Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pym Test kitchen prices

So I just saw a menu and pricing for the Pym test kitchen and am completely baffled at the decisions here. They are offering two versions of the Quantum sized Pym-nini sandwich one priced at 57.99 and the other at 99.99. Am I the only one that thinks this is the strangest decision to charge that much money for a sandwich?
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

A single serving is 14.49, so I'm assuming the higher priced sandwiches are meant to feed several people.

Comment

lol wut.

Whether it serves a larger family or not seems irrelevant to me. Because according to the menu, it's still just one item (the sandwich) that everyone would need to share. Meanwhile, over at Universal's Three Broomsticks for $30 less ($69.99) you can feed a family of four with "The Great Feast" which features way more variety (comes with salads, rotisserie chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, and roasted potatoes).

I have to wonder just how big this sandwich is and how badly Guests in a party large enough to devour it would want the singular item. Because even Alien Pizza Planet's whole pizza's are about half the price of this sandwich @ $41.99.
      "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
        lol wut.

Whether it serves a larger family or not seems irrelevant to me. Because according to the menu, it's still just one item (the sandwich) that everyone would need to share. Meanwhile, over at Universal's Three Broomsticks for $30 less ($69.99) you can feed a family of four with "The Great Feast" which features way more variety (comes with salads, rotisserie chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, and roasted potatoes).

I have to wonder just how big this sandwich is and how badly Guests in a party large enough to devour it would want the singular item. Because even Alien Pizza Planet's whole pizza's are about half the price of this sandwich @ $41.99.
        This is my exact thought, I can go to just about any sit down restaurant and heave each person of my family eat something different and a full meal. it just seems like such an odd choice and why have a 57.00 and 99.00 dollar version?

Comment

What confuses me is that on the menu they're the exact same thing. No reference to them being different in any way... They're both the Quantum-sized Pym-ini...same toppings and offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
            lol wut.

Just here to say that I'm a big fan of the Great Feast (honestly, all the food and snacks at Harry Potter World are wonderful, and it always feels worth the price + experience).

On the note of the sandwiches, here's what the menu is specifying:

Pym-ini Sandwich - $14.49
            Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad

Quantum-sized Pym-ini Sandwich - $99.99
            Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad. Serves 6-8 guests.

Also not to detract, but what kind of monstrosity is this?

Beer Mimosa
            Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA with Simply® Orange Juice

Comment

I think the number of groups of 6-8 people who actually all decide to eat the exact same sandwich is going to be very small. This seems like some WDI-engineered marketing stunt to fit with the "we make everything BIG for Marvel's® Ant-Man™" schtick. It will probably sell a fair amount in the first month or two as every Disney blogging website buys it and makes a YouTube video reviewing the monster creations. I think in actuality, so few people will actually buy it as time goes on that Disney will eventually remove it from the menu as they decide to not even bother making the huge bread slices.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

Just here to say that I'm a big fan of the Great Feast (honestly, all the food and snacks at Harry Potter World are wonderful, and it always feels worth the price + experience).

On the note of the sandwiches, here's what the menu is specifying:

Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad

Salami, Rosemary Ham, Provolone and Sun-dried Tomato Spread on Toasted Focaccia, served with Marinara Dipping Sauce and Arugula Salad. Serves 6-8 guests.

Beer Mimosa
                Just my quick math you would have to have 8 people eat this for it to be a deal and that still does not tell us if the portion size would be the same for everyone than if they ordered a normal sized one each. Also oh dear lord who came up with the beer mimosa, that sounds awful, maybe because I am not an IPA fan at all but that just does not sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                  I think the number of groups of 6-8 people who actually all decide to eat the exact same sandwich is going to be very small. This seems like some WDI-engineered marketing stunt to fit with the "we make everything BIG for Marvel's® Ant-Man™" schtick. It will probably sell a fair amount in the first month or two as every Disney blogging website buys it and makes a YouTube video reviewing the monster creations. I think in actuality, so few people will actually buy it as time goes on that Disney will eventually remove it from the menu as they decide to not even bother making the huge bread slices.
                  I agree, this item is not offered this time next year.

Comment

Beer Mimosa
                    My God....

