X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Trolls Universal Studios

This is too funny
    Per Cinema Blend:

The worst kept secret in theme parks in the last couple years was the Jurassic World Velocicoaster, a new roller coaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure that the park didn't confirm was being built for months despite the fact that a massive roller coaster was being constructed where everybody could see. Now that Disneyland is about to reopen, people are very close to seeing its own massive new attraction, the west coast version of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. But Disneyland is apparently going to pretend its not really there, going so far as to add a massive sign telling you it's not really there.
    Additional picture in the next post.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-29-2021, 02:16 PM.

EDIT: Screenshot of the sign

Got to love the department of Implausible Deniability.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-29-2021, 02:16 PM. Reason: Removed bad link; I couldn't remove the link function, so I just plugged in Micechat's webaddress for fun

Comment

what I love most about this is that it is totally on brand for Toon Town to have a sign like that. I don't know if they are actually trolling Universal, I just think it is 100% on brand for Toons to have a sign like that on the huge building right in your face.
      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
      July 13th-18th
      November 19th-25th

Comment

They do need to make "Mickey Toon Town" better than it is.......
        Sign is funny...........a knock to Universal's or not ? imo
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I... Actually love this. Leaning right into the curve seems to be the best way to avoid the obvious complaints they would have ballenedy if they put up a scrim.

Comment

Is that Mickey's desert-dwelling brother Spike on that sign? (Peanuts reference.)

Comment

I think this is cleaver and in no way a shot at Universal
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

If I would see this sign, I honestly would forget about what's behind it and laugh at the sign. Very Disney-like move. Lol. Pretty funny stuff.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

That’s… actually pretty ingenious. Gets the curiosity piqued of those who don’t know what it is while totally in line with theme of the land. Having both of them in hard hats while mentioning the Department of Implausible Deniability is their way of saying something big is coming in a very Toontown manner without actually having to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                      what I love most about this is that it is totally on brand for Toon Town to have a sign like that. I don't know if they are actually trolling Universal, I just think it is 100% on brand for Toons to have a sign like that on the huge building right in your face.
                      Agreed, I don't think it is trolling Universal at all. Just a creative sign for this massive building going up. Trolling was when USH tweeted about them loving their pass holders after DL got rid of their AP program.
                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X