Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have pictures of the parking structure under Down Town Disney?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have pictures of the parking structure under Down Town Disney?

When I want to clear my mind of world’s events I like to look at stuff on google earth and a lot of times I end up at Disneyland (or random pacific Atolls). I was trying to see where the underground parking structure is. Is it the whole area under Splitsville and the road by Grand California? Does anyone have pictures of what it looks like inside?

The only underground parking garage in DLR (that I'm aware of), is the one under the DVC suites at the Grand California Hotel. To my knowledge, it's not that big.

Comment

There is no "Underground Parking Lot" under DTD...that doesn't even make any sense?
      The only underground Parking anything in that area that Im aware of is at the California Grand, and for guests only.
      Also a little confused why anyone is looking for an Underground Parking Lot on Google Maps is slightly odd...

Comment

A google map search seems shows there is indeed an entrance through the DGC parking lot that goes under the Jazz kitchen (red square). It appears to then exit under the western side off DGC (blue square) and this is either for guests of DGC or VIP's I assume. There even appears to be a charging station underground for EV's which leads me to believe this is open to resort guests.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Starcade; 05-21-2021, 10:19 AM.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Based on where it goes in and out, that looks like a valet lot. Charging station is probably something they added so they can charge a valeted car, if needed. Guest self-parking is across the street, right?

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
            Based on where it goes in and out, that looks like a valet lot. Charging station is probably something they added so they can charge a valeted car, if needed. Guest self-parking is across the street, right?
            Yes I remember last time I stayed there we did self parking and it was across the street between DLR and PP. But there is an underground structure I just do not know who has access.

Comment

I think what the OP is referring to is the underground loading dock for Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Downtown Disney. Since this is considered a backstage area there are no pictures. This area not only houses the loading dock but also trash compactors, laundry, and stock rooms for the various stores and restaurant. There are two entrances, one by Splitsville and one next to the GCH convention rooms.
              As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

I heard in an interview with one of the imagineers that worked on Downtown Disney, that there is an 800 car parking structure under there.

Comment

There is an underground parking below the Disneyland Hotel Convention center also

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	565
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	8638555

Comment

From having stayed at the GCH I know they encourage the guests to use the valet parking which is the underground structure I am assuming that this is the structure that you are referring to and it is pretty large.
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

We just got back from 3 nights at the GCH.. There is a parking garage under the DVC wing of the GCH...turn right after going past the guard shack.. With no Valet parking available they let you self park at any space open at the lot next to Check in , the under ground garage , or the lot across the street.. The garage has 2 levels with an elevator to the Lobby floor

Comment

Pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 1.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	8638757 Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 2.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	8638756 Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 3.jpg
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	8638752 Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 4.jpg
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	8638753 Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 5.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	8638755 Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage 6.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	8638754

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
                          There is no "Underground Parking Lot" under DTD...that doesn't even make any sense?
                          The only underground Parking anything in that area that Im aware of is at the California Grand, and for guests only.
                          Also a little confused why anyone is looking for an Underground Parking Lot on Google Maps is slightly odd...
                          You are confused, but just a little.

Comment

Thanks Jerryp49! Yes, the one under the Grand California. It looks like it connects under Splitz Ville or whatever. I was just curious how the whole setup was over there, I find it interesting. Not sure why YeaDZNY thinks its weird. This is the same forum where people look at pictures of Space Mountain with the lights on.

I’m confused, because that last sentence makes it sound like you are confused why someone would think it was weird to look for underground parking garages on Google Maps, but I think you meant the opposite. Actually, I was using Google Earth, and you can change the angle to see things like entrances to underground parking garages. Now if you mean just looking for parking garages is weird, then yes. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                              Thanks Jerryp49! Yes, the one under the Grand California. It looks like it connects under Splitz Ville or whatever. I was just curious how the whole setup was over there, I find it interesting. Not sure why YeaDZNY thinks its weird. This is the same forum where people look at pictures of Space Mountain with the lights on.

I’m confused, because that last sentence makes it sound like you are confused why someone would think it was weird to look for underground parking garages on Google Maps, but I think you meant the opposite. Actually, I was using Google Earth, and you can change the angle to see things like entrances to underground parking garages. Now if you mean just looking for parking garages is weird, then yes. I agree.
                              Yes...that was my main point. Looking for Parking garages is ever so slightly weird...

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

You are confused, but just a little.
                                Confused...no. Like looking for Public bathrooms on Google Maps

Comment

Like looking for Public bathrooms on Google Maps
                                  Everybody needs a hobby.

Comment

I wish they directed self parking down there when we last stayed at DGC in 2019 instead self parking was across the street near PP. I forgot that I had a case of water that I brought for the weekend and had to go back out and get it that was a serious error on my part never fun about huffing a case of water from a block away.

Comment

In the past , I parked in the Paradise Pier garage while staying at the GCH.. Shaded and i could cut thru the PP lobby to get back..

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                        It looks like it connects under Splitz Ville
                                        No, the Garage is only as big as the DVC wing.. . We were there when they were building that addition... the only enter/exit is the driveway by the GCH guard shack

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X