Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guests staying on Harbor Blvd.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Guests staying on Harbor Blvd.

    I have an upcoming trip planned in June, and I am curious to hear about the experience of guests staying at the hotels on Harbor Blvd since the reopening. I don't know if it's true or not, but I had heard that guests staying on Harbor Blvd had to walk all the way around to join the queue at the tram route. Is that true?

  • #2
    I just got back from four days and we did not have to walk all the way around. I was in line by 7:30ish each day, so I'm not sure if that changes later in the day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Pyratgrrl View Post
      I have an upcoming trip planned in June, and I am curious to hear about the experience of guests staying at the hotels on Harbor Blvd since the reopening. I don't know if it's true or not, but I had heard that guests staying on Harbor Blvd had to walk all the way around to join the queue at the tram route. Is that true?
      I've seen a lot of folks actually recommending for people to avoid the Downtown Disney side of entry and go in via Harbor if they're able to secure parking over there as the lines are drastically lower.
      "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

      Comment


      • #4
        So, if Im staying at the DCGH...which way do I go, to experience this with the least amount of stress?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
          So, if Im staying at the DCGH...which way do I go, to experience this with the least amount of stress?
          Which hotel is DCGH?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Grand Gibson View Post

            Which hotel is DCGH?
            Sorry may have gotten the abbreviation wrong for the Disneys California Grand Hotel

            Comment


            • #7
              YeaDZNY If your staying at DGC then you would have no need to go out onto Harbor.
              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                YeaDZNY If your staying at DGC then you would have no need to go out onto Harbor.
                True...was just thinking from that general entry location. So which location would I be lining up at? Assuming its the dreaded Tram path...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

                  True...was just thinking from that general entry location. So which location would I be lining up at? Assuming its the dreaded Tram path...
                  If your staying at the DGC and they are doing the same as they did pre Covid ( which I assume they would continue because it make things easier for them ) You will have three basic options:

                  1. Exit the hotel toward the the front entrance that leads out toward paradise Pier ( this is only worth it if your parked across the way or need to go to PP.

                  2. Exit the Hotel into Downtown Disney between the Disney Dres Shop and Sephora they have a guest check point there and they will do all the screening there and once you're screened you're free to go to the Esplanade.

                  3. Exit via the guest entrance into DCA which has you enter the park across the the path from the Grizzly River Rapids entrance. This entrance is excellent to use minus at rope drop when their is a substantial line but at least it moved pretty fast. They will screen you and check tickets here. This is great if your going to DCS otherwise it's likely faster to go out through the DTD.

                  In years past they let anyone use all three of these exit entries When you stay at PP it makes things very convenient versus having to traverse all of the DTD, but I think I read they have since limited it to DGC hotel guests and you have to show a room key to use them now.
                  Last edited by Starcade; 05-11-2021, 02:53 PM.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Starcade View Post

                    If your staying at the DGC and they are doing the same as they did pre Covid ( which I assume they would continue because it make things easier for them ) You will have three basic options:

                    1. Exit the hotel toward the the front entrance that leads out toward paradise Pier ( this is only worth it if your paled across the way or need to go to PP.

                    2. Exit the Hotel into Downtown Disney between the Disney Dress shoppe and Sephora they have a guest check point there and they will do all the screening there and then your screened and are free to go to Esplanade.

                    3. Exit vie the guest entrance into DCA which has you enter the park across the the path from the Grizzly River Rapids entrance. This entrance is excellent to use minus at rope drop when their is a substantial line but at least it moved pretty fast. They will screen you and check tickets here. This is great if your going to DCS otherwise it's likely faster to go out through the DTD.

                    In years past they let anyone use all three of these exit entries When you stay at PP it makes things very convenient versus having to traverse all of the DTD, but I think I read they have since limited it to DGC hotel guests and you have to show a room key to use them now.
                    Yea was initially thinking exiting Downtown Disney location like you mentioned...good to know I can go straight to the Espalnade from there. Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                      I just got back from four days and we did not have to walk all the way around. I was in line by 7:30ish each day, so I'm not sure if that changes later in the day.
                      Awesome - that's great to hear!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

                        Yea was initially thinking exiting Downtown Disney location like you mentioned...good to know I can go straight to the Espalnade from there. Thanks
                        The great thing about the grand Californian is that you have your own security screening and it will move much faster. Enjoy your stay the Grand Californian is an amazing experience.
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

                          The great thing about the grand Californian is that you have your own security screening and it will move much faster. Enjoy your stay the Grand Californian is an amazing experience.
                          I will...thank you very much, cant wait!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have a trip coming up next weekend and I'm planning on parking at the M & F parking structure. What is the damage looking like from there?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                              I have a trip coming up next weekend and I'm planning on parking at the M & F parking structure. What is the damage looking like from there?
                              It’s going to likely take over an hour to get to the park from my experience arriving at 9 and 10 am on various days. All lanes to pay were open, but getting payment through takes longer than scanning a pass and thus, it is longer to just enter the structure than before*. Security and scanning were super quick. However the walk along the tram route does take some time.


                              The days I arrived at 11 am was easy and quick, but that is lost park time so it may not be ideal for those who want to maximize their time in the actual park.

                              *Tip: some lanes open up to even more pay lanes and thus go faster (the far right and the far left). There is another in the middle but I cannot say which one.

                              Comment

                              Get Away Today Footer

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X