Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Avengers Stunts and Shows look great

The New Avengers stunts and shows look great from the MC Videos, but will they stay? And are they even doing shows at Galaxy’s Edge like they did before?

Wait...they did shows at SWGE?? 🤔

I think Spiderman jumping around, flipping and falling over will likely stay since it's elevated away from crowds. Whether the rest on ground level even starts or stays is a bigger question.

ETA: i know SWGE is supposed to have shows, I was being sarcastic in my comment
    Last edited by lemuth0922; 06-04-2021, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

I think Spiderman jumping around, flipping and falling over will likely stay since it's elevated away from crowds. Whether the rest on ground level even starts or stays is a bigger question.
      SWGE has built-in 'performance areas' similar to Avengers Campus....buts funds for said shows were cut before the land opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
        SWGE has built-in 'performance areas' similar to Avengers Campus....buts funds for said shows were cut before the land opened.
        Yep. Those and many other cuts were made by the then-head of Disney Parks, now CEO of the Disney Company, Bob "Cheaptastic" Chapek.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

They built the land to be able to have stunt shows like what we're seeing in Avengers Campus, however for some reason the Star Wars ones were literally only ever done on media preview day and never again. So if we get the Avengers stunt shows even today they will have outlived what they did for SW. Not for nothing but Marvel has made Disney billions of dollars in the last decade and I bet if Kevin Feige fights to have the stunt shows remain, he'll get what he wants. Especially when those elements are going to be a huge draw for the area, the new Spider-Man ride isn't an E-ticket by any stretch and Disney knows it, they didn't do anything on the scale of Rise of the Resistance for Avengers (yet) and they need things to keep guests engaged.
          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
          July 13th-18th
          November 19th-25th

Comment

I hope so since it would add energy to the land and it sorely needs some spice. For all its faults, SWGE is at least visually more interesting than what I am seeing thus far (industrial/modern buildings just don’t appeal to me).

The guardians tower somehow stands out in its new land even more than it did before.

Comment

I just hope the first time one of the arms of the Flying Spidey ( not the official name but that's what I am calling it ) stick and he starts tumbling oddly they get the approval to fix it and not just stick it on a shelf.
              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

The Dr. Strange show looks terrible to me. The Spider-man stunt-figure looks fun, though.
                "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                  The Dr. Strange show looks terrible to me. The Spider-man stunt-figure looks fun, though.
                  I agree feel as though DLR thinks the public doesn't all have flat screens at home and in their pocket. They seem to rely heavily on screens and some instances as if they are pulling one over on guests but it comes across as obviously a screen. Like a magic/stunt show where you can obviously see the wires.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                    I just hope the first time one of the arms of the Flying Spidey ( not the official name but that's what I am calling it ) stick and he starts tumbling oddly they get the approval to fix it and not just stick it on a shelf.
                    This is very true, and currently we are planning a trip for next Summer. He may not love everything else there, but a flying spider man will blow my then five year old son's mind and I can't wait to see his reaction...just hoping that the show lasts that long.

Comment

Maybe they are competing with Universal Studios stunt show. Or is that even around? I am over 40 and have not been to Universal Studios since 1999 so I have no clue.

Comment

Maybe they are putting more budget into the new Marvel land since Galexy’s Edge has built in demand without shows.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                          Maybe they are putting more budget into the new Marvel land since Galexy’s Edge has built in demand without shows.
                          Hope for the best........something for the Guest as Entertainment goes !
                          (I not into MARVEL ....but sure there other's that our)
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

All the stunts and most of the characters will be eliminated in a few days or weeks if Cheapek has anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                              All the stunts and most of the characters will be eliminated in a few days or weeks if Cheapek has anything to do with it.
                              Have to agree
                              As Entertainment goes.....I sure, it would be short live- IMO
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                                and if Feige has anything to do with it, they won't get cut. Don't forget, Feige has way more leverage for something like that right now than even Lasseter ever could have dreamed of thanks to the insane popularity of the MCU and how many billions it has made the company.
                                Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                                July 13th-18th
                                November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                                  and if Feige has anything to do with it, they won't get cut.
                                  Unfortunately, Feige has no veto power over Parks budgets. Those calls are made by Chapek and his Parks executive team.

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
                                  Don't forget, Feige has way more leverage for something like that right now than even Lasseter ever could have dreamed of thanks to the insane popularity of the MCU and how many billions it has made the company.
                                  Sorry to say, that's not accurate. Lasseter was Disney's Chief Creative Officer, as well as creative head of Pixar. (In the Disney hierarchy, earnings are an important part of an executive's political clout, but are not the whole thing.)

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Where in California can I find a place that houses super heroes?
                                    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X