Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Trams expected to return soon?

Just curious if the trams will be coming back soon? I've got reservations for the end of August. It looks like by then, most everything will be operating.

By then I think it will depend on how often they are meeting capacity. The security check at the parking garages is a huge choke point, and major backups across multiple days from people needing to walk to the park every day might drive them to bring them back. However, I don't know if the parks will regularly reach a high capacity without the usual APs there to fill them out. Could be hit or miss depending on how things are going. And if they can save money on labor by not running the trams, they definitely will.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
      By then I think it will depend on how often they are meeting capacity. The security check at the parking garages is a huge choke point, and major backups across multiple days from people needing to walk to the park every day might drive them to bring them back. However, I don't know if the parks will regularly reach a high capacity without the usual APs there to fill them out. Could be hit or miss depending on how things are going. And if they can save money on labor by not running the trams, they definitely will.
      IMO
      Last part of your statement is my bet...they can save money on labor by not running the trams, they definitely will !
      They want the people to walk , into Down Town Disney and Shop....which also $MONEY$ in there pocket...........
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As someone who recently broke their leg, I now understand why trams are important, LOL.

I think trams benefit the elderly and disabled. If anything, they should be brought back for those groups in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
          As someone who recently broke their leg, I now understand why trams are important, LOL.

I think trams benefit the elderly and disabled. If anything, they should be brought back for those groups in particular.
          -I think they would ,have special BUS for those group-
          But an over all tram ........IMO ...........No
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

-I think they would ,have special BUS for those group-
            But an over all tram ........IMO ...........No
            That's a smart idea too! Even a bus would be nice.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your leg they should honestly have like wheelchairs ready to rent from the parking lot. End-to-end service would go a long way, though I suppose plenty of people would take undue advantage of that.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your leg they should honestly have like wheelchairs ready to rent from the parking lot. End-to-end service would go a long way, though I suppose plenty of people would take undue advantage of that.
                IMO_Not a bad Ideal .........Long with the special BUS........
                But Disney would have to keep the service , near the gate as well........
                That would be great benefit for the elderly and disabled.
                Concept Disney should think about ?
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Based on what I have seen, my guess would be yes. I'd bet by the end of June, mid-July at the latest.

Comment

There is no logical reason to not operate the trams at this point. Anyone who has been vaccinated isn't at risk anyway. No reason to wear a mask either.

Comment

They also benefit us parents with kids in tow!

Comment

I consider the tram the first ride of the day at Disneyland. I've always liked the narrator in particular. Just ahead is the Downtown Disney District, with exciting shopping, dining, and live entertainment. Just beyond it is Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa—inspired by the famed Arts and Crafts movement in California.
                        Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 06-10-2021, 09:32 AM.
                        Brian the Pooh

Comment

The DL website states there is a rental facility at the Pixar parking structure. I also wasn't aware the rental facility is OUTSIDE the turnstiles, but I guess it is:

"Rental Location
                          ECV and manual wheelchair rentals are available outside the theme parks, just east of the Disneyland Park Main Entrance and at the Pixar Pals parking structure."

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...chair-rentals/

I'm not planning to visit until the Fall and I hope the trams are running by then as I have a mobility impairment. Not severe, but enough that I have to 'conserve' every step I can and the trams are invaluable for that.

At WDW they weren't running either, but they have 'saved' parking that is NOT the 'blue placard' lot but parking spots nearest the entrances for those with very temporary issues (thus no blue or red placard). Saved our behinds as DH blew out his knee just before we left. He could manage to hobble from the overflow parking to the entrances but we rented an ECV for him for the rest of the day.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

The DL website states there is a rental facility at the Pixar parking structure. I also wasn't aware the rental facility is OUTSIDE the turnstiles, but I guess it is:

"Rental Location
                            ECV and manual wheelchair rentals are available outside the theme parks, just east of the Disneyland Park Main Entrance and at the Pixar Pals parking structure."

