Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Matterhorn reopens July 2nd

Disney has removed the Matterhorn from the Refurbishment Schedule beginning on July 2nd. Here's hoping it's not a fluke. The Jungle Cruise is still on the list.
    Last edited by Reeder; 05-21-2021, 07:42 AM.
    sigpic
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

My guess is Jungle Cruise will fall in July / August.

I wonder what work was done. If anything, hope the yetis are looking refreshed after a rather long slumber. 😴

Comment

How amazing would it be if they reverted back to the previous version sleds?

I know that isn't the case, as I saw the most recent sleds on the track when we were on the outside portion of Alice in Wonderland on Wednesday.
      Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post

I know that isn't the case, as I saw the most recent sleds on the track when we were on the outside portion of Alice in Wonderland on Wednesday.
        I hear you on that one the longer it was down the more I hoped this issue would be addressed with it opening this soon I am sad to see the same tailbone breakers are still in place.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

I hear you on that one the longer it was down the more I hoped this issue would be addressed with it opening this soon I am sad to see the same tailbone breakers are still in place.
          Me Too
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Harold is back and ready to scare new & old Disney fans again!

Nothing like dropping into a tunnel and having Harold pop out at you; screaming at you to get off of his l̶a̶w̶n̶ mountain.

Ah good times....

Comment

While it was only a few years ago that we were upgraded to a more modern design with high quality effects, does anyone else hope for the return of maybe a few "old school" effects from the previous refurb? I find myself missing the lit up crystals, and while they probably wouldn't fit the entirety of the new ride, it might be nice to have a few hidden here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                While it was only a few years ago that we were upgraded to a more modern design with high quality effects, does anyone else hope for the return of maybe a few "old school" effects from the previous refurb? I find myself missing the lit up crystals, and while they probably wouldn't fit the entirety of the new ride, it might be nice to have a few hidden here or there.
                There are plenty of places along the track where a few could have been put down.
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Honestly, just change back the Frank Wells tribute on the ride, with the rest of the new upgrades intact and it'd be perfect.
                  "Have I gone mad?"
                  "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post

I have mixed feelings about those two-person sleds; they were great for bringing a date on the ride, but kind of awkward if you were riding with anyone else. Personally, I don't mind the new sleds, although I have nostalgia for the old ones.
                    Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 05-23-2021, 05:50 PM.
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

Honestly, just change back the Frank Wells tribute on the ride, with the rest of the new upgrades intact and it'd be perfect.
                      That would make me -"HAPPY"
                      in keeping -
                      Frank Wells- tribute
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 05-23-2021, 05:55 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a new crystal effect added to the Matterhorn, but the old one looked a little too fake for my liking. I generally like Disney attractions to have some degree of realism, particularly a "scary" attraction like the Matterhorn.
                        Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

I have mixed feelings about those two-person sleds; they were great for bringing your date on the ride, but kind of awkward if you were riding with anyone else. Personally, I don't mind the new sleds, although I have nostalgia for the old ones.
                          After reading your post..........I think you ,bring out a good point........
                          I felt very awkward as well

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would love for the old Yeti roars and howling in the Matterhorn to return.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                              There really was something about hearing that roar on a summer night walking around in the area that really added to the vibe of the park.
                              "Have I gone mad?"
                              "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Matterhorn plus the new Jungle cruise...not a bad month
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Would be so cool, if Disney had the real estate to construct the Matterhorn on more of a Grizzly Rapids or even Expedition Everest platform as far as size goes. And then plus the hell out of it with howling wind effects, falling snow (bring the crystals back) and the return of the original Yeti roars. And even use a Space Mtn type of coaster for better comfort and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

There really was something about hearing that roar on a summer night walking around in the area that really added to the vibe of the park.
                                    You could almost hear it anywhere in the park.

Comment

You could almost hear it anywhere in the park.
                                      I actually remember this part of the Matterhorn as far back as when I was 7 or 8 yrs old or so....I was sooooo scared to even come close to the Matterhorn. But looking back now...wow what a cool experience that left such a long impression w/o even riding it

Comment

Well..Yeti roars......... howling ....... has add to the old Mountain !
                                        Last edited by Eagleman; 05-28-2021, 05:49 PM.
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X