Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palm Springs Desert Sun: "Disney Imagineer who had lead role in Avengers Campus"

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    That is debatable. There was the alleged rumor, that a cheaper company was chosen to build the trackless portion of the ride, instead of the company that built Luigi's 2.0(the dancing car version).
    Definitely, there were deep budget cutbacks across the board. But Chapek didn't kill Rise entirely, unlike the fate of so many other elements of SW:GE that had been greenlit by Staggs.

The Avengers Campus E-ticket ride revealed to the world at the 2019 D23, however, is another story. Fans are unlikely to see it move forward any time soon.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-10-2021, 10:51 PM.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      The Avengers Campus E-ticket ride revealed to the world at the 2019 D23, however, is another story. Fans are unlikely to see it move forward any time soon.
      I agree sadly, I think they are going to milk Avengers Crampguests until Mickey's Runaway Railroad opens in a couple of years and then they will milk that while they slowly convert Splash. Then I would not be surprised to see nothing for at least 5 years after that while they tease the big expansion they teased a couple of months back as they will use that as a carrot to gain favor with the City and likely end up doing none of it until chapek gets the boot and his replacement needs a trophy.

A rough timeline looks like this: AC phase 1 - 2021 > Mickeys RR - 2023 > Princess & the Splash 2025 ( just in time for an anniversary) > then tease the expansion for the next half decade.
      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Also remember SWGE is actually supposed to have 3 Major Attractions and still has the expansion pad for the ride that was axed but they claimed that it would not be added later. I have often said just move Star Tours over there but they likely will not as long as the Star Trader keeps selling the heck out of merch.

My main questions that I wish we would get a clear answer on are:

- When is the 3rd attraction coming to SWGE?
        - When is the Wakanda Attraction coming to AC?
        - WHEN THE HECK ARE THEY GOING TO FIX TOMORROWLAND?????

I worry chapek has basically already decided to kick all these down to the next guy.
        Last edited by Starcade; 06-11-2021, 01:49 PM.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
          - When is the 3rd attraction coming to SWGE?
          Probably depends on merch sales for GE?

- When is the Wakanda Attraction coming to AC?
          Probably never?

- WHEN THE HECK ARE THEY GOING TO FIX TOMORROWLAND?????
          When there's enough new IP they want to promote for them to be able to stick in every corner of Tomorrowland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X