Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope drop music?

I watched the 6/15 rope drop video linked on the main page but what is that song (including a sort-of-funky arrangement of the Mickey Mouse Club March) - is that new? I don't recall ever hearing it. Pretty awful corporate groove. Reminds me of the Disco Mickey Mouse Club of the 70s (but worse).

With so much good stuff to pick from...

I haven't been back since March 2020 (I would arrive at rope drop for almost every visit). It's a VERY new tune, and I agree, not the best. I think if they went with a more classical approach, it would be more emotional, but that's just based on my own taste.

It's weird to hear that kind of music near Main Street though.

Comment

Video for anyone wanting to have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-2NT_3lfo&t=23s

Also a video of California Adventure's rope drop to compare (2016 - 2020?), which is more or less what I prefer (includes the Mickey Mouse March!): https://youtu.be/LcwFlLe6xWg?t=155

Also, the 90s are in. I don't know why they don't blast this sick bop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAvKW4M9bdk
      Last edited by Captain Andy; 06-15-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

It sounds like the kind of music they would play on Mickey's Soundsational Parade (or any daytime parade). It doesn't put me in the mood for rushing to Pirates though (my first stop after rope drop).
        Brian the Pooh

Comment

Doesn't emote quite the same joy as the orchestral Zip a Dee Doo Dah, does it?

Comment

I was thinking Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah instrumental is perfect for this purpose - "My oh my what a wonderful day! Plenty of sunshine headin' my way!"

Also good would be It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (instrumental march version) and classic Mickey Mouse Club March (instrumental).

Also The Wonderful World of Color (original) or The Wonderful World of Disney medley (70s).
            Last edited by merlinjones; 06-15-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, but why always the complaining? Sure, things are different, but so what? It does not give is license to complain about things. JMHO.

Comment

A Whole New World instrumental wouldn't be awful either. For a more recent tune, it has that classic utopian vibe.
                Last edited by merlinjones; 06-15-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats2 View Post
                  I'm sorry, but why always the complaining? Sure, things are different, but so what? It does not give is license to complain about things. JMHO.
                  No license required to comment or criticize things on here! That's the beauty of forums. As for criticizing people who criticize things, that has quite a history on micechat.

I'm glad you enjoy the music, hopefully most guests will.
                  Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats2 View Post
                    Riiiight. People shouldn't complain about Disney, but it's okay for you to complain about the complainers.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

I want to complain about the complainers complaining about the complaint of complaining about complainers.
                      "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Just happy to hear that rope drop is back at all.
                        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Brian and Wiggins; Did you not see the JMHO i put at the end of my post? That means what I posted was my OPINION, and my opinion does not require cranky responses. JMHO.

Comment

Complainer, critic, or connoisseur -- One thing is for sure: we can't make that song any better! ; )
                            Last edited by merlinjones; 06-15-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Since no one really answered the question. The song being used now is "Its a Good Time" which was made for Mickeys 90th birthday 2 years ago which is also the theme in the returning Mickeys Mix Magic.

https://youtu.be/SM3RHgYZ2Eg

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                              Indy Ride Count: 2211
                              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Poor Mickey! Maybe he can regift the song to Spider-Man or Baby Yoda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain View Post
                                  I want to complain about the complainers complaining about the complaint of complaining about complainers.
                                  I have a complaint about this. haha
                                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X