Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst experience ever in DTD tonight

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst experience ever in DTD tonight


    I had the worst experience I have ever had at Disneyland this evening.

    First I want to say that Im C19 vaccinated and always were my mask however Disney staff at DTD seemed anxious to over step their authority. I even went to DTD months ago when OC was about to enter the most dangerous purple tier the DTD staff were great but this evening they were horrible.

    I wear RX glasses and masks often cause my glasses to fog. It doesn’t matter was type of mask I use because my frames tend to be oversized. So often I have to lower the mask below my nose so I can see because otherwise they fog up.

    Even though OC is now in a safer tier and Disney in Florida actually stopped the mask mandate today. The DTD staff were actually yelling at me because my nose was exposed. Remember this was when I was outside and walking. The DTD staff sure seemed to be overreacting and were just mean. DTD was also very crowded (almost too crowded) and
    the staff does nothing to keep walking traffic organized and directional which is surprising if they really cared about reducing vectors of C19 transmission. I guess that yelling at guests who cant see when their glass fog up is easier and more rewarding.

    Secondly I made the trip to DTD because I saw it reported the Back Lot Sudio 17 store was open today to sell Avengers Campus Merch. To my surprise after walking all the way there that area is only accessible by those inside DCA. The last time I checked I thought that place opened for those not in the park, but I was eventually told when the park recently reopened that store was again closed to those in DTD.

    So after getting yelled at by DTD staff and wasting time going the non-accessible Back Lot Studio 17, I proceeded to have to get my parking stub validated at Starbucks with a $20 purchase. So I drive up to the parking stub guy and hand him my validated stub since I was only there for less than an hour and he said I owed $10 bucks for parking. I was shocked since I already gave his a $20 validated stub that’s good for 3 hours but he said that I would still have to pay an extra $10 for the first hour. After I proceeded to tell him of my failed attempt to the Back Lot Studio 17 shop and honestly told him that Disney Corp is ****** up for charging that extra $10 on top of validation he let me off the hook. It wasn’t his fault Disney is destroying decades of goodwill in a single hour.
    Last edited by iAMiRONMAN; 05-29-2021, 11:31 PM.

  • #2
    You are mad because they were enforcing the rules that you agree to upon entering their property?
    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

    Comment


    • #3
      I was wearing a mask plus Im vaccinated. I believe I followed the rules. Being able to see is a critical part of being able to social distance you know

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
        You are mad because they were enforcing the rules that you agree to upon entering their property?
        Bingo. And then he started a thread in which he justified his behavior. A thread in which he fudges the facts to make CMs the perpetrators and himself the innocent victim.

        The forum usually gets one of these threads every couple of years or so. The details vary but the format is always the same: a thread with a clickbait title; and an OP in which the poster broke the rules at DLR, got busted, and whined that he was the innocent victim of unfair treatment at the hands of rude CMs.

        The course of these threads is the same: some members call out the OP as b.s.; others defend the OP; the OP adds multiple posts that defend himself; and the thread ends up locked or moved to the Litter Box.
        Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 05-30-2021, 08:29 AM.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

        - Walt Disney

        "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

        "It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
          I was wearing a mask plus Im vaccinated. I believe I followed the rules. Being able to see is a critical part of being able to social distance you know
          Note the logic of that post, folks -- it's a perfect example of how the creators of these self-serving threads twist truth to justify their own rule-breaking. The format is always the same: They insist that they or someone in their group had a special need that required they ignore all or part of a DLR rule; they are completely convinced that their action was justified and that it had no negative effect on other guests; and they accuse CMs of treating them rudely. After their OP, they double down on their insistence that they were the innocent victims of mistreatment.

          These are the kinds of guests who make lives miserable to Disney CMs. Thankfully they are in the minority.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

          - Walt Disney

          "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

          "It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

          Comment


          • #6
            Nothing happens in a vacuum. Imagine how many people a day the DTD staff have to deal with for violating Covid protocols there, you'd be stern in their shoes too.
            "Have I gone mad?"
            "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
              I was wearing a mask plus Im vaccinated. I believe I followed the rules. Being able to see is a critical part of being able to social distance you know
              If you were wearing a mask (which means covering your nose & chin) then the CM's would have nothing to "yell" at you about.

              I wear glasses and understand the glasses fogging up thing. The proper thing to do when this happens is to step aside and remove your glasses to allow them to defog. A proper fitting mask with an adjustable nose bridge and your glasses sitting on top of your mask helps a lot.

              Comment


              • #8
                My issue was that DTD staff were ‘yelling’. Note that yelling is a likely and greater method of dispersing airborne particulates than talking normally.

                Secondly Im all for mask, since all the way back February of 2020 (over a year) I have been a huge advocate of N95 masks since they are the only ones the are scientifically proven to be effective at removing harmful particles. Almost all the masks people were wearing in DTD are hardly effective and its more of a symbolic gesture than anything. I agree that wearing a crappy mask is better than no mask but lets not ‘over sell’ the filtration efficiency of crappy made-in-china-masks since they are barely helpful (especially outside).
                Last edited by iAMiRONMAN; 05-30-2021, 08:55 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                  If you were wearing a mask (which means covering your nose & chin) then the CM's would have nothing to "yell" at you about.

                  I wear glasses and understand the glasses fogging up thing. The proper thing to do when this happens is to step aside and remove your glasses to allow them to defog. A proper fitting mask with an adjustable nose bridge and your glasses sitting on top of your mask helps a lot.
                  Exactly. There are also anti-fog sprays that can be applied to glasses.

