Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Alternative Parking

I am super excited because after 3 years we are going to FINALLY be going back. We have our tickets, day is reserved and almost everything is planned (which means it will all go wrong the night before

We are thinking about using the parking at The Anaheim hotel and wonder if anyone has any feedback on it. I looked through a lot of posts and didn't really see where anyone mentions it. Obviously we are planning on getting there early so I mostly want to know if it fills up fast. My knees are going to appreciate any steps I will be able to save that day.
    sigpic

The LONG-short of it is this.

The Anaheim is a bit-o-walk away, but around the same distance if you were walk from the main mickey &Pixar parking structures, so around 3/4-1 mile I believe?

Alternative options would be staying at any of the near hotels and then using the ART buses, which you can ride all day, arriving and leaving Disney, for $6 a person. Good for single or couples, not so great for any group more than 4.

One option I've seen is people dropping their families off at the resort, parking at ARTic for free, and paying $6 for the bus to get themselves to and back to the resort.

Bonus info, but, to my knowledge, parking becomes "free" at the structures once DCA closes, or at least 2 hours before DL closes. So you could find alternative parking during the day, and then park your car at the structures at the end of the day so you have access to the tram back to your car when it REALLY matters.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
      The LONG-short of it is this.

The Anaheim is a bit-o-walk away, but around the same distance if you were walk from the main mickey &Pixar parking structures, so around 3/4-1 mile I believe?

Alternative options would be staying at any of the near hotels and then using the ART buses, which you can ride all day, arriving and leaving Disney, for $6 a person. Good for single or couples, not so great for any group more than 4.

One option I've seen is people dropping their families off at the resort, parking at ARTic for free, and paying $6 for the bus to get themselves to and back to the resort.

Bonus info, but, to my knowledge, parking becomes "free" at the structures once DCA closes, or at least 2 hours before DL closes. So you could find alternative parking during the day, and then park your car at the structures at the end of the day
      so you have access to the tram back to your car when it REALLY matters.
      Trams unfortunately are not running due to Covid regulations. Guests park at Mickey and Friends/Pixar but walk the entire tram route to the parks. But I think the tram walk is shorter than walking from a nearby hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHappyCM View Post

Trams unfortunately are not running due to Covid regulations. Guests park at Mickey and Friends/Pixar but walk the entire tram route to the parks. But I think the tram walk is shorter than walking from a nearby hotel.
        Si. I had written the original reply not knowing if the OP was intending to go "soon" or sometime after disney intends to resume "regular" operations when possible. As of this moment, the last section is entirely bunk, as the trams are mothballed, and the parkinglot "after 10 pm" trick definitely dead so long as both parks close at 7 in the evening.

Comment

I'm interested in parking for 2 or 3 hours to go to Downtown Disney.

I read from an online source I don't fully trust that the Anaheim Hilton & Garden Walk both have less expensive parking than Disney,
          and there's the hotel promoted on Micechat with a parking deal--The Anaheim Hotel, right? How does one get the deal? How much is it and what exactly should I say--"Micechat sent me?" Or "Dusty Demands a Deal?"

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            I'm interested in parking for 2 or 3 hours to go to Downtown Disney.

I read from an online source I don't fully trust that the Anaheim Hilton & Garden Walk both have less expensive parking than Disney,
            and there's the hotel promoted on Micechat with a parking deal--The Anaheim Hotel, right? How does one get the deal? How much is it and what exactly should I say--"Micechat sent me?" Or "Dusty Demands a Deal?"

Comment

Parked at the Anaheim Hotel yesterday (Tuesday, May 25). We arrived just after 7:00 am, and there were about 10 spots left. The lot only has about 100 spots (I would estimate) and they are also used for hotel guests. After I went to the front desk to pay, the lot was full. The cost with the flyer is $15; $35 without. Lots of people in line at the front desk were paying $35 (Thanks Mice Chat!). Park first, then bring the flier to the front desk. They will give you a pass to put on your dash. The walk is a bit less than if you were parking in the structure, plus you can stop at McD's for breakfast before crossing the street into the park. It worked great for us, but I would definitely get there no later than 7am...possibly earlier if it is a busier day or the weekend.

