Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Starting Park

Good morning all. Our family is very excited to surprise our 11-year-old with a trip to Disneyland the day after she graduates 5th grade. She likes California Adventure more so we have two days starting at DCA and one day at Disneyland. However, I am getting nervous that will only have one morning attempt at Rise of the Resistance. Can we change the starting park on our reservation? Thank you for your help!

We may not be the right folks to ask if the starting park can be changed. I would assume you'd need to contact Disney's customer service for help with that. I would like to imagine that if you simply give them your information and that you'd like to switch parks, that they could do that for you on their end. They've helped me with what seems like more difficult issues.

In regards to Rise of the Resistance, here are some things to note; you don't have to be in the park to try and get a boarding group anymore. All you need to do is link your tickets in the app and the app will recognize if you have a valid park admission/reservation for Disneyland that day. If you do, you can try to get a boarding group from anywhere, right at 7am. Also, you will have a second shot (if you fail the first time) at noon.

In case of failure to obtain, I would downplay or hardly mention Rise to your little one at all. Just in case the worst should happen. -and if you do fail at both attempts, I don't think there's any harm in at least trying to work something out with City Hall. Simply explain your situation, do so kindly (without anger or aggression) and maybe mention your little one. You never know what "magic" they might be able to work out for you. Never hurts to try.
    "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

doubt it, but worth a 5 hour phone call wait to the resort and find out

Comment

The only way it could maybe happen would be if, on the day(s) you want to switch, there are still park hoppers available with Disneyland as the first park.

Comment

It's worth a shot to try and ask. I was able to get a ticket booth Cast Member to actually change the starting date of the annual passes I purchased for my wife and I (by having it start later than intended back in 2020 before COVID). It was a little bit of a wait but they were able to do it so I see no reason why this wouldn't be worth a shot, if OP asks nicely enough.
          "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X