass for a WDW Platinum Pass, so I'll get my fix that way, and wait to see what "memberships" Disneyland offers.

        Comment


        • #5
          We might go back maybe once for a special occasion but will likely wait after that. We have 4 Families who are friends of ours and are now LP's, One is willing to go via ticket if that is the only option but sparingly while the other 3 are all waiting for a new Membership/AP and one of the three will never go back unless they can do a pass of some sort.

          I do find it interesting that depending on the day a 2-Day 1-Park is $235 while a 1or 2 tier Single day is less than half so you could buy two single days for less than the price of the 2 day and not have the need to visit so close together.

          $124 for a single person does not seem like that much for what you get but $600 for a family of four just to get in the gate is a tough sell for many that I have been talking to. There are a LOT of other options for a family of four in SoCal to do with $600 versus the options for a single person at $124. My single none parent friends are not as shocked and are more willing to go than my friends with families for example. If those that disliked the Disney clubs think the new ticket only system will cut down on the clubs I have some news for you it will likely do the opposite and the clubs will continue to go they are highly compromised of younger often single people. What you will see less of is families.

          Comment


          • #6
            My apologies for being dense here, but the Tier system (1-5), is that the projected crowd level for that day? I just wanna make sure I'm reading this right.

            So a 1 day, 1 park ticket on a projected slow day is $104 and the same for a busy day would be $154?
            "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Goldendreamer View Post
              You’re right, I just don’t understand how it works. I renewed my AP on NYE 2020, so I didn’t pay too much attention to the prices. Looking at the new system seems very confusing and expensive. Also, if a child’s ticket is only +/-8 dollars difference from an adults ticket, Then I legitimately don’t understand why they keep it.
              I think many people might agree (including myself a little bit). Depending on if these requirements stretch, I might visit at least once later in the summer (July/August), and opt for the one-day ticket to DCA (sue me!) I'll be fully vaccinated, and if things are looking up, it would be a nice summer treat. Other than that, will probably refrain from visiting again until the new membership options are revealed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                It appears to be the same prices as early 2020, or am I wrong?
                Your right ....I find that surprising still !
                Give them time....I sure they rise the price by this summer.......

                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                Comment


                • #9
                  now you all get to know how it feels to be an out of town visitor that goes for 1-5 days
                  Trips coming up:

                  May 22-26th
                  July 13th-18th
                  November 19th-25th

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                    now you all get to know how it feels to be an out of town visitor that goes for 1-5 days
                    No I won’t because I don’t have to waste money on travel like an out of towner.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                      now you all get to know how it feels to be an out of town visitor that goes for 1-5 days
                      Exactly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                        now you all get to know how it feels to be an out of town visitor that goes for 1-5 days
                        To quote the Mickey and Friends Tram, "If you have more time to spend, multi-day tickets (and annual passes) are an especially good value."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm a legacy AP and had saved up about the cost of a new Flex Pass in gift cards expecting to renew last year before COVID hit. I can't see myself dipping into that for even a single day or two when new membership level is announced. I already thought prices were too high unless you were getting good value with upgrading to an AP given all the offerings available.

                          Add the fact that there are just so many things like rides, restaurants, and shows are still closed or not offered in the parks, and I don't see myself going until most of those are back.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It’s only $154 dollars for one day. I think that’s reasonable compared to $75 for the other park with no attractions. Even a 5 day ticket with park hopper at $415 isn’t that bad. With those savings you could easily use a couple of those days, make a reservation and only drop in for just the evening like old times.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                              My apologies for being dense here, but the Tier system (1-5), is that the projected crowd level for that day? I just wanna make sure I'm reading this right.

                              So a 1 day, 1 park ticket on a projected slow day is $104 and the same for a busy day would be $154?
                              You are correct.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Has anyone been able to find the info on how soon you would need to use the remaining days on your ticket if you buy a multi-day ticket? I believe in years past they all had to be used like within a week or so of the first visit but am not certain exactly what it was or will be going forward and can;t seem to the find the info on this?

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                  Has anyone been able to find the info on how soon you would need to use the remaining days on your ticket if you buy a multi-day ticket? I believe in years past they all had to be used like within a week or so of the first visit but am not certain exactly what it was or will be going forward and can;t seem to the find the info on this?
                                  That Good Question.......specially with this reservation system........
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                    Has anyone been able to find the info on how soon you would need to use the remaining days on your ticket if you buy a multi-day ticket? I believe in years past they all had to be used like within a week or so of the first visit but am not certain exactly what it was or will be going forward and can;t seem to the find the info on this?
                                    I believe it is the standard 13 days from first use rule. I just don’t know how that will work if you can’t get all the days you want at once.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Goldendreamer View Post

                                      I believe it is the standard 13 days from first use rule. I just don’t know how that will work if you can’t get all the days you want at once.
                                      Exactly, if you buy a multi-day will it put you into a bucket that guarantees your ability to reserve any date from that first day for the next 13?

                                      If they did allow a longer usage window it would possibly create an issue for them when/if they go back the 13 day limit. I would love to see them extend the need to use by date to say 3 months or 6 months even might make it worth it for many LP'ers. Almost like a stop gap AP in some ways.

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X