Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Music For Avengers Campus

So, now with the theme parks back open in California, I was listening to theme park area music loops, and thinking:
    What type of music will we hear in Avengers Campus?
    Nothing (just sounds like in Star Wars-Galaxy's Edge.)
    Could we hear song feature through Spider-Man films?

The only ones I can think of right now are Blitzkrieg Pop and superhero themes. Such as the Avenger Theme as well as the Spider-Man theme song.

Any thoughts?
    2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
    Soarin' Over California
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Grizzly River Run
    California Screamin'
    Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
    Grizzly River Run
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Incredicoaster

personally, I want to only be hearing the scores/themes and nothing with lyrics. They definitely have enough to work with at this point. Also, I kind of hope that the music in the loop could signal which hero is coming out at that time, so you'd hear the Spider-Man theme when the stuntronic is out, or the Black Panther theme when he is coming out, etc.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

I could see them going in the song direction, but I think California Adventure already does that enough; Pixar Pier and Cars Land are always playing songs, as is Buena Vista Street and Grizzly Peak during the holidays. I would prefer some subtle music, perhaps with the Avengers theme music incorporated in.

Also, I don't think I noticed until you mentioned it that Galaxy's Edge has no background music. I always knew something felt different about that land, but I couldn't pinpoint what exactly.
      Brian the Pooh

Comment

The possible music:
        1. The Avengers Theme(Full or Abbreviated like recent films or promotion)
        2. Portals from Avengers Endgame
        3. MCU rendition of the Spider-man theme song*
        4. Black Sabbath's Iron Man Song**
        5. Hooked on a Feeling-Guardians of the Galaxy**
        6. Ant-Man Theme-Ant Man
        7. Dr. Strange's theme-Dr. Strange
        8. Black Panther Theme-Black Panther
        I could see them playing "It Was Agatha All Along" from WandaVision during DCA's Oogie Boogie Bash.

*May be owned by Sony
        **Requires possible licensing

Comment

Money, money, money......by any of the various artists who performed it...........lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
            The possible music:
            1. The Avengers Theme(Full or Abbreviated like recent films or promotion)
            2. Portals from Avengers Endgame
            3. MCU rendition of the Spider-man theme song*
            4. Black Sabbath's Iron Man Song**
            5. Hooked on a Feeling-Guardians of the Galaxy**
            6. Ant-Man Theme-Ant Man
            7. Dr. Strange's theme-Dr. Strange
            8. Black Panther Theme-Black Panther
            I could see them playing "It Was Agatha All Along" from WandaVision during DCA's Oogie Boogie Bash.

*May be owned by Sony
            **Requires possible licensing
            I don't think Sony would own the music because 1) it was a co-production, 2) it was an orchestrated version of the classic Spider-Man animated show theme, which they also did street peformer renditions in the Sam Raimi trilogy.
            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
            July 13th-18th
            November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
              personally, I want to only be hearing the scores/themes and nothing with lyrics. They definitely have enough to work with at this point. Also, I kind of hope that the music in the loop could signal which hero is coming out at that time, so you'd hear the Spider-Man theme when the stuntronic is out, or the Black Panther theme when he is coming out, etc.
              This is exactly what I predict they'll do. Instrumentals seem to be the rule for area loops unless they're going for a specific "listening to the radio" style effect (e.g. Jungle Cruise and Indy queues, Mission Breakout, etc.). Besides which, loops composed of MCU film score pieces already exist; they were used for various iterations of the Summer of Heroes in Hollywood Land. There is no reason whatsoever not to simply re-use one of these.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X