Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARVELous idea for the SE corner of DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARVELous idea for the SE corner of DCA?

A variation of the top of the Avengers NYC building (with the room where Hulk smashed Loki)
    would be cool at the SE corner of DCA (replacing 7-11, a few much smaller hotels, a rental car place, a service road, and some backstage stuff behind to Guardians ToT) in the block that the Disneyland Resort is located on. It should be called the Avengers HQ Hotel and have an even larger (now tiered) balcony, kind of like the one that the pre-smashed Loki landed on after arrow-guy shot him down, but even larger.

Maybe this hotel could have an E-ticket ride below it partly in the building--no Yeti-like monster!--and the balcony could be a wonderful space, 20 floors up looking out over DCA. Maybe with CA's answer to WDW's CA Grill: Jarvis' Grill a floor to two below the top.

And only restaurant & hotel guests could ride the slow & fast rides down into the park. The hotel could have another walking entrance into DCA.

Disney loves cloning things, so what they've learned from the Marvel-refurbed NYC hotel at the Disneyland Paris resort could be a good starting point for the interior decorating of this only American, Marvel-themed hotel.

While we're on the subject of DCA's new, MCpU land, I predict that the always-delightful Knott's Scary Farm will have a parody of it in their Hanging show with the flying Spiderman... --well, so many hilarious ways to go with this!

Note to our WDW-centered Micechat friends who haven't been to CA:
    Yes, The Disneyland Resort is located on one giant city block. The convenience is fantastic--think Universal Orlando, but with the entrances to the two parks located across from each other in a nice space. (That was Michael Ovitz's one excellent contribution to Disney, BTW.) Consider NOT getting a WDW timeshare if it's not too late & instead of going to WDW every summer, visit S. CA, Europe & Japan. You can still visit Disney parks (skip the Paris studios park!) and your kids will learn more. Maybe visit WDW every 3rd or 4th summer.

Disney, make each park so different & wonderful that visits to almost all of them would be more worthwhile.

--Tom Sinsky, USC M.F.A.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-08-2021, 04:00 PM.

UPDATE:

On another Disney fan forum, someone shared this photo below.
    So for the new Avengers HQ Hotel we'll have to replace:
    a few much smaller hotels,
    the 7-11,
    a service road,
    a car rental location,
    and some of the off-stage stuff currently behind the Guardians of Terror Tower.

Make it happen, Bob, and don't be so [email protected] slow, please.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 4.08.40 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	8639705
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-08-2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

the rumor is that Disney already owns that Candy Cane Inn (the shell company that owns it is called Cinderella Hotels (or Motels) and is the only hotel that they own. But that 7-11 will probably never sell because they are sitting on a gold mine. You also have to be careful to not put anything in that space that is too tall because you don't want it to break the immersion of the Cars Land rock work. but that part of the Disney property is slated as an expansion pad for Avengers Campus for an E-ticket with the Avengers HQ acting as the entrance.
      Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
      July 13th-18th
      November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
        that 7-11 will probably never sell because they are sitting on a gold mine. You also have to be careful to not put anything in that space that is too tall because you don't want it to break the immersion of the Cars Land rock work.
        I agree with this but if the *new hotel* or any new building on the edge of DCA or DL that needs to keep in theme can be handheld, by getting creative with the paint. The WDW art of animation hotel has a few great examples of this. The new cast admin building on the back of Luigi in CL does so as well.

So it's not impossible to do good blending/ hiding of sightlines when TDA/ Dis management gives the green light we know.
        Last edited by DznyFan17; 06-10-2021, 08:41 AM. Reason: I can't spell

check me out on Flickr
        www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping for an X-Men themed attraction to eventually be built, like the west coast school for the gifted that allows us to go through a "tour" of the X Mansion only for something to happen (because its the X Mansion, so something ALWAYS happens), and we have to escape before it explodes (because you can't have the X Mansion without major damage happening to it each movie/every other episode).

Comment

Disney will certainly need an Xmen ride and possibly a new Fantastic 4 attraction when they reboot those franchises in 2024 or so.
            Last edited by iAMiRONMAN; 06-11-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

We can only speculate if Disney own Candy Cane. But no way is 7-11 or the business located their will be selling off.

Comment

See post 24 & 31 in the thread linked below to get started with research about Disney owning the Candy Cane:

https://forums./threads/....902660/page-2

The 7-11 at Harbor & Katella usually doesn't seem particularly busy to me for a 7-11, and the owners might accept many times what they earn each year. According to this link, 7-11s don't earn as much as I'd expected:

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/7-elev...mation-1350391
                Last edited by jcruise86; 06-17-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Disney, make each park so different & wonderful that visits to almost all of them would be more worthwhile.[/I]
                  Underrated Sentiment. I completely agree.
                  Brian the Pooh

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X