Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paradise Pier Hotel, GCH Restaurants Reopens June 15

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Paradise Pier Hotel, GCH Restaurants Reopens June 15

    Disney announced yesterday that Paradise Pier Hotel is reopening on June 15, along side the return of Napa Rose, Storytellers Cafe and the Grand Californian DCA Entryway on May 28th.

    PPH will NOT be serving food initially in the hotel. However, food can be order & delivered from Downtown Disney.

    What's also interesting, is that it appears PPH Guests will be allowed to use the GCH's DCA Entryway. The availability of this perk has been fluctuated in recent years for PPH and Disneyland Hotel Guests, after Disney expanded it's security bubble to included Downtown Disney.

    Now we are just waiting for DLH to return...
    Get ready to enjoy summer fun at the Disneyland Resort! As we continue the phased reopening of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, we are thrilled to announce Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen and welcome back guests starting June 15, 2021,
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 05-07-2021, 03:44 PM.

  • #2
    Yes...Open it up!! Good news

    Comment


    • #3
      Rooms starting in the Mid $300's range is that less then were charging Summer or Winter of 2019? Seems like they have lowered their pricing or am I just still so in shock by the rate raising at DGC over the past couple of years?
      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

      Comment


      • #4
        Darn, if it was opening just a few days sooner I could book to surprise hubby for his birthday. We don't my usually stay on property, so it'd have been nice for a trip just the two of us.

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by Starcade View Post
          Rooms starting in the Mid $300's range is that less then were charging Summer or Winter of 2019? Seems like they have lowered their pricing or am I just still so in shock by the rate raising at DGC over the past couple of years?
          When I stayed there early December of 2015, room rates were about $313 or $318 a night. So yes, they are low balling the numbers for now.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by whoever View Post

            Paradise Pier is typically uber cheap.
            It might have been at one time but $369 per night for many people is not "uber cheap" it's more than triple what other hotels in the immediate area are currently charging. You can stay on the other side of the parking lot across Katella from PP for $96 a night. Is it just as nice as Paradise Pier? Not likely but it's probably about 70% as nice at 30% the price and you can still have a magic morning if you have a multi-day ticket which I assume many people staying at local hotels are if they do not have AP's. Staying on site the last couple of years has lost some value as they have given away some of the perks that used to happen for DLR "residence" only while jacking rates.

            I enjoy staying on site even as a local but doing so at some of the rates these days makes me take pause.
            Last edited by Starcade; 05-08-2021, 05:32 PM.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Starcade View Post

              It might have been at one time but $369 per night for many people is not "uber cheap" it's more than triple what other hotels in the immediate area are currently charging. You can stay on the other side of the parking lot across Katella from PP for $96 a night. Is it just as nice as Paradise Pier? No But it is about 70% as nice at 50% the price and you can still have a magic morning if you have a multi-day ticket which I assume many people staying at local hotels are if they do not have AP's. Staying on site the last couple of years has lost some value as they have given away some of the perks that used to happen for DLR "residence"
              Magic Mornings are suspended at the moment.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                PPH will NOT be serving food initially in the hotel. However, food can be order & delivered from GCH to PPH guests.
                I'm imagining a CM rolling a cart of food from Storytellers across Disneyland Drive, haha. I think it's probably more likely only the DTD restaurants will be the ones delivering to the PPH lobby.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                  When I stayed there early December of 2015, room rates were about $313 or $318 a night. So yes, they are low balling the numbers for now.
                  I think last time we stayed there it was Fall 2018 maybe and I think it was like $439 per night and they upgraded us to a top floor view room for free because it was our twins birthday.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

                    I'm imagining a CM rolling a cart of food from Storytellers across Disneyland Drive, haha. I think it's probably more likely only the DTD restaurants will be the ones delivering to the PPH lobby.
                    Fixed.

                    Though, I slightly want to see the reaction of trying to order Napa Rose "To Go". JK!

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                      Magic Mornings are suspended at the moment.
                      Good to know but my point was it used to be only for onsite guests and around 2017/2018 some time they started allowing anyone with a Multi-Day in and gone was the hour of walk on's through out the park we'd often hit POTC, HM BTMRR and PeterPan in the first hour alone. Last time we stayed on site Magic Morning was just as crowded as 6pm. Curious to see how or if they bring that back when things open fully?
                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                        When I stayed there early December of 2015, room rates were about $313 or $318 a night. So yes, they are low balling the numbers for now.
                        I seem to recall last year there were rooms as low as $199?

                        I could be imagining things, but I was peeking and I recall PP being the lowest and almost going with it. In any case, the Disney Visa helps with a 15% discount (as someone who's had one since I was 16 and only began seeing its potential).

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                          I seem to recall last year there were rooms as low as $199?

                          I could be imagining things, but I was peeking and I recall PP being the lowest and almost going with it. In any case, the Disney Visa helps with a 15% discount (as someone who's had one since I was 16 and only began seeing its potential).
                          Granted, I did not book my 2015 tickets that far in advance; maybe 1 or 2 months. Also, the day I left the resort(December 4th) was the 1st night of the Candlelight Processional, which may explain why there was a spike in the price.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

                            I'm imagining a CM rolling a cart of food from Storytellers across Disneyland Drive, haha. I think it's probably more likely only the DTD restaurants will be the ones delivering to the PPH lobby.
                            Dang...I recall not sleeping well at Disneyland Hotel....because I heard food cart being roll around
                            most the night..................
                            (In fairness , that was before Disney took over the hotel)
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              I checked out the prices for a couple of dates at the Paradise Pier & was surprised at how expensive they were.
                              (So I agree with the start of Starcade's post #7 above --thanks-- & have seen even higher prices there.)
                              So instead we might spend a couple of nights at the Candy Cane (not open yet), HoJo's, the Hilton or Marriott
                              or ??? We might put this trip off till early Dec. or the 2-for-1 spring deals at the parks.

                              Please share the names of hotels near the park you've really liked & why you liked them.
                              I'm not interested in "cheap but good enough because you don't spend much time in the room" tips.
                              I'll search Micechat & other sites too.
                              Last edited by jcruise86; 05-08-2021, 09:40 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                In case anyone else tried for dining reservations (I’m eagerly awaiting the return of Napa Rose), they are not yet taking dining reservations. Disney will have another press release on Monday, May 10 with more details on making rezzies.

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                                  I checked out the prices for a couple of dates at the Paradise Pier & was surprised at how expensive they were.
                                  (So I agree with the start of Starcade's post #7 above --thanks-- & have seen even higher prices there.)
                                  So instead we might spend a couple of nights at the Candy Cane (not open yet), HoJo's, the Hilton or Marriott
                                  or ??? We might put this trip off till early Dec. or the 2-for-1 spring deals at the parks.

                                  Please share the names of hotels near the park you've really liked & why you liked them.
                                  I'm not interested in "cheap but good enough because you don't spend much time in the room" tips.
                                  I'll search Micechat & other sites too.
                                  Yea...so bummed and confused as to why Candy Cane Inn decided to do freakin refurbs when places are opening back up. What a missed opportunity and I sure do wish they were open instead of spending $600/night at DCGH.

                                  Comment

                                  Get Away Today Footer

                                  Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X