Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Autism Kids

What is the post-pandemic procedure for autistic kids? Is there still a pass to get at City Hall?

Post-pandemic? Why post-pandemic? Is the pandemic already over?

Comment

Figure out triggers, use noise canceling headphones etc if they need it. I guess it would depend on the situation.

Comment

check in at City Hall in Disneyland or Guest Relations in DCA (next to the First Aid)...ask about the DAS service
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
          Figure out triggers, use noise canceling headphones etc if they need it. I guess it would depend on the situation.
          This sounds okay so as for them to have a bit of focus.

Comment

Originally posted by CDReed View Post
            What is the post-pandemic procedure for autistic kids? Is there still a pass to get at City Hall?
            I have a friend with an autistic child and they used noise cancelling headphones with Disney music playing as DLR is highly stimulating environment but it still gave him the magic and said it made a huge difference as there can be a lot of triggers, also maybe a light jacket or plushy as their "comfort armor " as well as have some simple tasks that they can do such as counting something they see like mickey ears etc, as you traverse the park to keep their focus on a single element can be helpful. They also try and stear clear of choke points such as the Adventureland bridge/Jungle Cruise area or Tomorrowland on either side of the rockets. They primarily use the paths either to the left or right of the castle that are often lightly trafficked to go from Main Street to the back of the park where it's less crowded. The wearing of noise cancelling headphones is a good low key signal to CM's they are autistic which is another reason my friends used them for their son. Things will likely work out and you should all have an amazing time on your visit. Let us know how it goes on here after your visit.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X