Comment

Parking at the Anaheim Hotel is great. Very close. And the hotel staff are very nice. I used it for Taste of Disney. The micechat deal is a bargain!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_48926.png
Views:	600
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	8638741
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 05-26-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

We ended up staying the night at the Anaheim Hotel before our park visit. They charge hotel guests $18 a night to park, and since I was parked behind the gates with the hotel guests, they told me just to leave my car there, charged me the additional $15 for park parking, and dated my parking pass accordingly. We left the hotel just past 7am and it was getting very full. But yes, they allow park parking. If you go, just drive in and park, then go to the lobby to get a parking pass. Best to be there before 7am. My niece drove in the same day, and parked at Mickey and friends and said it took her 45 min to park, then 20 min to walk. The walk from the Anaheim Hotel is about one city block and one street crossing. Have fun and good luck!

Comment

From reading this , ART is open and running??? As I recall from using it ages ago there are stops around the hotels in the resort area and eventually you get to Disneyland and they drop off and pick up to one side of the driveway where DLR buses enter and exit? Is memory serving me correctly? Also does anyone know if there is a stop in Convention circle where the Marriott and Hilton are?

Comment

Originally posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
                        From reading this , ART is open and running??? As I recall from using it ages ago there are stops around the hotels in the resort area and eventually you get to Disneyland and they drop off and pick up to one side of the driveway where DLR buses enter and exit? Is memory serving me correctly? Also does anyone know if there is a stop in Convention circle where the Marriott and Hilton are?
                        As of this previous Friday, may the 28th, The sports complex line, which starts at the transit center, does a small stop near Honda and Angel stadium, and then goes to Disney before stopping by the convention center on its way back around, seems to be running again. However, most of the other lines seem to either not be running, or have not been updated on the website. Because the line connecting Buena Park, Knott's Berry farm, and Disneyland, currently takes you back to the covid operations page on the bus services website.

Comment

As it relates to “alternative parking”, in order to avoid what sounds like a clusterf- at Mickey & Friends, i was thinking of parking in an open parking lot a mile or so south on Harbor and taking a Lyft or Uber to the East Hub entrance. Round trip with tip probably costs the same as the garage and involves less walking.
                          Anyone done this or have comments/insights? Historically Ive always parked at Mickey or Toy Story when doing a full day at the Parks.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalUW View Post
                            As it relates to “alternative parking”, in order to avoid what sounds like a clusterf- at Mickey & Friends, i was thinking of parking in an open parking lot a mile or so south on Harbor and taking a Lyft or Uber to the East Hub entrance. Round trip with tip probably costs the same as the garage and involves less walking.
                            Anyone done this or have comments/insights? Historically Ive always parked at Mickey or Toy Story when doing a full day at the Parks.

thanks!
                            I wouldn't attempt it at the moment. I've heard of people getting their cars ticketed and/or towed for all day parking even as far away as the Target on south harbor.

If you were to do it, I would suggest a mall or shopping center with 10+ major businesses, so IF you were to be parked for 6+ hours, it would appear suspicious.

However, as of this moment, the safest option still appears to be parking at ARTic center across the street from Honda stadium, buying a $6 all day ticket inside, and then riding the Sports Complex Line down to Disney where you will be dropped off at the east side bus entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post

I wouldn't attempt it at the moment. I've heard of people getting their cars ticketed and/or towed for all day parking even as far away as the Target on south harbor.

If you were to do it, I would suggest a mall or shopping center with 10+ major businesses, so IF you were to be parked for 6+ hours, it would appear suspicious.

However, as of this moment, the safest option still appears to be parking at ARTic center across the street from Honda stadium, buying a $6 all day ticket inside, and then riding the Sports Complex Line down to Disney where you will be dropped off at the east side bus entrance.
                              All the way down at the Target? Thanks, I’ll look in the ARTic parking. Wonder how often the transport comes to the Hub...?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalUW View Post

All the way down at the Target? Thanks, I’ll look in the ARTic parking. Wonder how often the transport comes to the Hub...?
                                Went back this evening just to double check my own advice. Based on what the art representative at the transit center said, the bus between DLR and Artic center runs, but by demand only. Seems I was lucky in previous weeks and arrived around similar time another group requested a pick up. This does confirm that the Sports Complex Line is running, but you have to call ahead. They didn't give an estimate for how long this would be the case.

Comment

I did this yesterday and there happened to be a bus available right away. How does the "on demand" system work? Do you ask at the information desk inside?
                                  Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

Originally posted by marqueemark View Post
                                    I did this yesterday and there happened to be a bus available right away. How does the "on demand" system work? Do you ask at the information desk inside?
                                    The person at the window seems to be able to call a bus, but, since they leave at about 4:30, I would assume you'd have to call the ART customer service line after 5.

Comment

Thanks this is so helpful!
                                      Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X