Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Where does Disneyland keep its walls?

When refurbishing rides, attractions, or restaurants, Disney has a variety of walls they use to hide views of construction. The fact that they continually provide themed walls for each land is great, when they could easily just go with something generic. But they do have a lot of different kinds of walls. So my question is, when they aren't in use, where do they keep them? I know the answer is somewhere off-stage, but is it backstage at Disneyland? Somewhere else nearby?

Here are some pictures of different walls across the years:

This is very much a shower thought!

It's possible that maybe many of these walls are kept in Glendale (where the Imagineering / CP offices are). I've heard there's so much storage space in those offices. Maybe they truck the walls over when construction is about to begin. It would explain how they have walls with specific dates and designs at the ready.

That is my theory. The childish part of me wants to say "Mickey's garage."

Comment

I wanna say Glendale... But then there is just the reality that SO MANY of the walls also feature little bits of customization?

Obviously a picture frame or poster can easily nbe applied and removed. But some of the colorings and designs leads me to believe they must use some basic "wrap" or even silkscreen printing on to adhesive paper that can be applied to boards like wallpaper. And if that's the case, the walls might be kept off site, but a small or even most might be kept in Disney's "boneyard" and they just strip and reapply a design to them anytime they need ones besides the basic colored ones we see most of the time.

Comment

All the walls I have seen are legit not just graphic appliqu├ęs. They are simple in nature and Disney's wood shop or construction crews could knock them out pretty quickly and if they are stored for multiple usage they likely can have the legs removed ( these are on the inside where we can't see along with weights, spikes and or sand bags so the wind and guest do not topple them over ) They can be flat stacked and would not take as much warehouse space as some would think. I would not be surprised if they had some that they re-use and others that are built then discarded or recycled and all are kept at a none disclosed warehouse back stage or off site. They can truck them in on a flatbed and assemble them overnight then when finished break them down and they go back into the warehouse overnight as well.

Decades ago I was offered a job as a sign painter for the parks but balked because as a 19 year old I did not understand the benefit of unions. When they described what I would be doing it was hand painting signage but also assisting in dress up for construction projects in the parks well as back stage. These walls may be dressed up by the same sign painting team and likely why they all look so nice.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I've been anxiously waiting for someone to say that the walls are kept in, um...

...Wall-E Land.

But since no one has, I'm not gonna be the one to do it..

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            I've been anxiously waiting for someone to say that the walls are kept in, um...

...Wall-E Land.

That just happened. lol!
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I was thinking of the old Storybook Land Canal Boats spiel as you passed the curtained, cave-like entrance to the boat storage area: "Off to your left is the entrance to Neverland. We call it that because we never take you there."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

I agree with this statement
                In none disclosed warehouse back stage or off site. They can truck them in
                There are Warehouse's all the area.....
                This what most company's do, to store way Items, not always in use!
                Last edited by Eagleman; 05-20-2021, 05:32 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

...Wall-E Land.

"Good One".....at my age ,it take me while, to catch it
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X