Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummed About Increased Capacity

The current crowds seem fine. But adding almost a third more capacity sounds miserable with the current restrictions...Anyone else thinking about canceling their reservations and seeing what things are going to be like later in the summer?
    Last edited by xPhoenix; 05-18-2021, 03:18 PM.

I'm not interested in going back until they allow attraction queues in building again. Having lines spill out into the walkways looks bad, and the virtual queuing system is bunk at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by xPhoenix View Post
      The current crowds seem fine. But adding almost a third more capacity sounds miserable with the current restrictions...Anyone else thinking about canceling their reservations and seeing what things are going to be like later in the summer?
      I'm waiting for July. I think by then (with increased capacity), more dining options will be available, and (hopefully) Disney will smooth out whatever health guidance might be around the corner (June 15th) with staffing.

From what I've observed, the "crowding" has been mostly been due to a lack of indoor queues and not packing ride vehicles. I've heard it's particularly bad around NOS, but nowhere else (someone correct me if I sound ignorant). I don't see this as an issue, especially if I were to compare it to a truly packed Disney day.

Comment

We all knew ...it was in the cards
        I just HOPE.. everyone not just rushing things-that all
        My self....I taken everything slowly
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Increase capacity, increase price, decrease operating cost. Increased profits will result.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
            Keep capacity, raise price. Equilibrium will result.
            Here, here!

Comment

I'm guessing Disney is preparing to roll back some restrictions, hence they're prepared to increase capacity. Honestly, I've never had too much of a problem with crowds at Disneyland. Sometimes its bad, but I always get there when it opens and I'm usually able to walk on a bunch of rides before the crowds show up. When it does get crowded mid-day there's plenty of attractions with short waits (Mark Twain, Tiki Room, Railroad, etc.) I look forward to Disneyland looking like Disneyland again and bringing out-of-state/country people back into the fold.
              Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 05-18-2021, 10:45 PM.
              Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by The Real McDuck View Post
                I'm not interested in going back until they allow attraction queues in building again. Having lines spill out into the walkways looks bad, and the virtual queuing system is bunk at the moment.
                Honestly, I'm all for a "vaxx pass" lol Prove you got vaccinated, you get to wait in queues inside.
                "Have I gone mad?"
                "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                  I look forward to Disneyland looking like Disneyland again and bringing out-of-state/country people back into the fold.
                  I don't know how eager out of state visitors will be to spend the money required for a Disneyland vacation while being required to don a mask again. Most of California's neighboring states are no longer requiring masks in public places or private businesses. And even after a few days of normal daily life of shopping and working without any sort of restrictions, you do not want to go back to wearing a mask again. Especially for a vacation that is costing you thousands of dollars.
                  Last edited by tarheelalum; 05-19-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

I don't how eager out of state visitors will be to spend the money required for a Disneyland vacation while being required to don a mask again. Most of California's neighboring states are no longer requiring masks in public places or private businesses. And even after a few days of normal daily life of shopping and working without any sort of restrictions, you do not want to go back to wearing a mask again. Especially for a vacation that is costing you thousands of dollars.
                    It's going to be a tough sell for sure, but I'm hoping some restrictions are rolled back this summer (that's the only way I'll go). We might not see normal-level crowds until winter or later though.
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

I think Disney's next challenge will come after masks have become a thing of the past -- and they're still charging premium prices for a much-less-than-premium product. When it becomes obvious that they're hooked on the profits they get from big crowds, high prices, and cut-to-the-bone operating costs.
                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Ya know what sucks more than living in a mask-less state and traveling to CA to have to wear a mask at DL..? -Living in CA and having to wear a mask all the time even though you’ve been fully moderna-vaccinated for two months. Maybe the Arizona crowd won’t mind donning the ol’ suffocating face cloth every once in a while while they have fun at DL..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                          I think Disney's next challenge will come after masks have become a thing of the past -- and they're still charging premium prices for a much-less-than-premium product. When it becomes obvious that they're hooked on the profits they get from big crowds, high prices, and cut-to-the-bone operating costs.
                          I think they will try to make no parades or shows the new normal. Hopefully customers hold out on them for it. Paying full price for a half of an experience is unacceptable. When it looked like there wasn't going to be a Halloween party I cancelled my trip. Hopefully others do as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

I don't how eager out of state visitors will be to spend the money required for a Disneyland vacation while being required to don a mask again.
                            This.

We’re waiting for California’s mask policy to update and match up with the CDC guidelines.

June 15th seems like the magically arbitrary date this will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by xPhoenix View Post
                              Yes, it's awful that the pandemic is subsiding and life is returning to normal, terrible news, right? Restrictions will flex with capacity changes. I would not be surprised if restriction changes lag a little behind capacity changes.

Comment

I dont mind more people..but then you need to put more people on rides

To me the next month seems like the dumbest time to go

You have to wear masks...more people coming in but still loading is slower and no shows

Wait until past July and think it will be better
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm with you on that one. I'm pretty bummed out that the crowds will increase. The whole reason I got tickets in the first placed was to avoid the huge crowds and take full advantage. I'm going next weekend and the 3rd weekend of June. So much for that haha. After these trips I won't be going back for awhile

Comment

I had a feeling this would happen, which is why I was very adamant about getting the first available reservations I could get.

I'm glad to see things reopening and getting cast members more jobs. I feel like the opening went pretty smoothly, but this weird flux of increasing capacity with restrictions is going to be a very tricky situation.

Comment

These next couple of months will likely see the parks exploiting maximum yield policies to see just how much guests can tolerate if they face backlash they can blame it on Covid etc.. Like somebody said depending on what happens on June 15th the next couple of months could be the worst time to go. ( I really do hope I am wrong ). Corporations love tidal changes where they have to enact policies and changes that often lower the quality of their product in the name of a disaster or supply shortage etc., only to keep those moves in place long after the issue is resolved to maximize profit. Example: gas stations will spike prices the day a supply line or word of increased barrel price is rumored in the press ( the gas they have was already purchased under the previous none issue period) then when the issue or pricing is resolved they drag their feet as long as possible to lower the prices back down often only after other stations in the area take the lead and do so to attract customers.

Disney recently had a huge project (Project Stardust) to open up walkways and reduce choke point sitting areas. If the goal was reducing crowds they would not have spent so much to make more space they would have just reduced max cap. This was truly a project to make the park seem less crowded while keeping or increasing crowd sizes no investment was made to decrease crowd sizes. Lowered capacity limits will simply not happen, those that think DLR will make a single decision that will lowers crowds as permanent thing are daft. Sorry to have to repeat myself but lowering crowds will only lead to reduced staffing ( layoff's for CM's especially those that make more then others ) and reduces attractions being run. DLR has played this game before. The parks when crowded are parks that hire more CM's and keep the older one's around while also expanding the park attractions, shows and events. An empty park brings on the opposite.
                                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X