Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] World of Color Question

Has anyone noticed that ever since Pixar Pier opened after someone "broke" World of Color, when they put the Mickey Face back on the Fun Wheel, it seems like they did it cheaper. When I see World of Color there is a blatantly obvious covering on the Mickey Mouse face. It looks like a piece of paper, quite honestly. Compared to before Pixar Pier, I did not notice this. (You can clearly see what I am referring to in YouTube videos, no need to see in person). I just feel the overall show has been downgraded. Disney is usually good at putting on a "good show." This is not that. It was, but not anymore. If you notice this, could you provide insight on the reasoning behind the way they went this route?

Update: After reviewing both videos, I have noticed that it used to cover Mickey's ears whereas now it does not. I knew there was something different.

Side note: After Pixar Pier opened, we noticed there seemed to be fewer fountains working. Did anyone else notice this too?

For the first part: Before Pixar Pier: https://youtu.be/KaTf4WSpMCY?t=66

Same show, after the opening of Pixar Pier: https://youtu.be/4VIgVvSHgv4?t=72
    2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
    Soarin' Over California
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Grizzly River Run
    California Screamin'
    Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
    Grizzly River Run
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Incredicoaster

It changed to a material suitable to be used as a projection scrim. Before they could not project onto it. Prior to that they were using a manually raised and lowered scrim for some shows (like the Christmas version).

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post
      It changed to a material suitable to be used as a projection scrim. Before they could not project onto it. Prior to that they were using a manually raised and lowered scrim for some shows (like the Christmas version).
      I see, so its similar to how they put a tarp up for Fantasmic a few years ago to add more projections. Upgrade to the show, downgrade to the setting. (I'm wondering how they put the scrim up there. Do they do it every night? I don't remember Mickey being covered in the past.)
      Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post
        Makes sense. It just doesn't look as good to me now as it did in 2017.
        2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
        Soarin' Over California
        Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
        Radiator Springs Racers
        Grizzly River Run
        California Screamin'
        Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
        Grizzly River Run
        Radiator Springs Racers
        Incredicoaster

Comment