Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DL & DCA Tips?

Hello fellow micechatters! Does anyone have any tips or advice on trying to use mobile ordering, trying to rsvp at either parks, or a specific time to arrive? I'm going in 3 weeks and starting off at DCA and I can't seem to find any helpful information. If someone or anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
    Hello fellow micechatters! Does anyone have any tips or advice on trying to use mobile ordering, trying to rsvp at either parks, or a specific time to arrive? I'm going in 3 weeks and starting off at DCA and I can't seem to find any helpful information. If someone or anyone could help, I greatly appreciated
    Do all your mobile ordering after 7am. Don't wait until you are hungry to try to place an order. For example, let's say it's noon, you're hungry, and you want lunch at Stage Door Cafe. You try to start the order at noon, but it might tell you no times are available for two hours, or even more. This means you would not be able to eat until at least 2. I know it's a pain to try to figure out at 7 when you're going to be hungry during the day, but ordering early is the best way to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Do all your mobile ordering after 7am.
      Thank you so much for the reply! I will only assume this goes for drinks (alcohol) at DCA too. . Question: do you recommend showing up earlier than usual? You stated to make the mobile rsvp's after 7am. Both parks open at 9 am. Or how does that work?
      Last edited by Mr_IvanStark; 05-05-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post

Thank you so much for the reply! I will only assume this goes for drinks (alcohol) at DCA too. . Question: do you recommend showing up earlier than usual? You stated to make the mobile rsvp's after 7am. Both parks open at 9 am. Or how does that work?
        Both the parking structure and Harbor Blvd security open around 8:30. If you get in line on Harbor earlier than 8:30 you will have to wait across the street. If you get to the parking garage you will just be waiting in your car until 8:30. You don't need to be anywhere on property to do mobile ordering or to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group. You can do that anywhere with internet access as long as you have a ticket and reservation for that day. I recommend doing all your mobile ordering as soon as it goes live for the day. This includes getting treats from the Adorable Snowman booth and mint juleps at the Mint Julep Bar.

There is an exception to the mobile ordering rule. If you plan on eating at a high-capacity restaurant near closing, there's a chance that you can do mobile ordering at that time without waiting. On Saturday the 1st I saw there was no line at the Galactic Grill and I did a mobile order around 6. So, it's possible to do it without waiting, but I wouldn't try it during lunch hours.

Comment

One mobile ordering tip I have is yes, do order everything you care to plan for early, but you can also change your pick-up time! So I had a Plaza Inn order at about 6pm, but I was getting hungry. I found that you could actually modify your time, so I was able to pick up my food earlier as long as the time was available.

Comment

Originally posted by vroomichael View Post
            One mobile ordering tip
            Awesome! Thank you. What about ordering drinks in DCA? Would that be any different? And on the day I’m going, can I do that from home or do I have to be in the theme park or close to it? Sorry for all these dumb questions.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X