Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Halloween Party cancelled this fall??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Halloween Party cancelled this fall??

I'm reading Disney World won't have the Halloween Party this fall so that doesn't bode well for Disneyland. But I'm hearing Knott's is already selling Scary Farms tickets with their annual passes and it looks like Universal will have Horror Nights this fall as well. Will Disneyland miss an opportunity to make lots of money this fall on Halloween?

I think the most likely scenarios here are that Disney is being abundantly cautious compared to their competitors, shoot look at the local Disney Stores where they have been WAY more strict about mask use and social distancing than most other retail has been. And possibly that they are not positive when they'll be bringing back fireworks, world of color, and parades, let alone the character meet and greets, all of which are crucial to the Disney Halloween Party experience. What else do they have to offer, a couple attraction overlays that are still available regardless of a party, and treat trails. IMO, if they were confident they could run Frightfully Fun Parade, and either Halloween Screams or Villainous depending on which park they wanted to have the party in, then they would have announced wither Mickey's Halloween Party or Oogie Boogie Bash for this fall (I kind of hope that the 2 parties can alternate so that we get to experience everything we love about the parties from both parks, like if on even years it is in DL and odd years it is in DCA)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Comment

I'm sure we will have an event....it just wont have shows or anything that exclusive
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Perhaps we will see an event. But perhaps Disney is watching how summer will unfold.

Comment

Is the Boo Bash not the usual Halloween party? This was recently announced for WDW:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-disney-parks/

This Halloween season, a special event is brewing at Magic Kingdom Park. Float on over to Disney After Hours BOO BASH for a special three-hour event that begins when the Park closes! It’s going to be a ghostly good time! With party music, decorations and character cavalcades galore, guests young, old and immortal can dress in costume for the occasion and get their fill of Halloween candy, exclusive culinary offerings, spooktacular entertainment, favorite attractions, and more. Disney After Hours BOO BASH runs select nights August 10th through October 31st.

This doesn’t address plans for DLR, though.

Comment

It'll most likely be a toned down version due to them trying to recoup costs right now. I do see them having a special event though, and if masks are still required, make a costume around a mask like Darth Malgus or something else.

Comment

I'm hoping at least Haunted Mansion Holiday is cancelled this year because it cuts the operating time of the Haunted Mansion by half this year. Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie could use another year off.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                Is the Boo Bash not the usual Halloween party? This was recently announced for WDW:
                The Disneyland Resort's Halloween event was the Oogie Boogie Bash in DCA. I think DLR is waiting until after June 15th(when the tier system expires) and seeing if new guidelines are put in place. Or budget reasons may be an additional factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-disney-parks/

This Halloween season, a special event is brewing at Magic Kingdom Park. Float on over to Disney After Hours BOO BASH for a special three-hour event that begins when the Park closes! It’s going to be a ghostly good time! With party music, decorations and character cavalcades galore, guests young, old and immortal can dress in costume for the occasion and get their fill of Halloween candy, exclusive culinary offerings, spooktacular entertainment, favorite attractions, and more. Disney After Hours BOO BASH runs select nights August 10th through October 31st.

This doesn’t address plans for DLR, though.
                  No, the traditional party is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which would include special meet and greets, fireworks, Boo To You parade, and Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (off the top of my head), and it doesn't sound like guests should expect ANY of those offerings over in WDW this year.

And the fact that they didn't even mention Disneyland at all during the Halfway to Halloween teases makes me seriously doubt that we'll have any kind of hard ticketed event for Halloween this year.
                  Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                  July 13th-18th
                  November 19th-25th

Comment

To all of the above, I apologize. I've never spent Halloween at the parks and wrongly assumed Boo Bash was the norm without doing the proper research (it was late 😩)!

Comment

Disneyland's Halloween is looking bleak and it's really a let down. My family can tolerate wearing a mask and all the other restrictions and limitations but no Halloween party is a deal breaker. Today I cancelled our hotel and airfare. Hopefully this disaster will be all but a bad memory next year and things return to normal at Disneyland so we all can enjoy Disneyland like before all of this occurred.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X