Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Membership Refund Update (suggestions welcome/needed)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Membership Refund Update (suggestions welcome/needed)

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend purchased an annual pass in May 2019 on the payment plan and paid it off in full on January 3, 2020. We have called three months in a row trying to get an update. The following process takes place at every call: we call in and they said the refund was in process. When we ask how the refund was processed (ie. check vs. bank account vs. credit card) they go in to check and then see a note that says he isn’t due anything. We then request to speak to a supervisor who sees and confirms the payment in January and that a refund is due. When we ask when to expect it and how we will receive the refund, nobody can provide that information. When we called on Wednesday, the cast member told him that they had originally been instructed to tell everyone that they would be getting refunds even if they couldn’t show they were due one because they had no information in the beginning. He was supposed to file an escalation case, but we later learned on Thursday that he did not. The cast member this morning asked him what made him think he was due a refund at all (before checking with the supervisor and confirming the above information). She could see the escalation from Thursday’s call was submitted, so that is promising. I asked for a rough timeline to expect a refund, if there was a confirmation number we could have to reference, where we should be looking to watch for a refund, and she couldn’t tell us anything.

Has anyone else had this happen, or know someone who did? We are open to any advice or suggestions on what we can do to help resolve this faster.

We were Signature Plus holders who spent tens of thousands of dollars in the parks. If Disney can’t make this right for us, then we have to give the company up. I understand that they are a corporation. At what point is customer service important?

If nothing else, thanks for listening. I’ve been around for years, and am finally feeling like the company is more of a money grab than anything else these days.

I went thru almost the same thing. I paid off my signature AP in Jan 2020 and the park closed before i activated it.. I called many times was told it was being processed and cal back in two weeks... This went on for months.. I did get a check in the mail for a full refund a couple of weeks ago... No email or any other notice that it was issued

Comment

Email your local network TV news channel's consumer affairs reporter. (Don't bother with ABC) Tell them everything you have done in an attempt to get the money back and ask them to look into for you. If they agree to do so, and contact Disney, you will have your money back in a matter of hours. Disney doesn't want it getting out they are giving their customers the run around.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
        Email your local network TV news channel's consumer affairs reporter. (Don't bother with ABC) Tell them everything you have done in an attempt to get the money back and ask them to look into for you. If they agree to do so, and contact Disney, you will have your money back in a matter of hours. Disney doesn't want it getting out they are giving their customers the run around.
        This.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Goldendreamer I'm sorry to hear of your experience. It is unfortunate that you experienced that kind of runaround. It seems that these stories are more common these days. We were also former Signature + holders and spend tens of thousands of dollars in the park over the past few years. However, post-pandemic, our appetites have soured under the current management regime and we are taking a long, possibly VERY long break from Disney.

To your question, use social media, their twitter account, facebook account, etc to try and make direct contact with them. Hopefully you'll find a sympathetic ear in customer service there.

To the greater question...

I learned a good saying from a wise poster on this board "there's more to life than Disney" and that is coming from a family that really loved many things Disney. - thanks Eagleman

There is a Disney (and Disneyland) that still lives in my heart, memories, and dreams, but for now, I'm taking a loooooong break to preserve the quality of those memories and experience. A time and season for all things.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
            [USER="87676"]

I learned a good saying from a wise poster on this board "there's more to life than Disney" and that is coming from a family that really loved many things Disney. - thanks Eagleman
            THANK YOU my Friendfor the kind words........
            "In My Humble Opinion"
            I just feel ,there is lot more to life and to see ,...and be part of !
            I also have many memories, and dreams ,That keep me going ....not just Disney.

Last edited by Eagleman; 06-02-2021, 08:31 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X