Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's a small world song - Love it or hate it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t like it…but it because little kids are singing the lyrics to the song. I don’t find choir of kids singing charming.

Comment

I love the song and the attraction it’s associated with. It’s the quintessential Sherman Brothers song and will live on longer than most of us.
      sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        Love it. The song and the ride remind me of visiting Disneyland during the "Wow decade" of the 60s with the excitement of Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, Small World, Tomorrowland '67, Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
        That sums it up for me. It evokes a time when the park was a truly wonderful place.

Comment

Hate it!!!...now do us all a favor and remove this waste of space ride with one that is worth getting in line for!

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
            Hate it!!!...now do us all a favor and remove this waste of space ride with one that is worth getting in line for!
            The poll results in this very thread disagree strenuously with your apparent vision of "us all."
            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post

The poll results in this very thread disagree strenuously with your apparent vision of "us all."
              I would be incredibly sad if they ever take out this ride. That's not just removing an attraction, but a commentary about how something with a message of kindness and unity doesn't have a place in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

From infant to about 10 I would have said love it. From 10-30 I would have said hated it. 30- I have been indifferent

Exactly how I feel. You couldn't of been more precise 👌

Comment

I answered 'indifferent' as I don't have strong feelings either way, but I do enjoy the ride and the song. It's a sweet tune and optimistic lyrics. What's not to like?
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Love it.
                    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Still wish it gone..dont care

Comment

Then don’t use language to inflate your opinion that is clearly in the minority.

You were called out for it. No one was trying to change your mind (because we don’t care either).

Comment

I love it, I think it is much less repetitive than people exagerate it to be.

For me on a personal level it reminds me of childhood Disneyland trips with my mom and just the bright vibrant colors and singing it with her. My brain just goes back there whenever I hear the song so while I understand some of my friends without that history not caring for it I think I'll always have a connection with the ride.
                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

it's a small world is one of the most influential rides for me, as it instilled a passion for geography when I was young. I remember going to the library when I was little and picking up a big book on clothing from around the world. I studied that book religiously so that when I went on its a small world again, I would be able to pinpoint exactly what countries were being represented. I went on that ride multiple times in a row each visit just to memorize every detail, and it is easily my most ridden Disney attraction to this day. I still have a vast collection of drawings from my childhood depicting the various characters and settings from the ride. While it isn't my #1 attraction at Disneyland, it is by far the one I have the most personal connection to.
                            Brian the Pooh

Comment

No one is making you ride it. It's in the far back corner of the park; you don't even have to walk past it if you don't want to. Its existence is not an imposition on you.

Comment

"Some Time"
                                I just want know what TIME is it ,in a Fun Way.......
                                it's a small world-" I Love the Clock"
                                Another great way to hear the song......with out going on the ride!(((()))))
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

Then don’t use language to inflate your opinion that is clearly in the minority.

You were called out for it. No one was trying to change your mind (because we don’t care either).
                                  You know what...I can use whatever language (if not offensive/or mean hearted) that I feel in that moment....dont recall you being the MC Moderator either. Kind of calling the Kettle Black ehhhh...?? After all..."Its a Small World After All"!!!

Comment

No one is making you ride it. It's in the far back corner of the park; you don't even have to walk past it if you don't want to. Its existence is not an imposition on you.
                                    Not really...based on the amount of wasted space it occupies along with that whole "Rides of Yesterland" boat lagoon. For a park that is so cramped for space...I find it ridiculous that everyone just wants to turn a blind eye and not realize how many cool rides/experiences Disney can put there.

Comment

No one is turning a blind eye; we just feel that there is already a cool ride/experience in that space and the real waste would be demolishing that unique artpiece. It's not "wasted space" if the ride currently occupying it is popular, just because it's not your cup of tea.

If you really think the park could make better use of that footprint, the least you could do is share some example ideas of your own--specific ideas, not just "something cool," which is about as non-specific as one can get and entirely subjective to boot. Without any idea what you have in mind, we might be forced to assume that you don't have anything in mind and are motivated solely by hatred for "it's a small world," and that you would be happy to have them knock it down with no replacement.

But then that's just the impression I get, and I shouldn't assume I'm in the majority.

Comment

No one is turning a blind eye; we just feel that there is already a cool ride/experience in that space and the real waste would be demolishing that unique artpiece. It's not "wasted space" if the ride currently occupying it is popular, just because it's not your cup of tea.

If you really think the park could make better use of that footprint, the least you could do is share some example ideas of your own--specific ideas, not just "something cool," which is about as non-specific as one can get and entirely subjective to boot. Without any idea what you have in mind, we might be forced to assume that you don't have anything in mind and are motivated solely by hatred for "it's a small world," and that you would be happy to have them knock it down with no replacement.

But then that's just the impression I get, and I shouldn't assume I'm in the majority.
                                        Fair enough...but I also know in the past when folks have "grandiose idea's" of what they would do to the parks it opens up a whole other can of critique worms to go along with it. Ill just hate it to myself then and wish it gone one day. I cant imagine whats worse then listening to that stupid song on loop...god forbid you get stuck in that ride.

Comment

I've been stuck on it...believe me, it's worse when they turn the music off, because the dolls keep going, only now all you hear is the hissing and clicking of hundreds of animatronic parts...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X