Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terms to Avoid

For your convenience, here are some terms to possibly avoid on MC:

AP - Does not exist! In bold! Use YTBNDLMP instead. Use of “AP” may result in being getting copy pasta of loosely related quotes from Disney execs.

Rides - They are Attractions. Otherwise you will be dead to some MiceChatter(s) and that would be the worst!

Disney - As in “We went to Disney last weekend”. Use Disneyland or Walt Disney World accordingly. Failure to use these terms means you can’t sit with us. Also on Wednesdays, we wear pink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lol.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	8639176

Can we get the exact definition of YTBNDLMP, since I partially coined it, I'd like to be certain I use it properly!

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

Can we get the exact definition of YTBNDLMP, since I partially coined it, I'd like to be certain I use it properly!
      Good point.
      SkunkID

Although I kind of like the idea of it not being clear; somehow that makes sense with it.

Comment

ALSO if you'd like to make a complaint, wait two weeks for a Micechat article highlighting those same concerns to be released. You will avoid getting dog-piled!

Comment

Captain Andy brings up a good point about posting a new thread. I would suggest to also avoid:

Asking an honest question about enjoying the parks with the newest members of your family. The answer is you don’t!

Asking about how to meet fellow park fans romantically. This is no place for your happily ever after!

Comment

I enjoy using as much jargon as I can. That definitely pushes me into the elite tiers of Disney fandom.

Comment

Oh, a suggested correction. We do not use "Disneyland", we use Disneyland Resort (or DLR to be very precise!).

Comment

In some seriousness, using Disney without land or world can be legitimately confusing as seen in this exchange (but let’s not pretend it isn’t also a gatekeeper tactic).

Comment

Yet To Be Named DisneyLand Membership Program.

Though adding additional letters or changing the definitions of words is perfectly acceptable and only adds to the chaos which might prompt official updates.

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post

Yet To Be Named DisneyLand Membership Program.

Though adding additional letters or changing the definitions of words is perfectly acceptable and only adds to the chaos which might prompt official updates.
                    haha, I knew the actual meaning...I was the one who started it But I love arbitrary abbreviations that may not make sense to anyone...

Comment

It has been decided! It is now YTBNDLRMP.

Keep adding more letters people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                        Disney - As in “We went to Disney last weekend”. Use Disneyland or Walt Disney World accordingly. Failure to use these terms means you can’t sit with us.
                        Too late...

The Monty Python Disney Sketch

Scene: The Carnation Café, Main Street, Disneyland. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings with horned helmets on. A man and his wife enter and seat themselves at a table. A waitress approaches.

Man: (to Waitress) Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and Disney; egg bacon and Disney; egg, bacon, sausage and Disney; Disney, bacon, sausage and Disney; Disney, egg, Disney, Disney, bacon and Disney; Disney, sausage, Disney, Disney, bacon, Disney, tomato and Disney...

Vikings: (starting to chant) Disney Disney Disney Disney...

Waitress: ...Disney, Disney, Disney, egg and Disney; Disney, Disney, Disney, Disney, Disney, Disney, baked beans, Disney, Disney, Disney...

Vikings: (singing) Disney! Lovely Disney! Lovely Disneyyyyy!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor au Crevettes with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and Disney.

Wife: Have you got anything without Disney?

Waitress: Well, there's Disney, egg, sausage and Disney; that's not got much Disney in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY Disney!

Man: Why can't she have egg, bacon, Disney and sausage?

Wife: That’s got Disney in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much Disney in it as Disney, egg, sausage and Disney, has it?

Vikings: Disney Disney Disney Disney (crescendo through next few lines)...

Wife: Could you do the egg, bacon, Disney and sausage without the Disney then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like Disney!

Vikings: Lovely Disney! Wonderful Disneyyyyyy!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely Disney! Wonderful Disneyyyyy!

Waitress: SHUT UP! (Vikings stop singing) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg, bacon, Disney and sausage without the Disney.

Wife: (shrieks) I don't like Disney!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your Disney. I love it. I'm having Disney Disney Disney Disney Disney Disney Disney beaked beans Disney Disney Disney and Disney!

Vikings: (singing) Disney Disney Disney Disney! Lovely Disney! Wonderful Disneyyyyy!

Waitress: SHUT UP! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her Disney instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean Disney Disney Disney Disney Disney Disney... (the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (singing loudly) Disney, Disney, Disney, Disneyyyy! Lovely Disney! Wonderful Disneyyyyyyy!

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Oh, a suggested correction. We do not use "Disneyland", we use Disneyland Resort (or DLR to be very precise!).
                          I'm sorry, according to the Style Guide it's technically "Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort". For example, when crossing the 3rd security checkpoint at the borders of the Disneyland Resort, you might be required to announce, "I'm traveling to the Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort and I have nothing to declare, officer".

Also, while we're here, I need to clarify something else, it's "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim". Mike Trout himself will appear before you in a magic cloud and present season tickets if you say it correctly three times.

(Silly smiley emoji with the tongue sticking out)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Stringer View Post

it's "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim". Mike Trout himself will appear before you in a magic cloud and present season tickets if you say it correctly three times.
                            Says it 3 times correctly. Now sits and waits patiently for Mike Trout to appear from a magic cloud...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Stringer View Post
                              I'm sorry, according to the Style Guide it's technically "Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort".
                              Not to nitpick, but actually it's "Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort­®".

The ® is pronounced in the back of the throat -- the sound is somewhere between a glottal stop and Donald Duck hocking up phlegm.

(Fan wannabes often embarrass themselves by saying © instead of ®. When to use which is for another thread.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

I would like to take this time to update the term for Dead AP's from YTBNDLMP to YTBNDLMPBNRKWTHIWBICAP

YTBNDLMPBNRKWTHIWBICAP = Yet To Be Named DisneyLand Membership Program Because Nobody Really Knows What The Heck It Will Be Including Chapek At Present

...or AP for short.

Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I generally dislike Facebook, but having the post reactions would be really great on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post

Says it 3 times correctly. Now sits and waits patiently for Mike Trout to appear from a magic cloud...
                                    The Mike Trout in a Magic Cloud attraction is currently undergoing seasonal improvements. Please enjoy other Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim adventures.

Have you tried Shohei Ohtani's Enchanted Baseball Room?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Not to nitpick, but actually it's "Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort­®".

The ® is pronounced in the back of the throat -- the sound is somewhere between a glottal stop and Donald Duck hocking up phlegm.

(Fan wannabes often embarrass themselves by saying © instead of ®. When to use which is for another thread.)

Correct! And did you know, "Disneyland® disneyland® Disneyland® disneyland® disneyland® disneyland® Disneyland® disneyland®" is a grammatically correct sentence in English, often presented as an example of how homonyms and homophones can be used to create complicated linguistic constructs through lexical ambiguity?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                                        Disney - As in “We went to Disney last weekend”. Use Disneyland or Walt Disney World accordingly. Failure to use these terms means you can’t sit with us. Also on Wednesdays, we wear pink.
                                        ^This!

This might be my biggest pet peeve. Disney is not a place. It's not even refer to as Disney's, (which is actually grammatically correct, when referring to Disneyland), but just DISNEY.

Now I just need to a find a pink shirt for today

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X