Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks?

Seems that Disney is ramping up capacity for a big 4th of July weekend, with the hotel reopening alongside the Matterhorn and full capacity allowed (*for the vaccinated or COVID negative per the new state guidelines). What are the odds they will be relaunching Fireworks for the big weekend?

I hope so. As long as they are all overhead and don't have the projections that make people crowd together, they really don't have any good excuse not to do them.

Comment

That would be ideal, I miss hearing them from my house. I'd still only put the odds at 30% though. My opinion could change in the coming weeks/months, but for now I think Disney will be extremely cautious for the next few months given there's now precedent for shutting down the park for health reasons. That's got to have instilled some fear in the company. I hope I'm wrong.
      Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 05-23-2021, 06:09 PM.
      Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
        That would be ideal, I miss hearing them from my house. I'd still only put the odds at 30% though. My opinion could change in the coming weeks/months, but for now I think Disney will be extremely cautious for the next few months given there's now precedent for shutting down the park for health reasons. That's got to have instilled some fear in the company. I hope I'm wrong.
        "O" I believe you are right......
        BUT.........I also do not think Disney ,want to be spending money on fireworks at this time
        They are saving IMO
        Last edited by Eagleman; 05-23-2021, 08:32 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

You're not wrong. That's why despite being allowed to open at 100% capacity, the resort won't. Remember how every year a guest with the measles would come into the parks and spread it around. It always ended up being the big news story for the next few weeks. But Sacramento never shut down Disney because of it. But they have total control now. And being closed for over a year is proof of who has absolute power over the resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

"O" I believe you are right......
            BUT.........I also do not think Disney ,want spending money on fireworks at this time
            They are saving IMO
            Bingo. In addition to issues related to the pandemic, Disneyland's expensive fireworks show (variously estimated at $30k to 50k) has got to be a target for "Cheaptastic" Chapek's cost-cutting.

And management has to be asking the question, "why do we need entertainment to bring in more customers, when there's already more demand than we can supply without it?"
            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
            - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Bingo. In addition to issues related to the pandemic, Disneyland's expensive fireworks show (variously estimated at $30k to 50k) has got to be a target for "Cheaptastic" Chapek's cost-cutting.

And management has to be asking the question, "why do we need entertainment to bring in more customers, when there's already more demand than we can supply without it?"
              Disney was cutting back on Entertainment before pandemic........
              When they do not spend money - they save Money $$$$
              IMO
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I see Mickey Mix Magic light show edition returning because of costs and proper distancing.

However, I could also seeing them also waiting until 4th of July weekend before an actual show occurs.

Comment

I was in the parks over the weekend and a CM over the weekend said they were planning on having fireworks start on the 4th but who knows what his sources were.

Comment

Originally posted by Zurg View Post
                    I was in the parks over the weekend and a CM over the weekend said they were planning on having fireworks start on the 4th but who knows what his sources were.
                    x2 this rumor. A family member who is a friend with a CM said the same. It's feeling likely, but I won't bet money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

x2 this rumor. A family member who is a friend with a CM said the same. It's feeling likely, but I won't bet money on it.
                      X3 ...........I feel the same............. I won't bet money on it neither !
                      We will see .
                      IMO
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 05-25-2021, 06:37 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would be surprised if Disneyland had fireworks this year; especially the 4th of July. It's way too soon after the park reopened and not all attractions are open at this time.

Comment

They have a fireworks show after every Saturday evening ballgame at Angel Stadium. My guess is this is all a big excuse for Disney to cheap out on something. Who knows they may have a show on the 4th but don’t expect anything beyond that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X