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...chair-rentals/

I'm not planning to visit until the Fall and I hope the trams are running by then as I have a mobility impairment. Not severe, but enough that I have to 'conserve' every step I can and the trams are invaluable for that.

At WDW they weren't running either, but they have 'saved' parking that is NOT the 'blue placard' lot but parking spots nearest the entrances for those with very temporary issues (thus no blue or red placard). Saved our behinds as DH blew out his knee just before we left. He could manage to hobble from the overflow parking to the entrances but we rented an ECV for him for the rest of the day.
                            That's good to hear. Despite all the bloggers and content on Twitter, I had never so much as seen a picture of where to rent the wheelchairs at Pixar Pals. I'm curious where they ended up putting it, as the last I saw the ground floor seemed to be exclusively for security/loading. I do hope the trams return soon once capacity restrictions ease.

Comment

I don't see Chapek providing services, that have traditionally been available for free, making a return under Bob Chapek. Possibly they will come back in the future but for a fee. Chapek could say they are bringing the tram back for older folks and the those with disabilities, but they need to charge a fee to discourage the masses from limiting those who truly need to use them. Win Win for Chapek. Limit tram usage and maintenance, limit employee costs all while making a profit off of something they provided for free in the past. Kind of like Disney World's Magical express bus in Florida that use to take Disney World resort guests for free from Orlando Airport directly to their Disney World resort. Chapek discontinued that a few months ago but is making it available again, for a fee per person now.

Nickel and dime folks.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                I don't see Chapek providing services, that have traditionally been available for free, making a return under Bob Chapek. Possibly they will come back in the future but for a fee. Chapek could say they are bringing the tram back for older folks and the those with disabilities, but they need to charge a fee to discourage the masses from limiting those who truly need to use them. Win Win for Chapek. Limit tram usage and maintenance, limit employee costs all while making a profit off of something they provided for free in the past. Kind of like Disney World's Magical express bus in Florida that use to take Disney World resort guests for free from Orlando Airport directly to their Disney World resort. Chapek discontinued that a few months ago but is making it available again, for a fee per person now.

Nickel and dime folks.
                                can be true..........the way Chapek is running the company imo
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post

Nickel and dime folks.
                                  Bingo. Upcharging for previously free services is another of the many reasons that the Chapek regime is called Pressler 2.0. Paul was notorious for it. Anyone remember the outrage when he not only 'wayyy increased the price of souvenir hats and Mouse ears, but added an extra charge if you wanted to have your name stitched on your hat?

And yet people got used to it, and consumer demand for the Parks continued to grow. That's why the Chapek regime will continue increasing prices and upcharging for previously free "extras" like tram service.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Bingo. Up charging for previously free services is another of the many reasons that the Chapek regime is called Pressler 2.0. Paul was notorious for it. Anyone remember the outrage when he not only 'wayyy increased the price of souvenir hats and Mouse ears, but added an extra charge if you wanted to have your name stitched on your hat?

And yet people got used to it, and consumer demand for the Parks continued to grow. That's why the Chapek regime will continue increasing prices and upcharging for previously free "extras" like tram service.
                                    That the name-Upcharging!

Chapek regime is already do it to Disney + streaming service......
                                    as well rising the fee, for the service.....
                                    He doing it cross the company........Noting surprise me any more ,with this Company

YEP Nickel and dime....I would not put it pass ,this leadership!
                                    IMO
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

New for 2021/2022, TramPASS! Be sure to add this feature on to your ticket when making your next DLR reservation! TramPASS! offers limited use (one roundtrip) of our trams to and from the M&F and PP structures to our Downtown Disney District.
                                      Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                                        New for 2021/2022, TramPASS! Be sure to add this feature on to your ticket when making your next DLR reservation! TramPASS! offers limited use (one roundtrip) of our trams to and from the M&F and PP structures to our Downtown Disney District.
                                        I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X