Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video POV: Snow White’s Enchanted Wish at Disneyland

Bringing some positivity and wonder to the threads this morning!

SPOILER WARNING: THIS IS A POV VIDEO OF THE WHOLE RIDE! Brought to you by Micechat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBHuEyxVTTw

Further thoughts that are kinda non-spoiler-y? ––

Positive: Well, the ending is beautiful! Miss Queen is still peeking out of her curtain outside.

Negative: I'm going to miss the jumpscares. Maybe too many screens/projections for my liking? I suppose that can be judged by riding in person. Also, I will miss the golden apple outside of the queue.

Comment

Nice job! - Still some scary parts - lovely ending/music. Projections add a lot of life. Glad the Queen is still present - don't really miss the forest scenes much. (Liked the previous exterior dungeon better than bedroom though). Very relieved!!! : )

Comment

Normally I like to experience new attractions in person first, but curiosity got the best of me. The new loading area looks fantastic and I'm relieved they kept the scariest part of the attraction (with this disguise I'll fool them all!). It seems like an abrupt transition from the witch to Snow White, but I won't know for sure until I ride it. It will take a while to get used to screens throughout the ride, I'm not a big fan of this trend. I will also miss the creepy forest scene, which gave the attraction a unique flavor compared to the other Fantasyland rides. Overall it looks good, and I'm glad this opening day attraction will exist for many more years.
        Brian the Pooh

Comment

Looks like some good improvements but still some instances where it looks like an animatronic wasn't working ( crow in one scene etc. ) Also glad to see a more coherent storyline but still feels so rushed as if the ride was running too fast.
          Last edited by Starcade; 04-27-2021, 01:25 PM.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Projected FX are fine, but projections of fully-animated film characters alongside limited-movement AAs of the same characters doesn't work for me. It's as jarring as cutting from traditional cel animation to stop-motion puppets of the same characters in the same piece of film. They're not from the same world.
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              Projected FX are fine, but projections of fully-animated film characters alongside limited-movement AAs of the same characters doesn't work for me. It's as jarring as cutting from traditional cel animation to stop-motion puppets of the same characters in the same piece of film. They're not from the same world.
              That's a good analogy. The Fantasyland rides used to have a cohesive style, but they're kind of mismatched now. At least the new animatronics aren't as high tech as the ones on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
              Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 04-27-2021, 04:32 PM.
              Brian the Pooh

Comment

If that the case......I would have Issue as well
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm pretty miffed about the loss of the Haunted Forest sequence.
                  Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

My only complaint here is that mirror shattering, which is a little theme/scale breaking for me. Everything else feels well-executed and on par with other Fantasyland dark rides, which as they come all have some ways they can be plussed. If any of you are interested in reading further about the redo, check out this interview with Dave Caranci at WDI from Theme Park Insider.

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                    I'm pretty miffed about the loss of the Haunted Forest sequence.
                    I'll miss the skeletons myself, but I can't say I'm surprised this is the way they went.

Comment

I miss the "scary" parts obviously (and the hologram apple lol), but they made use of the room they had to get the story across and have an actual ending, which honestly, the end scenes had that classic Disney magic to them that I love about the Fantasyland dark rides. I still think "Snow White's Enchanted Wish" is a generic sounding name, if they were gonna take away the scary aspect and just do a straight retelling of the story, they may as well have just called it "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". I know they wanna keep in theme with things like "Peter Pan's Flight" and "Pinocchio's Daring Journey", but we already have "Alice in Wonderland" as a "just call it the movie" precedent.
                      "Have I gone mad?"
                      "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Only on Micechat can you find people who didn't like this update.

I love it and think it all looks great, this version of the ride is by far the best version we have for snow white. The Forest will be missed but the rest its just nickpicking overhaul the ride finally has a real ending and its really nice to look at. For how they used the space and lighting effects to make the space feel bigger, 10/10. Good job disney hope we see more rides like this getting updated
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                          That's not true. Some of us are also on Tumblr.

Comment

I love it and think it all looks great
                            , this version of the ride is by far the best version we have for snow white. The Forest will be missed but the rest its just nickpicking overhaul the ride finally has a real ending and its really nice to look at. For how they used the space and lighting effects to make the space feel bigger, 10/10. Good job disney hope we see more rides like this getting updated
                            Bashing the forum that hosts your posts because some members have a different opinion than yours is really lame.
                            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Granted, it's not saying very much to observe that people who are emotionally invested enough in old Disney theme park attractions to be critical when those attractions are remodeled are more likely to be found on Disney theme park discussion forms...

Comment

Not gonna watch (to avoid spoilers), but it sounds like reaction ranges from "entirely good" to "nitpicky complaints/not nearly as bad as it could have been," which is awesome! Glad to get some good news for a change, and am excited to check it out when possible.

Comment

I love it, can’t wait to experience it in person on the 19th of May!
                                  Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Bashing the forum that hosts your posts because some members have a different opinion than yours is really lame.
                                    Its just the same thing

Old is good...i hate new...new sucks

I'm just tired of it. This version is really good and if YOU don't like it fine but people are stating it like its fact when its really just "i grew up with X version of the ride" so there for its better
                                    The mine is 100% an upgrade, the ending is so much fun. What kid isn't going to love it?

Please go into detail on how this version is worst because some skeleton is missing

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                                    Granted, it's not saying very much to observe that people who are emotionally invested enough in old Disney theme park attractions to be critical when those attractions are remodeled are more likely to be found on Disney theme park discussion forms...
                                    Thats my point....everytime its new is bad. I remember the arguments about SW and Marvel being added to Disneyland....some fans just refuse to grow with the company and live in some false perfect past where only Walt had good ideas
                                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It's just the same thing

Old is good...I hate new...new sucks

I'm just tired of it. This version is really good and if YOU don't like it fine but people are stating it like its fact when it really just "I grew up with X version of the ride" so therefor its better
                                      The mine is 100% an upgrade, the ending is so much fun. What kid isn't going to love it?

Please go into detail on how this version is worst because some skeleton is missing
                                      I don't think many of us are bashing the changes? I think we're just lamenting what we'll miss.

I think we all agree the story makes a lot more sense. It's fast, but it makes sense, and that "Happily Ever After" book at the end is not as jarring as before.

Comment

Thats my point....everytime its new is bad. I remember the arguments about SW and Marvel being added to Disneyland....some fans just refuse to grow with the company and live in some false perfect past where only Walt had good ideas
                                        You, on the other hand, seem to have missed my point entirely.

The reason why people on Micechat seem more negative about changes to the park than people on the rest of the internet is that people on Micechat care enough about the park to examine things with a critical eye. "Only the people who care about the place will be sad that it's changing" is not the mic-drop moment you seem to think it is.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X