                  Unfortunately, there is no solution to narcissistic behavior. A guest who believes his own needs are more important than the rule he has broken is unreachable by logic. He has created a mini alternate reality in which he is completely justified and everyone else is wrong.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                  - Walt Disney

                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

                  "It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anti-fog does not work. Ive tried. So you apparently believe that yelling at guests is a helpful solution? I don't think everyone else is wrong. Thats absurd and putting words in my mouth. I’m just saying the few DTD staff should not ‘yell’ at their guests because their solution is indeed worse than my apparent infraction.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was at the park and DTD yesterday and they were very strict about the mask policy. My group was even approached for drinking water while walking.

                      They're a private company with tons of legal liabilities, so they will adjust their policies when they deem it safest, not necessarily when the county/state does. By being in their property, we must follow their rules.

                      Cast members have been looking a little defeated, and I have a feeling it has to do with having to deal with the ever-changing rules and policies. So while I empathize with you on the foggy glasses/mask situation, the cast members don't have time to ask each person on a case-by-case basis of why someone's mask is down. They have rules that they have been told to enforce by their management and all they can do is enforce it.

                      Also, you probably should have checked the Disneyland website to see if Studio 17 was available for non-park guests, especially if you were going there specifically for it. I remember reading updates that it was closing for DTD guests even before the parks opened.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                        Anti-fog does not work. Ive tried. So you apparently believe that yelling at guests is a helpful solution? I don't think everyone else is wrong. Thats absurd and putting words in my mouth. I’m just saying the few DTD staff should not ‘yell’ at their guests because their solution is indeed worse than my apparent infraction.
                        "I didn't break any rules."
                        "The CMs treated me rudely."
                        Lather, rinse, repeat.

                        First rule when you've dug yourself into a hole: "Stop digging."

                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

                        - Walt Disney

                        "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

                        "It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                          My issue was that DTD staff were ‘yelling’. Note that yelling is a likely and greater method of dispersing airborne particulates than talking normally.

                          Secondly Im all for mask, since all the way back February of 2020 (over a year) I have been a huge advocate of N95 masks since they are the only ones the are scientifically proven to be effective at removing harmful particles. Almost all the masks people were wearing in DTD are hardly effective and its more of a symbolic gesture than anything. I agree that wearing a crappy mask is better than no mask but lets not ‘over sell’ the filtration efficiency of crappy made-in-china-masks since they are barely helpful (especially outside).
                          Your critiques of cloth masks and your fixation on "yelling" belie the fact you weren't even properly wearing your own mask. The efficacy of n95 masks is rendered moot if it's not being worn correctly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by iAMiRONMAN View Post
                            I was wearing a mask plus Im vaccinated. I believe I followed the rules. Being able to see is a critical part of being able to social distance you know
                            But wearing the mask under your nose isn’t following the rules... you are taking the “rules don’t apply to me” attitude.
                            Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                              Bingo. And then he started a thread in which he justified his behavior. A thread in which he fudges the facts to make CMs the perpetrators and himself the innocent victim.

                              The forum usually gets one of these threads every couple of years or so. The details vary but the format is always the same: a thread with a clickbait title; and an OP in which the poster broke the rules at DLR, got busted, and whined that he was the innocent victim of unfair treatment at the hands of rude CMs.

                              The course of these threads is the same: some members call out the OP as b.s.; others defend the OP; the OP adds multiple posts that defend himself; and the thread ends up locked or moved to the Litter Box.
                              I was actually going to just respond with "away to the litterbox with you!" but you kind of got to the punch before me.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I sympathize. My glasses used to fog up, too. Fortunately, I figured out how to "tent" my mask just right, so that my glasses (mostly) wouldn't fog. True, that allows air to circulate without having to go through the material, but to everyone else my mask looks perfectly fine.

                                Should people do that indoors? No. But the current medical consensus is that COVID doesn't spread very well outdoors. So, requiring people to wear masks while outside and reasonably distanced is "Health Safety Theatre." As was requiring temperature checks.

                                The decision makers know this, I'm sure, but they require it anyway. Because they want guests to feel safe, and that's what people in California still expect at this point.

                                And you should respect their wishes and allow them that "fig leaf of safety", because they are trying to keep the doors open and people employed. So, tent your mask just enough so you can breathe freely and keep your glasses clear, but don't make it obvious that you are not complying with their rules. Win-win.

                                Or, do what I did and move to Florida!

                                FYI, I'm also vaccinated, but that doesn't matter because Disney isn't checking people's vaccination cards and probably never will.
                                Last edited by whiteness; 05-30-2021, 01:49 PM.
                                Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Send Disney and email detailing the situation and inform them that will not be returning anytime soon due to the treatment you received. And then keep your word (and money) and spend it at at businesses that appreciate you and your money.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    OP; You must be special? I mean, either get with the program and follow all the rules, or stay away. Simple.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      There some people that live in there own world...........

                                      I AGREE with most member's.....in this tread
                                      as well with this statement
                                      Originally posted by Quentin View Post

                                      But wearing the mask under your nose isn’t following the rules... you are taking the “rules don’t apply to me” attitude.
                                      And This
                                      Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                                      "I didn't break any rules."
                                      "The CMs treated me rudely."
                                      Lather, rinse, repeat.

                                      First rule when you've dug yourself into a hole: "Stop digging."
                                      Last edited by Eagleman; 05-30-2021, 04:18 PM.
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Coming from someone who is quite blind and wears glasses on the regular, but still wears my mask over my nose –– Wear contacts.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X