Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uber drop off on Harbor Blvd still the easiest way or not?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uber drop off on Harbor Blvd still the easiest way or not?

    We will be visiting at the end of June and staying in an RV park nearby. I really would prefer not to drive my truck to DL since it's a dually and 22 ft long. We have 3 kids so my plan is to just take Uber to the Harbor Blvd drop off. My questions:

    1) Is it a real hassle to get dropped off at the rideshare area on Harbor, or is it better to get dropped of at say the IHOP or Denny's across the street? Is Uber actually able to drop you off at those restaurants?

    2) I never really liked the crowded walk from the Grand Californian through Downtown Disney, so I'm thinking from Harbor Blvd rideshare to the front gate should be a shorter walk correct?

    3) Is there an actual pedestrian path from the rideshare drop off to the front gate?

    4) When is the best time to arrive? We already have our passes and QR codes. I'm thinking it's best to get there early and get all the big Disney stuff done before the park hoppers come over at 1pm.

    5) Speaking of park hoppers, our first day reservation is for DCA. We don't have park hopper passes since we figured it's a waste of time to go back and forth from park to park. I'm figuring we need to show up right before opening on day 2 to DL itself so that we have no risk of the park being at capacity right? Otherwise if we get there later and the park is already at capacity, even though we have DL tix, would be be denied entry?

    6) At the end of the day, what's the process like to catch an Uber? Obviously I use the app. Do I go to the rideshare dropoff or is it too crowded there to to be useful? Is it better to go to some other spot across Harbor Blvd?

    7) How strict are they about bringing food in? Last time we were there it wasn't a big deal and we stayed at the Grand Californian and used their entrance. This time we'll need to go through the regular entrance. Our plan is to bring PBJ sandwiches since they won't really spoil in the heat. That way we have either lunch or snacks depending on whether we can get food from the take-out cafes.

    8) We have triplet 9 y.o. boys so I'm trying to figure out how to do some of the rides. If it's a 2 person ride, then one kids is going to be without a parent next to him. I don't know if that kid will be ok doing this. If not then I read that the staff is good about letting the parent and the other remaining kids hang out without queuing up again. But it would take 3 parent/child go-arounds for all 3 kids to get their rides. Any recommendations?

    Thanks to all!


  • #2
    I do not have all the answers but I have some..

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    1) Is it a real hassle to get dropped off at the rideshare area on Harbor, or is it better to get dropped of at say the IHOP or Denny's across the street? Is Uber actually able to drop you off at those restaurants?
    Think this depends on the time of day as I have seen it get backed up here but mostly it isn't. I believe also Uber will drop you anywhere that is legal to do so, so a parking lot of a restaurant would be fine.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    2) I never really liked the crowded walk from the Grand Californian through Downtown Disney, so I'm thinking from Harbor Blvd rideshare to the front gate should be a shorter walk correct?
    Yes the Harbor walk is shorter and I believe some people have said faster to get through security check as well.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    3) Is there an actual pedestrian path from the rideshare drop off to the front gate?
    Yes it merges with the path the buses used to bring people to from the Toy Story lot.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    4) When is the best time to arrive? We already have our passes and QR codes. I'm thinking it's best to get there early and get all the big Disney stuff done before the park hoppers come over at 1pm.
    Some that have gone recently has said arriving at rope drop is a bit of a crowd but an hour after opening it lightens up.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    5) Speaking of park hoppers, our first day reservation is for DCA. We don't have park hopper passes since we figured it's a waste of time to go back and forth from park to park. I'm figuring we need to show up right before opening on day 2 to DL itself so that we have no risk of the park being at capacity right? Otherwise if we get there later and the park is already at capacity, even though we have DL tix, would be be denied entry?
    If what I have read is correct with the reservation system there is no longer an issue and you will not be locked out of the DL park if you have DL tickets as you have reservation.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    6) At the end of the day, what's the process like to catch an Uber? Obviously I use the app. Do I go to the rideshare dropoff or is it too crowded there to to be useful? Is it better to go to some other spot across Harbor Blvd?
    This I have no knowledge of as I have never used Uber, sorry

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    7) How strict are they about bringing food in? Last time we were there it wasn't a big deal and we stayed at the Grand Californian and used their entrance. This time we'll need to go through the regular entrance. Our plan is to bring PBJ sandwiches since they won't really spoil in the heat. That way we have either lunch or snacks depending on whether we can get food from the take-out cafes.
    I am not sure if things have changed since pre-Covid but bring sandwiches as long as they are in a clear sandwich bag should be no problem right before lock down we saw several people bring snacks and lunches into the park.