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

Just my quick math you would have to have 8 people eat this for it to be a deal and that still does not tell us if the portion size would be the same for everyone than if they ordered a normal sized one each. Also oh dear lord who came up with the beer mimosa, that sounds awful, maybe because I am not an IPA fan at all but that just does not sound good.
                      Good to see it's clarified a bit somewhere...because this photo from the menu (or app?) doesn't give anything about the size difference between the 2. ETA: Got this image from the WDW News Today blog post about the menu release.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	pym-test-kitchen-menu-1-5763775.jpg Views:	38 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	8638228

Last edited by lemuth0922; 05-20-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

Good to see it's clarified a bit somewhere...because this photo from the menu (or app?) doesn't give anything about the size difference between the 2.
                        I got my prices from the main website. I know I don't sound my age when I say this, but I don't trust apps. 😆 They're always missing something.

Comment

I believe they're going to make just one large sandwich, as seen on the left of this picture. If you order the $14.49 menu item, you get a slice cut from the large size.

Comment

I got my prices from the main website. I know I don't sound my age when I say this, but I don't trust apps. 😆 They're always missing something.
                            Well, Igot my image from WDW News Today blog post...so all's fair

Comment

Sometimes foolish people love to buy high priced items because they say it makes them feel better or do they feel it makes them better?

I know this is not the case as this is a price for a rather large sandwich ( think a 6 foot sub verse a 6" sandwich) but I could see this type of thing as a trial balloon and Disney doing luxury food offerings more and more. Things like add a little truffle oil to popcorn charge $50 for a small bucket, add edible gold flake sugar to a churro $30 dollar churro etc. Big ticket food items cater to a certain subset of the population that money and them are soon parted.
                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

$57.99 price seems to be a goof up, as it's not listed on official menu on online.

The restaurant will be serving breakfast, as well. This was weirdly not mentioned in press materials(to my knowledge).

Calculated Breakfast = E x 2 + (B+P)/T
                                Eggs Two Ways with Smoked Bacon, crispy Potato Bites and Focaccia Toast
                                $10.99

Impossible™ Quantum Garden Breakfast
                                Plant-based Folded Omelet with Impossible™ Breakfast Sausage, crispy Potato Bites and Focaccia Toast
                                $12.49

Ever-expanding Cinna-Pym Toast
                                Baked Pym Particle Bread and Egg Custard with Cinnamon-Sugar Topping, a Fried Egg, Smoked Bacon and Maple Syrup
                                $12.49

Spoonful of Cereal
                                Bran Flakes and Raisins, garnished with Yogurt-covered Pretzels, served with Whole Milk and a ripe Banana
                                $6.99

Side Smoked Bacon
                                $3.79
                                Side Turkey Bacon
                                $3.79

Comment

FWIW, mixing IPAs and citrus may surprise you. I'm not a big IPA fan, but mix it with lemonade, and i'm in. Great for a pit-stop after a hot day's bicycle ride! Refreshing, but not alcoholic enough to leave you dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                    It's for sure a marketing stunt, but WDI isn't the chef cooking it up. That'd be Food & Beverage, in concert with (read: talking the talk and walking the walk if they know what's good for them) brand marketing divisions like Consumer Products.

And what's the talk they must talk and the walk they must walk? Ohhh, it might have a little something to do with having a marketeer boss who started his career in brand management at H.J. Heinz Company (that's right, the ketchup guys).

Bon appetit.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

I know I should probably reserve judgment until I actually try it, but the whole menu just looks and sounds underwhelming and disappointing.

it appears to rely heavily on mandarin oranges and focaccia bread. Seriously, it just doesn't look appealing or fun to me. I was really looking forward to them creating foods that wow in terms of small or large size. I don't see anything wow here.
                                      You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                                      It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                                        FWIW, mixing IPAs and citrus may surprise you. I'm not a big IPA fan, but mix it with lemonade, and i'm in. Great for a pit-stop after a hot day's bicycle ride! Refreshing, but not alcoholic enough to leave you dangerous.
                                        I've never been an IPA sort of gal, but one day when I'm feeling adventurous, I'll give it a try. I won't lie, I know I like my mimosas infused with champagne. It's the Lucille Bluth in me.
                                        Last edited by Captain Andy; 05-21-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X