Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Cast Members!

For any cast members on this board, thank you for all you do to go the extra mile! We took our 90-year-old grandmother for her birthday on June 1 and the cast members were amazing. Specifically, all of the cast members who went out of the way to make sure she was comfortable transitioning from her wheelchair made the day amazing.

It's nice to hear somebody having a good time at the park these days.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Kids are fun to interact with, but it's the elderly that melt my heart. I like to think they've been coming to Disneyland since the early days and age hasn't diminshed their enthusiasm for being there.
      And on behalf of all us Cast Members...you're welcome. We enjoy the thanks from those who understand why it is we love our jobs so much.

Comment

Excellent post, xPhoenix!

Comment

I always felt
          The Cast Member is true "MAGIC" at the the Disney parks

Side note:
          I feel the same for those, who work at Knott's as well .
          IMO
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

We took my daughter one year and on our last day as we were getting ready to leave (she wasn't feeling well), a cast member in the Grand Californian noticed and she pulled a Minnie stuffed animal right off the shelf, and gave it to her! I was so shocked, a small thing for Disney but what a huge thing at the time for my daughter. That $10 stuffed animal keeps me going back because of the extra effort. I'm so so thankful for those cast members who go out of their way just to make someone's day. THNAK YOU! Disney would be nothing without their great people!

Comment

My best cast member interaction occurred years ago at the Wine Country Trattoria; a family seated next to my table got up and left with a full plate of macarons still on the table, ready to be thrown in a dumpster. The waiter overheard me and my group complaining about how much food they were wasting, and he came over to us with a full plate of macarons for free!

If that waiter is reading this, thank you kindly sir.
              Brian the Pooh

Comment

I can say with all honesty that minus the one experience (CM was put in bad situation and became flippant toward guests rather then attempt to fix the situation)...I have personally experienced nothing but excellent hosting by all the CM's. Are some a lil distracted by friends or lacking focus or awareness? Sure but we all have been guilty of this from time to time. I have seen some truly magical moments that various CM's have created for various guests that really put a smile on my face. From the piano player at the GCH suddenly changing his tune to a Frozen song for the little girl standing near by dressed as Elsa watching and encouraging her to sing along, to the nurse in DCA who took care of my wife on our third day of a 3 vacation in which all but myself caught a rotovirus at the park and gave us passes to return another day since she knew our day was ruined, to Hotel checkin clerk telling my girls they won a special gift and upgraded us free of charge to a view room near the top overlooking DCA from our standard room because it was their birthday, to a Main Street Starbucks employee giving our girls each a free Mickey Balloons just because they felt "they needed them" to the CM in SWGE during the first couple of weeks preview waving us into the FP line on the Falcon ride before it was in use saving us a 60min. wait time because my Astroids/Alderaan mashup shirt made them laugh. I have many more but these are some examples all over the resort of CM's going out of their way to bring some magic to our day.

I do worry though that these stories are in jeopardy as DLR has lost many great CM's and doesn't seem to put training new CM's as thoroughly as they once were. I keep hearing stories of CM's basically being put into bad situations in a sink or swim scenario rather than providing them thorough training and mentoring to bring them up to what once was the world standard in guest relations. People used to work for the parks for years if not decades and many would work there and then later return years later to work there again. I keep hearing stories of a revolving door for front line CM's and this saddens me. I often thought when I am semi retired DLR would be a great place to work putting smiles on peoples faces and surrounding myself with happy guests to keep the spark going, but the lack of DLR backing their CM's and the hopes they have to jump through with scheduling and the having to hike in to the parks etc. have me worried that my semi retirement plans are likely unrealistic. But I still hold out hope as long as there is traces of pixie dust left.
                Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Cast Member
                  Great people..........with specials gifts......dealing with guest can have enjoyment for a time !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

I do worry though that these stories are in jeopardy as DLR has lost many great CM's and doesn't seem to put training new CM's as thoroughly as they once were. I keep hearing stories of CM's basically being put into bad situations in a sink or swim scenario rather than providing them thorough training and mentoring to bring them up to what once was the world standard in guest relations. People used to work for the parks for years if not decades and many would work there and then later return years later to work there again. I keep hearing stories of a revolving door for front line CM's and this saddens me. I often thought when I am semi retired DLR would be a great place to work putting smiles on peoples faces and surrounding myself with happy guests to keep the spark going, but the lack of DLR backing their CM's and the hopes they have to jump through with scheduling and the having to hike in to the parks etc. have me worried that my semi retirement plans are likely unrealistic. But I still hold out hope as long as there is traces of pixie dust left.
                    The title of this thread is "Thank You Cast Members". There are plenty of other threads to convey the negatives.
                    Last edited by SuperHappyCM; 06-09-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I've never met a cast member I didn't like Sometimes, they make the whole day worthwhile. Thank you, all of you!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X