    Originally posted by DisneyOrBust View Post
    8) We have triplet 9 y.o. boys so I'm trying to figure out how to do some of the rides. If it's a 2 person ride, then one kids is going to be without a parent next to him. I don't know if that kid will be ok doing this. If not then I read that the staff is good about letting the parent and the other remaining kids hang out without queuing up again. But it would take 3 parent/child go-arounds for all 3 kids to get their rides. Any recommendations?
    We have twin girls and I was once with them on my own (party of 3 with one adult) and also we have taken a friend of the girls making us a party of 5 with three kids. What I suggest is simply letting two kids sit together and have one of the adults sit by themselves. My girls did this when they were 9 without issue. It's more of a height issue than an age issue with most attractions. Only Golden Zephyr was a lil resistance to let them sit without an adult but that was when they where 5. by the time they were 9 they could sit together on anything they wanted as long as an adult was seated in the row behind them it seemed as they would often sit together from time to time on various rides. Basically accept that your going to sit by yourself in your row behind them for many rides and you should be golden.
    Last edited by Starcade; 05-18-2021, 02:38 PM.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

    Comment


    • #3
      Honestly, I'd suggest the drop off across the street in the IHOP, because that means making it easier on your driver without having to deal with the large mass of vehicles all trying to get a spot (especially with the massive increase in uber driver users over the last few years).

      Comment


      • #4
        If you get there early then should be great...but the line does later on in the morning start getting longer
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I stayed at a hotel and walked past the pick up/drop off location on Harbor, it was pretty crowded. If you could find a different spot, I'm sure it COULD be less, but you have to figure there's a lot of people doing the same thing.

          As far as the child situation, I would rotate 2 kids with one parent and 1 kid with the other for any rides that only seat 4. However, if they are 9 years old, they should be fine riding 2 children together, as their general rule is that children under 7 must ride with someone 14 or older, so if you trust 2 children together, they should be fine. I wouldn't leave one by themselves.

          We got in line about 7:15am, and were in the park and on Indy by 8:50am (they open early A LOT).

          We brought in packaged snacks and water bottles. They don't care as long as you aren't wheeling in coolers or have anything in glass, and the obvious no alcohol. There are bottle fill stations near Autopia and in the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. DCA doesn't have any water fills but you can use the drinking fountains. It's possible they may have some in the Marvel Campus since will be open. PB&J's in a lunch bag should be fine, done that MANY times

          Have fun!

          Comment


          • #6
            Both Uber and Lyft have been very slow lately. And overpriced. If you are not in a rush I’d say go for it. But expect to have to wait a long time and pay higher than normal. Right now there is a shortage of ride-share drivers thanks to the companies not reimbursing much in combination with the fact that they get a lot more on unemployment. It’s the perfect storm right now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Both Uber and Lyft have been very slow lately. And overpriced. If you are not in a rush I’d say go for it. But expect to have to wait a long time and pay higher than normal. Right now there is a shortage of ride-share drivers thanks to the companies not reimbursing much in combination with the fact that they get a lot more on unemployment. It’s the perfect storm right now.
              I second this. If anyone has the patience, I recommend taking the Metrolink / Amtrak to Anaheim Station and waiting for the DLR bus to take you to Harbor. Saves you on parking, you’ll get there before rope drop, no tram walk, and all will be merry. Also only costs you $18 (if you go with the more expensive Amtrak). Uber/Lyft prices are a bit inflated at the moment.

              Comment

              Get Away Today Footer

              Collapse
              Working...
              X