Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Harbor Side Bag Check Procedure and Opening

Tomorrow (May 14th) I will be getting dropped off at the DLR. The plan is to be dropped off on the Harbor Blvd side. I've heard a lot of different things and they are mixed because procedures keep changing... I've heard some people say they make you like wait across the street until 8:30 AM, some say you can start filling in space on Disney property much earlier, etc. If we arrive at 7:45 AM, does anyone have a report of what we can expect? I've looked through other posts and videos and can't find much about entering on harbor side. Thanks!

I was there on the 12th. I parked at the Anaheim Hotel around 7 and walked on to Disney property. They don't make you line up across the street anymore. Let me get a pic from Google Earth and I will show you what to expect.

Comment

If I could piggyback off this poster's question, has anyone seen the buses running (especially on Harbor Blvd)?

Comment

The pic is far from perfect, but you will get the idea. The green box at the top is temp screening. The lineup starts where the yellow lines are from right to left. Once those areas fill up it wraps around on the right, which seems odd, but it works. They are letting hotel guests through security first, so even if you are first in line at M&F or Harbor, hotel guests are still going to beat you to the turnstiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
          If I could piggyback off this poster's question, has anyone seen the buses running (especially on Harbor Blvd)?
          Yes. I saw several ART buses shortly after 7:30.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Yes. I saw several ART buses shortly after 7:30.
            Yay! Thank you, Matt!

Comment

I think I know the answer, but I have not seen it confirmed are the Toy Story and Pumbaa lots still closed?
              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

PhotoMatt thank you! Very helpful. I don't care if I'm not THE FIRST at the turnstiles, I just don't want to get stuck in a 90-minute mickey and friends line and entrance experience. I'm still pinching myself that I"m actually going back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonius View Post
                  PhotoMatt thank you! Very helpful. I don't care if I'm not THE FIRST at the turnstiles, I just don't want to get stuck in a 90-minute mickey and friends line and entrance experience. I'm still pinching myself that I"m actually going back!!
                  Have fun, i hope it's perfect! We are all envious! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post

Have fun, i hope it's perfect! We are all envious! hahaha
                    Yea..the same here. 17-18th cant come soon enough

Comment

How did it go for you today, Brandonius? I'm headed to the park tomorrow (May 15th) and considering entering from the Harbor side as well. I am staying in a hotel off property, but hopefully using Uber or Lyft to ride over to the Harbor entrance. Thanks for the info, everyone!

Comment

Doing a quick attraction line glance (via the the app)....Geez at only 25% Capacity all the line waits make it look like a regular day...50m for Space, 45m for Mansion, 35 for Small World etc... What gives, as this doesnt add up to 25% capacity to me?

Can someone that has actually gone of recent...confirm these ride line waits, or am I flippin out over nothing. Thank you

Comment

I was there on Wednesday, and a posted 45 min POTC wait was actually less than 25. The line was really, really long, but that's because of all the social distancing space being used. It's also because they are not loading more than 2 parties per boat. If there are two single parties, then a boat will be dispatched with two people.

Park capacity is nowhere near 25 percent yet, despite what people might say. To be completely honest, when I saw all the people in the park I really thought they were cheating, but I told myself to chill and be rational. The fact is that if rides could operate normally and traditional queues could be used most rides would be walk-ons, and the park would feel deserted. They also have several rides still not operating. Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, and Buzz are some that I can think of right away. They also have to deal with the usual ride break downs.

Comment

I was there on Wednesday, and a posted 45 min POTC wait was actually less than 25. The line was really, really long, but that's because of all the social distancing space being used. It's also because they are not loading more than 2 parties per boat. If there are two single parties, then a boat will be dispatched with two people.

Park capacity is nowhere near 25 percent yet, despite what people might say. To be completely honest, when I saw all the people in the park I really thought they were cheating, but I told myself to chill and be rational. The fact is that if rides could operate normally and traditional queues could be used most rides would be walk-ons, and the park would feel deserted. They also have several rides still not operating. Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, and Buzz are some that I can think of right away. They also have to deal with the usual ride break downs.
                            Thank you for that info...as I guess it makes sense as to why they post ride lines for that long...but in reality (w/factors you mentioned) would be nice to assume that the line waits posted are a slight fabrication to the reality of the situation. Thank you and cant wait to stand in line :-)

Comment

Here's one more thing I forgot to add. Parts of the park will feel almost miserably crowded because the lines are so long (because of social distancing). Then, it will also appear more crowded because there are tables in places that used to not have them. Then again, there are areas that are nothing but a sea of strollers. It will be very easy to think that Disneyland is cheating and packing in way more than 25 percent. This is especially true in NOS. It's also easy to think Disney is cheating when the ROTR line goes all the way back to Hungry Bear.

If you see this and you get frustrated, go over to Tomorrowland (especially near the subs and Matterhorn). It will be nearly empty. It's there you can see that the park is nowhere near 25 percent capacity. You can decompress in areas like this and realize that the crowding is an illusion created by the social distancing and massively reduced capacity.

I think everyone here knows my stance on social distancing and mask wearing, but at this point I think Disneyland just needs to start going to 100 percent capacity on every ride that's open. They also need to start using the traditional queue space. You should still wear a mask in queues and on rides, but it's time to return to (mostly) normal. When I was in Anaheim last week you could go to the convention center without an appointment and get a vaccine. It's time to move on.

I'm planning on going back for two days in July. I'm certain they will be at least 35 percent capacity, but I also hope they relax their rules, too. Yes, I know it's not up to them, but I hope CA adjusts their guidelines by then.

Comment

Here's one more thing I forgot to add. Parts of the park will feel almost miserably crowded because the lines are so long (because of social distancing). Then, it will also appear more crowded because there are tables in places that used to not have them. Then again, there are areas that are nothing but a sea of strollers. It will be very easy to think that Disneyland is cheating and packing in way more than 25 percent. This is especially true in NOS. It's also easy to think Disney is cheating when the ROTR line goes all the way back to Hungry Bear.

If you see this and you get frustrated, go over to Tomorrowland (especially near the subs and Matterhorn). It will be nearly empty. It's there you can see that the park is nowhere near 25 percent capacity. You can decompress in areas like this and realize that the crowding is an illusion created by the social distancing and massively reduced capacity.

I think everyone here knows my stance on social distancing and mask wearing, but at this point I think Disneyland just needs to start going to 100 percent capacity on every ride that's open. They also need to start using the traditional queue space. You should still wear a mask in queues and on rides, but it's time to return to (mostly) normal. When I was in Anaheim last week you could go to the convention center without an appointment and get a vaccine. It's time to move on.

I'm planning on going back for two days in July. I'm certain they will be at least 35 percent capacity, but I also hope they relax their rules, too. Yes, I know it's not up to them, but I hope CA adjusts their guidelines by then.
                                Good luck...as I just got back. And it was a freakin zoo! Felt just like a "normal day" except for the annoyance of Mobile Order and a suffocating mask around your face. We also stayed on prem...and I swear 50% of the CM's and Hotel staff were rude or didnt know basic questions we had. I will also say, yes some of the line wait times were a little off the mark...bust most of them were accurate. And one other thing of note...ALL of the Fantasyland Dark rides were speed up so fast that it completely ruines the ride experience. I swear, we rode Peter Pan and we were literally off the ride in 20 s...and Toad was the fastest I have ever experienced, another bummer. Uggghhh so frustrated right now and completely let down

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X