Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers Campus soft opening?

Does anyone know if a soft opening of any sort is happening? I am visiting on the 19th and would be ecstatic if I can get ANYTHING in the land open. Anyone heard anything?
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

considering that APs don't exist, I wouldn't expect any previews for anyone other than maybe CMs
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

Only Cast Member previews. I've already done the "test and adjust" back in early March.

Comment

Honestly I just want the Shawarma cart to be open
        I have a dream
        A song to sing
        To help me cope
        Trough everything

If you see the wonder
        of a FairyTale
        You can take the future
        even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
        Something good in everything I see
        I believe in Angels
        When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

I'm sad because I was apart of the cp last year where were supposed to be able to attend Avengers Campus during the soft opening and all cast members would have been able to sign their name on something that'd signify our contribution to the parks when that land opened. I was so excited for that but sadly, can't add my name to Disney history (obviously not Disney's fault, but still).

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
            I'm sad because I was apart of the cp last year where were supposed to be able to attend Avengers Campus during the soft opening and all cast members would have been able to sign their name on something that'd signify our contribution to the parks when that land opened. I was so excited for that but sadly, can't add my name to Disney history (obviously not Disney's fault, but still).
            I'll be doing that. Maybe I'll scribble your micechatter name on it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
              considering that APs don't exist, I wouldn't expect any previews for anyone other than maybe CMs
              I don't think the OP is talking about a scheduled "preview" like what you're suggesting. I think they're just wondering if, on a day (or days) prior to the official opening, if they might just randomly open the land, and possibly the ride, to whatever guests happen to be in the park, with the usual signage about it being a "technical rehearsal" (and a chance to run the ride with guests from the "outside world"). It's a possibility, but with the reservation system running the way it does, it's a gamble. The one day when I could see this not happening would be the day before the official opening, as that will probably be a media day.

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                I mean what were you expecting?

See how this how works?

Of course you are sad and I’m sorry that’s a bummer. However, just as there are reasons for less options, there is an even bigger reason for its not opening. It’s OK to talk about it.

Comment

C33ers have a soft opening day there scheduled June 2, so there MAY be some legacy passholder opportunities announced.

Last edited by vnormth; 05-09-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Premier Passport APs still do exist. DLR never closed that one down with the rest of the APs.

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post
                      C33ers have a soft opening day there scheduled June 2, so there MAY be some legacy passholder opportunities announced.
                      I don't think there is such a thing as "scheduled soft opening". A soft opening is, I think by definition, not scheduled or announced. I think the OP is wondering if they might just randomly open the land to whomever happens to be in the park that day. But now we know that that will probably NOT be happening on June 2 (since that's been reserved for Club 33) and probably also not happening on June 3, since that will probably be a media day.
                      If they do an actual soft opening, it will probably be a lot more controlled then in the past, since you won't have passholders going on social media, texting, etc. about the opening, resulting in a huge rush on the same day.

Premier Passport APs still do exist. DLR never closed that one down with the rest of the APs.
                      No, they do not still exist. There is, at this time, no Premiere Passport. We were "sunsetted" with the rest of the Disneyland passports, but were given prorated refunds, and offered the opportunity to renew as WDW Platinum passes. I know because that's what I did.

Comment

Disney doesn't do soft openings anymore, they haven't for years.

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

No, they do not still exist. There is, at this time, no Premiere Passport. We were "sunsetted" with the rest of the Disneyland passports, but were given prorated refunds, and offered the opportunity to renew as WDW Platinum passes. I know because that's what I did.
                          Confirmed - I had to do, and did, the same.

Comment

The land is quite small. I don't think they would be able to accommodate former APs.

Comment

Hmmm... that's just not true ...must be for just C33ers then? I still use my Premier Passport AP for free parking, park entrance and merchandise discounts...three times since April 30 You may want to check with GS to see if you really had to surrender your Premier Passports since they were/are valid for Orlando. So to repeat: My Premier Passport AP continues to work just fine.

Comment

I don't think there is such a thing as "scheduled soft opening".
                                I'm just quoting what the promotional material we received called it. "Avenger's Campus Soft Opening June 2" and we had to sign in to be among the first allowed to register.

Comment

Seems Disney should save any real media push on the land to later in the Summer when they have the space for more guests. Plus it is so small there really isn’t much meat on that bone, press would be likely more interested in the protocols put in, Cast Member issues, limitations on various things etc. One new ride, a restaurant and a retail store is not that big a deal to the none hardcore Marvel fans.
                                  Last edited by Starcade; 05-13-2021, 08:15 AM.
                                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

There will be four days of soft openings the last week in May for "select" CMs. They can also bring three guests with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHappyCM View Post
                                      There will be four days of soft openings the last week in May for "select" CMs. They can also bring three guests with them.
                                      is it bad that I really hope none of the vloggers get in this time like they did during the CM previews of DL reopening?
                                      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                                      July 13th-18th
                                      November 19th-25th

Comment

is it bad that I really hope none of the vloggers get in this time like they did during the CM previews of DL reopening?
                                        Maybe they'll ban photos or video like they did with Galaxy's Edge.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X