Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video The Reawakening Of Sleeping Beauty Castle

From the Disney Parks blog just yesterday evening.

Enjoy a special moment as the Disneyland Resort prepares for a historic week welcoming back theme park guests after our long closure.

In the video below, watch as we go inside the gates of Disneyland park and reawaken its unique magic that our guests and cast have dearly missed over the last year. In this heartfelt presentation, Josh D’Amaro, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort share messages of optimism and gratitude to the cast members of the Disneyland Resort.

After more than a year of closure, we are pleased to provide a glimpse of a shining symbol, awakened: Sleeping Beauty Castle in the heart of Disneyland. It is our wish that it may represent a beacon of hope for Disney fans everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3HYqmbo90

I'm not crying. :')

Very well done video. I can't imagine becoming President of Disneyland while its closed, that has got to be some of the worst timing ever. I'm glad the magic is returning to Southern California.
    Brian the Pooh

Comment

Nice video/tribute to Walt (and thanks for When You Wish Upon a Star) -- but why do the two Ambassadors have gray business suits like everyday executives? Did they do away with the traditional/theatrical plaid costumes? (I miss the Horsemasters/riding crop look).

Comment

Brings a tear to my eye...

Comment

Those two first executives in video has ruin the the whole vibe for me. They don’t really care when it was scripted and lack emotional ties to their business. I could NOT stand the how first executive using his hand gestures...there like typical sales people pitching a presentation of selling a product!

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
            Those two first executives in video has ruin the the whole vibe for me. They don’t really care when it was scripted and lack emotional ties to their business. I could NOT stand the how first executive using his hand gestures...there like typical sales people pitching a presentation of selling a product!
            That style of behavior is SOP in-house. It's like wearing an ID badge that says "Upwardly Mobile Generic Corporate Executive."
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Yeah, I should have included a timestamp for just the lighting... 😳I skipped the executive mumbo jumbo. Sorry guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                Yeah, I should have included a timestamp for just the lighting... 😳I skipped the executive mumbo jumbo. Sorry guys!
                I did too. At 10 seconds a pop.

Once I saw them in front of SBC, I stopped skipping. The castle was dark, but knew what was coming.

I was glad that it had a nice mellow look to the castle, no projections or flashy flashes. I really liked the handful of twinkles. It was lit up with respect (I can't think of a better term at the moment). This made my day.

As part of a Public Service Announcement...
                Guardians Of The Galaxy
                Mission: Breakout
                ...is abbreviated like this
                GOTG M:B
                The colon is placed after the "M", not before it.
                That is all. 😉

Comment

LOL! I thought I was the only one skipping the spin by the execs. I pretty much went right to the castle sequence. I've have worked with marketing dept. for most of my career and I have heard every synergistic spin word in the book enough to choke a whale.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                    Could have been worse. It could have been Chapek.

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...83#post8609283
                    Last edited by stovk; 04-29-2021, 12:33 AM.
                    “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                    WDW Trips: '81
                    EPCOT Trips: '93
                    Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

This was a moving moment for me. But I expected all the negative responses to it. Pathetic! Disney could find a cure for cancer and people would complain.
                      Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 04-30-2021, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Notwithstanding the hyperbole of Disney's defenders (Disney would never seek to develop a cure for cancer, as it doesn't fit their Profits-This-Quarter mindset), the self-absorbed executive spin on that video was pretty pathetic.

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        LOL! I thought I was the only one skipping the spin by the execs. I pretty much went right to the castle sequence. I've have worked with marketing dept. for most of my career and I have heard every synergistic spin word in the book enough to choke a whale.
                        Originally posted by stovk View Post
                        Could have been worse. It could have been Chapek.

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...83#post8609283
                        Bingo x 2.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

What's with all the flash bulbs? Looks like the crowd at a Super Bowl halftime show. Why does a castle need to "sparkle?"

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                            What's with all the flash bulbs? Looks like the crowd at a Super Bowl halftime show. Why does a castle need to "sparkle?"
                            I wonder if it is to give it the same appearance as it has when crowds are in the parks and photographing it every 20 seconds.? They do not have all the guests flashes to trigger the reflections so they put in their own to give it a lil life.
                            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X